Lake County 2021 schedule

lakecounty1968

6 hours ago, shockernation said:

Think about it like this some of these kids are lucky to see Nashville....just treat it as a new experience! From my understanding local schools wouldn’t return phone calls and we all hate byes! I’m just looking at it as a new experience myself 

Great post! Exactly what I have been trying to tell people. It’s a great experience for the kids. I think many will enjoy it regardless of the outcome. 

On 12/16/2020 at 3:52 PM, lakecounty1968 said:

I am going to say it. It is a shame when schools like So. Fulton, Dresden and Gleason are scared to play. Lake County has played the above mentioned schools for years and as soon as they were moved to a new region they wouldn't schedule. 

Ok I got to stick up for Gleason and even South Fulton there. They'd have nothing to gain by playing y'all. Most years Gleason struggles to even field a team and numbers aren't usually great at SF either So I don't see the upside to losing by 50 and possibly losing some players off of already thin rosters. 

43 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Ok I got to stick up for Gleason and even South Fulton there. They'd have nothing to gain by playing y'all. Most years Gleason struggles to even field a team and numbers aren't usually great at SF either So I don't see the upside to losing by 50 and possibly losing some players off of already thin rosters. 

I will give you Gleason but not So. Fulton. LC has played SF more than any other school. The two schools are comparable in size. So. Fulton has actually won a few games against LC. Noway should SF be let of the hook.

7 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

I could use that same exact argument as to why LC shouldn’t play ensworth.  LC might dress 30-35 kids and playing a team like Ensworth you could lose starters that you will dearly need in the playoffs. But they stepped up to the plate regardless. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

3 hours ago, PHSRollTide said:

Yeah surprisingly Peabody has only won like 5 region championships maybe 6 since 1990, so yeah still a big deal for the Tide.

@TipToe421

It is in LC too. I wasn't referring to region championships. I was talking about those cupcake schedules just to get wins instead of playing decent quality non region teams to get ready for a playoff push.  

Edited by TipToe421
  • Upvote 1

I understand wanting to play tougher teams.I like that.Within reason.Coach I talked with says Ensworth with over 1100 students would be probably a 4A school.Add in the private recruiting factor and it's like a 6A school..I'm worried about injuries.I know injuries can happen anytime,but think it's a difference when a qb or running back gets hurt after yardage.It happens.But think it's going to be hard to block these guys and just think LC will be getting hit by multiple players behind the line with no chance.Hope I'm wrong.If it's for seeing Nashville,take them on a weekend trip.If it's for the field,Jumbo tron ,play Dyer Co or Dyersburg.I know they may not have an opening .I'm not against playing tougher teams like Union City,Trenton,Milan etc.Or privates like maybe TCA,USJ,if you want to travel to Nashville,maybe Donelson Christ,Goodpasture, maybe Nashville Christian ,someone within reason.But it's what it is.Maybe LC faithful know more than I do and think it will be fairly good game,30 points.Id say 50 plus or more.Running clock.If not for that,70 plus.Maybe I'm wrong.Hope I am.