Peabody/Meigs who wins and why

Golddoctor

21 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Have you watched the trousdale meigs game ? I just got done watching it. I watched the south Pitt meigs game also a few weeks ago. I’m not sure what you are seeing but meigs isn’t guaranteed a win against us. 

they literally ran the ball to left side of the line the whole game against trousdale. You don’t think our coaches will find a way to stop that ? 

No doubt Meigs is a good football team. But some of this banter reminds me of 2014 thread with Marion County saying we couldn’t handle the physicality from them

Edited by Goldenpride

56 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Have you watched the trousdale meigs game ? I just got done watching it. I watched the south Pitt meigs game also a few weeks ago. I’m not sure what you are seeing but meigs isn’t guaranteed a win against us. 

they literally ran the ball to left side of the line the whole game against trousdale. You don’t think our coaches will find a way to stop that ? 

34 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

No doubt Meigs is a good football team. But some of this banter reminds me of 2014 thread with Marion County saying we couldn’t handle the physicality from them

Chill out fellas! 21 if Meigs ran to that side all night they obviously game planned that for whatever reason. If you watched the SP game then you will see the Meigs team I’m talking about. Film and personal view is a little different. I’m not saying they are going blow Peabody out of the water but I do think they will win.

Golden(pee)pride I have never said y’all couldn’t handle the physicality of  Meigs! 

I think it will be a 7-14 point differential more. They (Meigs) have really good line play and a good QB and RB. They have really good DBACKS also. The only advantage Peabody has is speed and kicking game.

Edited by vandyfan1

10 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Chill out fellas! 21 if Meigs ran to that side all night they obviously game planned that for whatever reason. If you watched the SP game then you will see the Meigs team I’m talking about. Film and personal view is a little different. I’m not saying they are going blow Peabody out of the water but I do think they will win.

Golden(pee)pride I have never said y’all couldn’t handle the physicality of  Meigs! 

I think it will be a 7-14 point differential more. They (Meigs) have really good line play and a good QB and RB. They have really good DBACKS also. The only advantage Peabody has is speed and kicking game.

No I wasn’t saying you said that lol, not the physicality part I’m just saying some of the stuff I’ve read ( not from you) is kinda like that. I was worried about the McKenzie game, but I’m worried about this one a little more. These guys are big and can move, but respect all and fear none. Every state game is always the game I can’t put my finger on until about a day or 2 before the game 

1 hour ago, Tide21 said:

Where did you find the south Pittsburg/Meigs game?

15 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

No I wasn’t saying you said that lol, not the physicality part I’m just saying some of the stuff I’ve read ( not from you) is kinda like that. I was worried about the McKenzie game, but I’m worried about this one a little more. These guys are big and can move, but respect all and fear none. Every state game is always the game I can’t put my finger on until about a day or 2 before the game 

I have been wrong about my picks before but usually if I have seen the teams play in person I’m usually right about my picks. I don’t blame the Tide fans for being nervous if Meigs fans say they ain’t nervous about this game it would be lies. Peabody has a chance to do something really remarkable with a three peat. Maybe y’all can pull it off!

Ok. I had said I wasn’t going to the past but- been watching last years game over and over. But you guys graduated Dirksen and he saved your bacon  If he hadn’t played Meigs blows you out.  Without him you wouldn’t have been able to pound and wouldn’t have stopped us. 

7 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

In my opinion they have a coaching advantage and I would say that no matter who they were playing in 2A. Name me one other team in 2A that has 4 guys with head coaching experience on staff?  Three of them have been head coaches in semi and championship games and one is a tssaa hall of famer.  I think in a game between two teams with similar talent this will make a difference. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Cashmeout said:

Ok. I had said I wasn’t going to the past but- been watching last years game over and over. But you guys graduated Dirksen and he saved your bacon  If he hadn’t played Meigs blows you out.  Without him you wouldn’t have been able to pound and wouldn’t have stopped us. 

Line is bigger this year and a little older. Also this is the fastest back I believe we have had since 14. Correct me if I am wrong Peabody faithful. I think he has similar speed of Johnson and Malone from 14. We also have a back that almost Dickson sized and a fullback that doesn’t stop. IMO you can’t look at last years team for this one. It’s a totally different team. Also I think this is the first year that nobody starts both ways. We have offense and defense starters.

8 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

Well there you go. You done it now. It’s the Mckenzie pick all over again. Wait your just a HATER!!!!

39 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

In my opinion they have a coaching advantage and I would say that no matter who they were playing in 2A. Name me one other team in 2A that has 4 guys with head coaching experience on staff?  Three of them have been head coaches in semi and championship games and one is a tssaa hall of famer.  I think in a game between two teams with similar talent this will make a difference. 

Isn’t that the truth. It’s amazing what coaching can do. Just look at the job that Pickup Man has done. 

• Upvote 1