Milan vs Alcoa 3A State Championship

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

Congrats to Alcoa. Y’all do what you do pretty well. No surprise there.

I congratulate Milan on an excellent season. As I said in an earlier post, there are 40-odd teams in 3A that would love to have a Silver Ball. I was pulling for y’all. 

I’m now pulling for the Covid-19 vaccine. Let’s get that distributed and knock this virus for a loop. I’m hoping for a virus-free football season in 2021. Covington stays in 3A as Milan and Pearl-Cohn move to 4A, so that’s less competition for Alcoa next year. I would love to see my team advance in 2021, but we’ll have to see what kind of players get off the bus for us.

• Like 1

Alcoa went for 2 to set up the ending of the game with the clock running so that they could take a timeout on the final play of the game and get #12 on the field to honor his efforts as a senior football player.  That's why they went for 2 in that situation.  Quit crying about it please.  It makes you look like a sore loser.  It sounds like the Milan radio crew is a 'must hear' for all sports fans. 

Congrats to the Alcoa Tornadoes on State Championship #19.  Going for #20 next year as a program is uncharted territory for anyone.  People can talk about "playing up" all they want to but at the end of the day their kids play the schedule they're dealt and all they do is win at the highest level.  

Congrats to Coach Gary Rankin on win #453 and State Championship #16.  That's not too shabby for a Smith County native who began his coaching career at 0-10 back in 1982.  It just goes to show how much society has changed in this "instant results" world that we live in nowadays.    

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tribefan98 said:

Alcoa is a classless program. They stack trophies in 3A just so they can say they have more than Maryville. They’ll never be what Maryville is until they move up and prove they can do it on a fair playing field. I hate it for 3A football. Milan is the real 3A champs today. 

No I watched it.Alcoa got the ball that was Gold.Milan came in second,that's what the Silver ball is for.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

Alcoa went for 2 to set up the ending of the game with the clock running so that they could take a timeout on the final play of the game and get #12 on the field to honor his efforts as a senior football player.  That's why they went for 2 in that situation.  Quit crying about it please.  It makes you look like a sore loser.  It sounds like the Milan radio crew is a 'must hear' for all sports fans. 

Congrats to the Alcoa Tornadoes on State Championship #19.  Going for #20 next year as a program is uncharted territory for anyone.  People can talk about "playing up" all they want to but at the end of the day their kids play the schedule they're dealt and all they do is win at the highest level.  

Congrats to Coach Gary Rankin on win #453 and State Championship #16.  That's not too shabby for a Smith County native who began his coaching career at 0-10 back in 1982.  It just goes to show how much society has changed in this "instant results" world that we live in nowadays.    

Some folks dont see the big picture.That was the only way he could get on the field without the chance of getting hurt.VERY CLASSY MOVE BY ALCOA.

• Like 2