Trenton Peabody 2021

PeabodyPride

5 hours ago, Igotthis said:

Not right now.  I've seen teams beat teams later in the season who they lost to by multiple tds earlier.  With that said, USJ GOT THE CRAP BEAT OUT OF THEM by Peabody in a scrimmage 2 years ago and still made it to the Championship.  My prediction, USJ WILL WIN state, Peabody will too.  But it won't be easy. Private schools always have the upper hand in most years.  Good luck. The only disadvantage privates have is they are now playing on the same playing field.  We put 56 points on USJ b team 2 years ago.  Wow, what an improvement over 2 years.  Lol

If I told you how many players we had out two years ago or how the format was different this year  it would not matter.  It was a scrimmage.

Trenton is an excellent 1A/2A team.

A couple of corrections regarding the scrimmage.  That is our starting quarterback and Trenton had two first downs (one by pass and one by penalty). 

1 hour ago, USJalum88 said:

If I told you how many players we had out two years ago or how the format was different this year  it would not matter.  It was a scrimmage.

Trenton is an excellent 1A/2A team.

A couple of corrections regarding the scrimmage.  That is our starting quarterback and Trenton had two first downs (one by pass and one by penalty). 

7 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Relax. I didn’t say Peabody has no shot at making it to Chatt. We’re 4 months away from the state championship game, no need to freaking out. I don’t think Peabody is playing up to their expectations. That’s all. What I’m trying to say is, that team has flaws right now. Peabody is going to be fine. They’re going to be okay! To me, I don’t think they’re as heavy as a favorite as what other people believe them to be. That’s all.

I feel ya

4 minutes ago, Igotthis said:

I feel ya

Not trying to be disrespectful.  I have this thing with private schools.  One of the parents at USJ said there were faces he'd never seen.  But USJ and JCS , Trinity are the only privates I can tolerate.  I love our local teams.  That USJ. Team faced a team in Peabody whose only concern was to work on our O line.  Our coaches are only concern about fixing what is broken.  Hats off to them

Just now, Igotthis said:

Not trying to be disrespectful.  I have this thing with private schools.  One of the parents at USJ said there were faces he'd never seen.  But USJ and JCS , Trinity are the only privates I can tolerate.  I love our local teams.  That USJ. Team faced a team in Peabody whose only concern was to work on our O line.  Our coaches are only concern about fixing what is broken.  Hats off to them

USJ should not be overly confident in any scrimmage but understand they were the better team that day.  Even though we whipped USJ in a scrimmage 2 years ago, they could have very well beat us in regular season.  Good luck to both teams

1 hour ago, Igotthis said:

I heard the OL was the concern from a handful. They will likely get better by playoff time. Peabody may have a few losses early but be really good late. 

34 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I heard the OL was the concern from a handful. They will likely get better by playoff time. Peabody may have a few losses early but be really good late. 

That's the goal. We know the streak may end, but until then, we will go into every game prepared to win.  No panic here.  The target is on our back and we will get everybody's best.  That makes for a better team come playoffs.  Our schedule is the toughest in all of 1a and 2a.  Roll Tide

Just now, Igotthis said:

That's the goal. We know the streak may end, but until then, we will go into every game prepared to win.  No panic here.  The target is on our back and we will get everybody's best.  That makes for a better team come playoffs.  Our schedule is the toughest in all of 1a and 2a.  Roll Tide

They (O line) will be better in 2 wks.  Our line coaches are the best.  They are so passionate.  They are always teaching.

Just now, Igotthis said:

They (O line) will be better in 2 wks.  Our line coaches are the best.  They are so passionate.  They are always teaching.

This 7 year run  has produced 4Gold balls.  Only Alcoa and Maryville compares to that.  What's impressive about Peabody is they have done all of this with 98 percent of home grown kids

1 hour ago, Igotthis said:

Peabody’s schedule is far from the toughest in 1a and 2a. Greenfield, Halls, Humboldt, West Carroll? Come on man.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Igotthis said:

I don't understand this post. I'm not a USJ poster, but of the three private schools in Jackson, USJ is the team that is willing to play public schools on a consistent basis. Trinity will play public schools occasionally, but they like their friends in Medina and Adamsville too much. However, the 7 on 7 against Haywood didn't go so well for Trenton, they didn't really stand out to me in the 7 on 7 at USJ (the one where Ripley won), and USJ had their night last night. So there's a trend that is starting. And Milan is coming in like 11 days. It's going to be a hungry Milan team, too. I've stated in the past that scrimmages and developmental games don't carry much weight in my eyes. Again, Peabody is going to be fine in the long run, just not playing good football right now.