Hester returns to Ravenwood

MidTennFootball

This is gigantic and amazing news for the Ravenwood program. However, this is a much different scenario than when Hester took over in 2013 for the first time. Here’s why. 

1. He’s now in charge of keeping the program at the elite level it’s been on since he was at the helm the first time. During his first Ravenwood tenure, the initial goal was just putting the program back on the map after the 8-22 previous several years. Beating Brentwood and winning a single district title seemed like monumental tasks, but Hester did both in year one. That defied anyone’s expectations outside the zip code RHS is in. He had his team in the state title game the next year and won the 6A championship the year after that. 

2. Williamson County is no longer the red headed stepchild of Rutherford County. Back in 2013-15, Brentwood was down, Summit was still brand new, and Indy/Franklin/Centennial were decent. Now, Brentwood is rolling again, Summit just won state in 5A, Franklin and Indy will always be a threat, and Page and Nolensville are playing at high levels (albeit outside 6A). This will be the strongest county/region in the state in 2021. 

That being said, Hester will have all the support of us here in Raptor nation. He’ll have the resources he needs to make trips to Cookeville. Expectations will be high, but there is no doubt he can have this program back to what it was in 14-15. 

42 minutes ago, tubthumper said:

Will Hester is Ravenwood Football and I don’t think anyone would disagree. 

The year after Hester left (2016), the energy was just completely sapped from the program. You could tell they missed him. Daniels in ‘17 brought the juice back when he took over after Wessman. But having Hester back in huge in too many ways to explain.