2021 3A

SSHawks12

2 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

I detect a certain immaturity in facing the truth! MoM got butt hurt from me saying that Covington would get hammer by Alcoa in 2019 and 2020. Alcoa beat Pearl Cohn 27-0, a team that beat Covington, and Milan 35-0, another team that beat Covington. If you sissies can not stand the truth and want everything candy coated, then maybe you panty wearing cry babies need to get off a football message board! :lol:

https://www.coacht.com/tennessee/article.cfm?id=252

Who has the best chance of challenging Alcoa in the east?   Who will it be in the west....Covington, Dyersburg, Ripley,  Fairview, Waverly, Stewart Co., one of the Nashville schools, or one of the Memphis schools?

On 1/26/2021 at 3:19 PM, ChargerFootball said:

2017-  if the end around reverse doesn't get fumbled at the 5 yard line Covington cruises. Covington had the momentum and they took a shot; and it was there in all of its glory. Tyrese Winfrey had a wide open 95 yards in front of him and I promise you he wasn't getting caught. He ran 14.18 in 110 hurdles that year if I am not mistaken.

If we are gonna talk hypotheticals, had Sankey not fumbled just before halftime in our last meeting, Alcoa goes in up 14 points. They got the ball coming out and scored on the first drive. That would have put Alcoa up by 21 and would have COMPLETELY taken Cov out of their game..... I would rather give Cov a lil credit for playing a great game, but you clowns make it impossible to do so...... Anyway, thanks for playing. Good luck getting back this year. Can’t wait! :hungry:

5 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

I detect a certain immaturity in facing the truth! MoM got butt hurt from me saying that Covington would get hammer by Alcoa in 2019 and 2020. Alcoa beat Pearl Cohn 27-0, a team that beat Covington, and Milan 35-0, another team that beat Covington. If you sissies can not stand the truth and want everything candy coated, then maybe you panty wearing cry babies need to get off a football message board! :lol:

Listen, we grown-ups were trying to have a conversation here. Do you mind?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Listen, we grown-ups were trying to have a conversation here. Do you mind?

Thanks, charger fan. ABSOLUTELY NONE of this was called for. NONE!

Some little man that needs high heeled shoes, and a stool to see eye to eye with everyone had jump in and remind everyone the team he pulls for is better than us little people. Its cool, I get it, we all get it, Alcoa is in the top 3 regardless of classification every single year. No need for anyone to get fluffed up about it. 

I am however, going to miss playing Covington! We have had some dandy's over the past several years. 

Edited by ManOfMillions

58 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

Some little man that needs high heeled shoes, and a stool to see eye to eye with everyone had jump in and remind everyone the team he pulls for is better than us little people. Its cool, I get it, we all get it, Alcoa is in the top 3 regardless of classification every single year. No need for anyone to get fluffed up about it. 

I am however, going to miss playing Covington! We have had some dandy's over the past several years. 

Well, Covington is playing our 5 Region 7-3A opponents in 2021, plus three 4A opponents (Haywood, Dyer County, & Jackson North Side) plus two 5A opponents (Brighton and Munford). We could have played y'all instead of D.C. Or JNS, I guess. I don't know how that scheduling went. 

Who do you guys have scheduled?

35 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Well, Covington is playing our 5 Region 7-3A opponents in 2021, plus three 4A opponents (Haywood, Dyer County, & Jackson North Side) plus two 5A opponents (Brighton and Munford). We could have played y'all instead of D.C. Or JNS, I guess. I don't know how that scheduling went. 

Who do you guys have scheduled?

Hey Chargerfan. I hope all is well. Dyer County is actually 5A. 

10 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

:lol:

tenor.gif.a9a55ed7713b930c9b6790c6b57778c2.gif

8 hours ago, stacmot said:

Hey Chargerfan. I hope all is well. Dyer County is actually 5A. 

Really! I didn't realize that. Did they just move to 5A in this last re-shuffle, or have they been in 5A a while? That makes our schedule even more challenging. 

I call this schedule the Hwy 51 schedule. Covington is on US Hwy 51, of course, then from North to South, you have Dyer County, Dyersburg, Ripley, us, Brighton, Munford, and Millington all strung out along that same route. 

I'm hoping that we can all get the vaccine by August and go back to having good crowds at our games.

Edited by CHARGERFAN

1 hour ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Really! I didn't realize that. Did they just move to 5A in this last re-shuffle, or have they been in 5A a while? That makes our schedule even more challenging. 

I call this schedule the Hwy 51 schedule. Covington is on US Hwy 51, of course, then from North to South, you have Dyer County, Dyersburg, Ripley, us, Brighton, Munford, and Millington all strung out along that same route. 

I'm hoping that we can all get the vaccine by August and go back to having good crowds at our games.

Bolton is not far from Hwy 51.  Bolivar is the one that is located far off the beaten path.

Dyer Co. was placed in 5A during the 2017 reclassification cycle.  For some reason the Choctaws requested they be placed in Region 7 with Henry Co. and the Clarksville schools, so that's where they have been for the last 4 years.  They're back with Brighton, Munford, and the Memphis schools now.

5 hours ago, stacmot said:

Bolton is not far from Hwy 51.  Bolivar is the one that is located far off the beaten path.

Dyer Co. was placed in 5A during the 2017 reclassification cycle.  For some reason the Choctaws requested they be placed in Region 7 with Henry Co. and the Clarksville schools, so that's where they have been for the last 4 years.  They're back with Brighton, Munford, and the Memphis schools now.

I should have realized that. One of the county high schools (either Munford or Brighton) met them in the 5A playoffs in 2020, I believe.

7 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

I should have realized that. One of the county high schools (either Munford or Brighton) met them in the 5A playoffs in 2020, I believe.

I see Covington, Dyersburg, and Ripley as the top 3 in 7-3A.  Who do you think has the best chance for the 4th spot?  Millington?

Edited by stacmot