Oak Ridge High School Football 2021

CardinalGrey

4 minutes ago, bonkers said:

I've noticed that too. Does Gaddis even try to win scrimmages? We never seem to look very good in them. Did he give them a break yesterday with a short practice or was it a full practice? Will Tawater play in this scrimmage?

It’s not just Gaddis teams though, although we did beat Alcoa in a scrimmage back when Blade was here. It has always been an Oak Ridge tradition to look like shizznit in preseason scrimmages, for as long as I can remember. To answer your other questions,  I have no earthly idea on either.

Edited by SweetScience

17 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

It’s not just Gaddis teams though, although we did beat Alcoa in a scrimmage back when Blade was here. It has always been an Oak Ridge tradition to look like shizznit in preseason scrimmages, for as long as I can remember. To answer your other questions,  I have no earthly idea on either.

Have no fear Sweets...I, Coach Cats, will have a scrimmage report either late tonight or early tomorrow! The "Coach Cats" report will be thorough and blunt, and I will not sugarcoat it!!!!  RWR

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Yikes. Cats, I’m dreading your assessment. That was FUGLY. In typical OR scrimmage tradition/fashion, we looked like pure bootay. 

It was ugly.I hope Tarwater makes a big difference.Zero passing game tonight.Our poor DLine is really bad.Fulton QB had as long as he wanted.Only good news is like u said we always look bad in scrimmages.And Jai looked good.

• Upvote 1

Th Coach Cats Report:

Starting with grades:

Offensive Line - C+    (actually better than I expected) Blocked decent on the run but inconsistent pass protection

Running Backs - A     (there are four good ones that I saw)

Wide Receivers -  C    (very hard to grade because we didn't get to the ball to them much)

QB - D     (long way to go)

Defensive Line - C    (fair at best)

LB - A     (Berven can play and Kelly is pretty good)

Secondary -  D-    (what's new)  Very young, very small, and A long way to go

Punting - A   (punted too many times but Berven is good)

Kicking - ???????

In typical OR fashion, I have no idea how good this team will be after watching that scrimmage

• Like 1

Ugly. That sums it up.

There were some things that made it look worse than a real game. No checkoffs on offense. The no touch QB jersey really hurt. The DBs - what you saw tonight should in no way be the guys that play. Rogers, Hayward, and Crowley were never on defense together. Bervin and Kelly only played one series, maybe two. So, maybe there is hope on the defensive side. Tonight was awful. The young guys had a very difficult time covering or tackling.

O line is big. That doesn't equal good. QB play - no comment. 

I saw very few players with the warrior spirit. Maybe it takes a real game to get excited. 

1 hour ago, SweetScience said:

Yikes. Cats, I’m dreading your assessment. That was FUGLY. In typical OR scrimmage tradition/fashion, we looked like pure bootay. 

How did our 30 guys do ? Didnt get to go ...I was by practice on Thursday and our best OL and best LB are out and were gonna miss ... how did Falcons look ??

6 minutes ago, Tadvols said:

How did our 30 guys do ? Didnt get to go ...I was by practice on Thursday and our best OL and best LB are out and were gonna miss ... how did Falcons look ??

They looked good I thought. QB is tiny, but has a good arm and some nice touch. Was impressed with the defense-pretty fast and quick, and good tacklers. Honestly though, we looked so awful that it’s hard to tell. I have no idea who our QB was, but the prospective starter was out. I hope so anyway, at least, because if not, we’re in deep doo doo as far as the QB situation is concerned. Y’all first teamsters are quality, but they’ll be gassed by the mid 3rd quarter in most games. Like you said, zero depth.

10 minutes ago, Tadvols said:

35 minutes ago, OR nole said:

Ugly. That sums it up.

There were some things that made it look worse than a real game. No checkoffs on offense. The no touch QB jersey really hurt. The DBs - what you saw tonight should in no way be the guys that play. Rogers, Hayward, and Crowley were never on defense together. Bervin and Kelly only played one series, maybe two. So, maybe there is hope on the defensive side. Tonight was awful. The young guys had a very difficult time covering or tackling.

O line is big. That doesn't equal good. QB play - no comment. 

I saw very few players with the warrior spirit. Maybe it takes a real game to get excited. 

Agree with everything. The early whistles on the QB were killer.