South Pittsburg vs Fayetteville (Grider against this Morson man)

Roy Dillard

On 12/5/2020 at 8:46 AM, bobcat93 said:

I watched Fayetteville City play Richland and the team I watched play Richland I would have never thought in a million years they would win the state championship this year.Congrats to Fayetteville City what you did was truly legendary and remarkable and will be talked about for years.Especially after what Huntland did to you all last year.

Huntland? It was none other than the Richland Raiders and that's a fact! Huntland already had a home playoff game before that ruling... Richland was out of the playoffs before they used their TSSAA resident board member.

I’m gonna play the Jasper card when they lose.

Terrible clock management by Vic.  Sometimes just take a delay of game instead of using a Timeout.

Offensive scheme was exactly what got us there and that’s fine, but when the defense ran exactly what Meigs and Monterey ran, we gotta be prepared to change it.  Well, we didn’t so I blame the coach.  Even if the kids ant block the defense, you gotta put them in an offensive set that will help them block better.  We couldn’t run the sweeps, so why not bring 2 of the 3 spread out WR’s in closer to the lineman and have extra blockers.  God knows we are gonna throw to one WR anyways. 

The middle was wide open all night for the pass.  Cooper was waving his hands like crazy on two separate times wide open 20 yards past the defenders, but we were so focused on throwing it to one WR.  I’m sure the design play says throw it to 28 every time.  If the QB is supposed to look at him first then decide to throw to the #2 or #3 receiver and he doesn’t know how to do that, then yank him and put number 7 in. 

Where was Mount and Cooper in the scheme of things???  Dumbest play calling.  When it doesn’t work change it up.  Well, in the close games, we don’t know how to do that.  Again...Coach.  

I questioned why we didn’t have 5 down lineman against the run heavy team.  At least the defensive Coaches made some adjustments in the 2nd half and it seemed to work some.  

If we had our 3 timeouts late in the 2nd quarter then maybe we had a chance to put ourselves in position to score or kick a FG.  Nope.  Coach loves to waste timeouts.

In the end we still had a chance to score and possibly win with the XP.  For some reason experience disappeared on 4 occasions.  2 sacks.  Run and not get out of bounds.  Huddle just to spike the ball.  

Not necessarily outplayed.  They all played hard.  Offensively just wasn’t prepared well.  Defensively we did okay but their 2 pass plays to back out of the backfield we acted like we hadn’t seen them before. 

Lastly all I’ve ever heard is we have a plethora of offensive plays yet we ran the same base plays.  In the big games we gotta have something no one has ever seen and prepared for.  I put the blame on the Coach, not coaches....The Coach.  

congrats young men.  Let’s work hard in the off-season and get back there next year

• Like 1

So Pitt didn’t lose because of time management in the last 3 minutes, rather because of a fast, strong, swarming Fayetteville defense that held them to 14 TOTAL points (not their normal 50+).  

Score more points in the first 3 quarters and the last 3 minutes don’t matter.

From a goal line stand in the 1st quarter to a final, swatted away pass, the Tigers’ defense beat their offense.

GO TIGERS!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, MC4FHS said:

So Pitt didn’t lose because of time management in the last 3 minutes, rather because of a fast, strong, swarming Fayetteville defense that held them to 14 TOTAL points (not their normal 50+).  

Score more points in the first 3 quarters and the last 3 minutes don’t matter.

From a goal line stand in the 1st quarter to a final, swatted away pass, the Tigers’ defense beat their offense.

GO TIGERS!

Time management was bad at the end of the game but that was not what beat the pirates. Fayetteville was faster than the pirates. The tiger coach had a good game plan and it was executed to the tee. So. Pittsburg could not out athlete the tigers. The tigers just as many or more athletes as the pirates. Great game plan by Fayetteville.

• Like 3