Hester returns to Ravenwood

MidTennFootball

23 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

Hester isn't half the coach he used to be.

3 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Well you ain’t half the man you claim to be. -Leroy Mercer aka John Bean.

I should have put a :wink: with that original post.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/high-school/2017/09/20/nolensville-football-coach-hester-loses-220-pounds/660703001/

by: Tommy Kreager

635770001443525125-NAS-RAVENWOODMJ0905-1

636410814015541198-WAM-SPORTS-nolensvill

Edited by Red Rebels

Yes he did.

I will have to side with Workinprogress on this one. He left Ravenwood because the better athletes were going to be at Nolensville. Parents location didn't mean squat then or now.  He is following the athlete trail.  

Ravenwood might have been surprised at what they could have gotten if they had opened it up. Guess we will never know. 

I am confident, however, that they didn't try to talk him out of it down south.

5 hours ago, FYB said:

Coach Hester went to the Quarterfinals in like his second year there, and made the first ever playoff appearance for the school or something like that in his first year.  Not really fair to classify him as chasing money, when he took on a new challenge and accomplished good things while he was there.  His parents live right across the street from the school...him coming back makes sense for everyone but you apparently.  You can appreciate Daniels without badmouthing Hester.  

Hester a a good guy. But he did chase the athletes to Nolensville and the money to Alabama.  He made no secret about the money when he left so I am not saying anything that he hasn't already said.  Maybe I am wrong but A LOT of coaches could have won with the dudes that RVenwood had during his reign.  They were loaded.  Heater has been at 4 programs now. Lavergne was not good at all.  Ravenwood was very good.  Nolensville was too early to tell and then Alabama which apparently was not going well.   So is really some great coach like some of you believe?  Maybe but maybe not.  Most coaches can win with great talent.  I just felt it was a little unfair to broad brushing coach Daniels achievements like they were petty 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Hester a a good guy. But he did chase the athletes to Nolensville and the money to Alabama.  He made no secret about the money when he left so I am not saying anything that he hasn't already said.  Maybe I am wrong but A LOT of coaches could have won with the dudes that RVenwood had during his reign.  They were loaded.  Heater has been at 4 programs now. Lavergne was not good at all.  Ravenwood was very good.  Nolensville was too early to tell and then Alabama which apparently was not going well.   So is really some great coach like some of you believe?  Maybe but maybe not.  Most coaches can win with great talent.  I just felt it was a little unfair to broad brushing coach Daniels achievements like they were petty 

His first Nolensville Varsity team was the first team in STATE HISTORY to win a playoff game with no seniors in the building.  That is not too early to tell in my book.

5 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

Hester isn't half the coach he used to be.

5 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

31 minutes ago, LoveForTheGame said:

You’re going to have to elaborate unless you were talking about his physical transformation, which was remarkable. 

Well, since I posted an article by Tom Kreager about his weight loss and then linked to two pictures from said article which showed his transformation and said article stated he lost over 220 lbs. I find it hard to believe that you didn't know what I was talking about. 

119dd3797490c22e49cf42e5357fb719.gif

Edited by Red Rebels

On 12/13/2020 at 7:31 AM, BooWhoWiseMan said:

I will point out 1 thing.  Hester left Ravenwood when he knew the athletes where drying up and went to Nolensville where everyone in the county knew was a hotbed.  Daniels came in and did a great job of rebuilding Ravenwood back up.  Now he is the knight in shining armor coming back after chasing the money to Alabama without much success on the field.  Like him or hate him Daniels did a great job and I hope his time with the family is everything that he is looking for

Daniels is a good coach. However, he was perhaps unaware of many things happening in his program.