TSSAA Shutting it Down!

WaReAgLe3

17 hours ago, District12AA said:

A judge would laugh that out of the court room but I am sure there is a lawyer who will gladly collect some money for whatever yahoo wants to try to file that lawsuit.

The reality is indoor sporting events are far more difficult to manage and mitigate risk due to people being unwilling to follow simple protocols so the athletes can play. I have been to a couple of HS wrestling matches and fans wear mask in then take them off. If watching student athletes is so important then follow the protocols. 

A judge may very well laugh at such a claim but a good attorney that can get a jury trial is dangerous for the TSSAA.  No one ever knows how a jury will react unless someone passes them a few envelopes.  

On 12/5/2020 at 9:41 PM, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Not sure if they do or not but I am very surprised that they are allowing Wrestling.  I would think of all the sports that wrestling would be the most risky for kids.

If done correctly wrestling can be in my opinion one of the safest. Record practice partners everyday, limit practice partners to 1-2 other kids, you know exactly who each kid wrestled in a dual meet so very limited contact tracing needed. With basketball especially, but even football you are face to face with a different person 30 or more times during the course of a game or practice. Maybe I am biased and I understand that the "extremely close contact" is definitely alarming but wrestling out of the three sports I mentioned is definitely "exposing" the least amount of kids in my opinion

• Upvote 1

On 12/6/2020 at 3:37 PM, District12AA said:

You didn’t answer my question. On what grounds would they sue? 

I have spoken to multiple TSSAA officials across the state and there have been discussions and it is well within their jurisdiction to do so.

Actually, it is not in their jurisdiction. The lock downs themselves are unconstitutional. Period! If you or anyone else don't understand this then you are a slave to the system. 

22 hours ago, cbg said:

A judge may very well laugh at such a claim but a good attorney that can get a jury trial is dangerous for the TSSAA.  No one ever knows how a jury will react unless someone passes them a few envelopes.  

Heck, we both know for a fact of a lady that shot another lady (wife ) in Columbia after she got boot stomped for messing with her husband. Wife got shot on the toilet after the fight. Her lawyer (defended Jerrry Lee and Jimmy Hoffa, not kidding) got her off on self defense. Good Lawyer can do a lot! And envelops ain`t the only thing she was known for:thumb:

Edited by atwsportscast2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, HTV said:

Listen to this when you get a chance.  Roy D. Mercer stole his material from the "real" Leroy Mercer, a guy named John Bean.   

Do a Google search and look him up.  Funny guy, RIP John Bean.  

(1) C & C Auto II - YouTube

He is a cross between the Pool Room chatter (not swimming ) and my cousins at the dirt track

• Upvote 1