Betsy vs Haywood 4A title game

Kruger77

25 minutes ago, Tigersandcats said:

It is. Of course Hardin County is losing I think 22 seniors this year. So really don’t know if they’ll be as competitive as this year or not. A lot of big shoes to fill next year. 

You guys have a great program and put out good teams every. I have no doubt you guys we be just fine. I like what we bring back too. Should be a heck of a game again. 

16 minutes ago, stacmot said:

TomcatFan2011 how many Seniors do we have on the team this year?  I should know, but I don't. 

i know we will reload, but I was just curious.  I know we came back strong in 2019 after losing something like 33 seniors off of the 2018 team.  At least I think it was 33.  My memory isn't what it used to be!

I think we had 19 this year

57 minutes ago, stacmot said:

Thanks!

Losing Newbern, Stewart, Mays, Evans among others and a few linemen on offense. Good news is a great junior class and some very talented rising sophomores. The young qb has chance to be really good. Also a lot coming back like Lewis and Taylor. Actually a really young team overall this year. 

Edited by reddyrebel6

52 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

You guys have a great program and put out good teams every. I have no doubt you guys we be just fine. I like what we bring back too. Should be a heck of a game again. 

I hope it’s a reload situation for sure. There is a lot of young talent at HC for sure. What week of the season is this game slated for?

3 hours ago, SXSW said:

The State Championship Game was last week (Betsy vs Nolensville) Elizabethton by as many as they want.. I see a threepeat coming 12 months from now.

:lol:  Lay off the Shine there SXSW.  We shall see after this game if the Greeneville vs Betsy game in the Quarters was for who was the best in 4a this year. (You know the team that put up 107 more yards than Betsy in that game and held you to your lowest yards of the year)  Now if Haywood wins the question becomes how well would Betsy, Greeneville, or Anderson County would have faired in the West.

I see #5 coming back to Greeneville in 12 months with everyone they have coming back and what Betsy is losing.  That Greeneville team you faced in the Quarters is full of Sophomores and Juniors.

4 minutes ago, lawnman said:

Betsy still has everyone on the defensive line coming back next year. 

I know they do lawman.  You have some athletes coming back but losing a lot of the O line, Hughes,  Morton, and Holly just off the top of my head that have started for Betsy for a long time now.  Greeneville had success the 2nd time around against that D putting up 374 yards.  Avg. 9.7 yards a carry (Yes I Know Gudger broke off 2 long TD Runs) and 17 yard avg per completion.  The young Greeneville team that showed up the last 2 games of the season, will be even tougher to beat next year with losing 3 senior starters who played in those games.  Greeneville JV team and Middle School Team both went undefeated this year so the future definitely looks bright!

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Swipes said:

I know they do lawman.  You have some athletes coming back but losing a lot of the O line, Hughes,  Morton, and Holly just off the top of my head that have started for Betsy for a long time now.  Greeneville had success the 2nd time around against that D putting up 374 yards.  Avg. 9.7 yards a carry (Yes I Know Gudger broke off 2 long TD Runs) and 17 yard avg per completion.  The young Greeneville team that showed up the last 2 games of the season, will be even tougher to beat next year with losing 3 senior starters who played in those games.  Greeneville JV team and Middle School Team both went undefeated this year so the future definitely looks bright!

That middle school game  against Betsy was a dandy and i still like our chances in the years to come.

38 minutes ago, Swipes said:

:lol:  Lay off the Shine there SXSW.  We shall see after this game if the Greeneville vs Betsy game in the Quarters was for who was the best in 4a this year. (You know the team that put up 107 more yards than Betsy in that game and held you to your lowest yards of the year)  Now if Haywood wins the question becomes how well would Betsy, Greeneville, or Anderson County would have faired in the West.

I see #5 coming back to Greeneville in 12 months with everyone they have coming back and what Betsy is losing.  That Greeneville team you faced in the Quarters is full of Sophomores and Juniors.

There ain't no we, in this...I am not a Betsy fan but you have to give them credit, they can score at will on most opponents.. You must have missed the post where I said Greeneville would be a legit state title contender 12 months from now.... 

The Junor class for Elizabethton has never been on the losing end of a football game they won every game they played from the 6th grade on. They never lost a game in middle school playing some of the biggest schools in East Tennessee and are returning a massive O-Line. 2 great sophomore running backs 2 time Mr Football Finalist QB, great 3 year WR Roberts, the whole D-Line along with 2 Starting LBs and the experience of having been there. To be the man....3 claps and a Ric Flair.... Whooooooooo!!!!!

• Thanks 1