South Pittsburg vs Fayetteville (Grider against this Morson man)

Roy Dillard

11 minutes ago, Shade said:

Man Pitt got that tail whipped I overestimated them sayin win by 3.All ppl blaming sander kid need to know he just a kid it’s coach that put him in bad spot with 1 man routeand stare down readsbro 28 was covered with safety overtop go to someone else.Fay tigers won it all rather easy

Nope, can’t blame it on the kid! He was put in some bad situations, in fact not just him the whole team was with poor game management. For example who uses all three first half timeouts in the first quarter?!

A very talented group of athletes from SP. I expect you all will be in the hunt again next year as well.  As to it being an upset of the ages I'd disagree.  Fayetteville is what I'd call a 10 pointer team.  They raised their level (or lowered depending on your outlook) against the mid to upper level teams to win by 10 +/- 5.  I think if SP had scored 8 more FC would have put another 6 on the board. 

And as was said earlier in the year, this group of kids have played and enjoyed success going back to the middle school years (starting with this group of seniors they were undefeated for 3 years running with conference player of the year every year as well I believe).  Sometimes kids mature differently, some players leave (and come back in this case), sometimes you get the lucky bounce or not, etc so nothing is a given.  But for folks who have personally watched these young men play over the years its not as shocking that they showed up to play.  And if it was luck or overconfidence or poor coaching decisions, well... you know I'll take the win that way too.

I'll also say a "Thank you" for the kind/positive comments from the SP fans on coacht.  Grace during a loss is always commendable and appreciated.  That speaks well of your people and program.

• Like 1

Congrats to Fayetteville. Outcoached and outplayed us all night long. Great bunch of kids who showed great sportsmanship towards our boys at the end. 

#3 for the Tigers was the best player on the field . Amazing talent and fun to watch.

Pirates - thank you for another great season. The  bar has been set, work hard in the off-season and punch your ticket again next year .  

Old Pirate jest tested positive for covid, so best to respond ASAP. Congratulations to the Tigers from Fayetteville on the “W”. Important to recognize the Tigers fer there strong team finish & state championship. SP fans & players present & past should be proud of this years team and their successes. OP posted early the Pirates needed to start early being nasty and follow throughout that way. The Pirates were extremely close to finishing what they started. The initial drive that came up short of the end zone was critical. Kelly given more playing experience this year would/should have learnt him to square shoulders in traffic near the goal line. Secondly, the early loss of the lone starting Allstate Mr. Football finalist offensive lineman/middle linebacker really hurt the Pirates. The Pirate QB had a respectful game but the team hurry up clock management was atrocious. OP agrees using 3 timeouts early in 1st half was directly contributed to player confusion of personnel & alignment. Arguably this falls on the coaches, but all know all too well how difficult it is to get & maintain youngons attention. At the end of the day, success & failure routinely starts and ends up front. Old Pirate says losses are always useful Ifin properly digested. 

Edited by OLD PIRATE

Just now, OLD PIRATE said:

Old Pirate jest tested positive for covid, so best to respond ASAP. Congratulations to the Tigers from Fayetteville on the “W”. Important to recognize the Tigers fer there strong team finish & state championship. SP fans & players present & past should be proud of this years team and their successes. OP posted early the Pirates needed to start early being nasty and follow throughout that way. The Pirates were extremely close to finishing what they started. The initial drive that came up short of the end zone was critical. Kelly given more playing experience this year would/should have learnt him to square shoulders in traffic near the goal line. Secondly, the early loss of the lone starting Allstate Mr. Football finalist offensive lineman/middle linebacker really hurt the Pirates. The Pirate QB had a respectful game but the team hurry up clock management was atrocious. OP agrees using 3 timeouts early in 1st half was directly contributed to player confusion of personnel & alignment. Arguably this falls on the coaches, but all know all too well how difficult it is to get youngons attention. At the end of the day, success & failure routinely starts and ends up front. Old Pirate says losses are always useful Ifin properly digested. 

Prayers for your recovery OP

3 minutes ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Old Pirate jest tested positive for covid, so best to respond ASAP. Congratulations to the Tigers from Fayetteville on the “W”. Important to recognize the Tigers fer there strong team finish & state championship. SP fans & players present & past should be proud of this years team and their successes. OP posted early the Pirates needed to start early being nasty and follow throughout that way. The Pirates were extremely close to finishing what they started. The initial drive that came up short of the end zone was critical. Kelly given more playing experience this year would/should have learnt him to square shoulders in traffic near the goal line. Secondly, the early loss of the lone starting Allstate Mr. Football finalist offensive lineman/middle linebacker really hurt the Pirates. The Pirate QB had a respectful game but the team hurry up clock management was atrocious. OP agrees using 3 timeouts early in 1st half was directly contributed to player confusion of personnel & alignment. Arguably this falls on the coaches, but all know all too well how difficult it is to get youngons attention. At the end of the day, success & failure routinely starts and ends up front. Old Pirate says losses are always useful Ifin properly digested. 

Hang in there old Pirate. Do what the doctors say and get better. Will be praying for you. I hope you have a speedy recovery.

7 minutes ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Prayers for recovery OP.

12 minutes ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Get well OP!

57 minutes ago, WARBOSS said:

Oohhh weeee!!!!! Fayetteville took those Pirates to the woodshed!! Fayetteville wanted it more and it showed!! To beat all I would have thought South Pittsburgh could have won playing just the South Pittsburgh kids and left there (transfers) home?? JMO..always next year...maybe?

Old Pirate says the Pirates would have finished exactly where they finished if no transfers. This game was a matchup between two talented teams. Honestly, OP says Fayetteville had more players that would/could have started fer the Pirates than the Pirates had that would/could have started fer the Tigers. Leastways in this skillethead’s opinion.