Region 7-4A 2021 Outlook

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

4 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Peabody losing two all state lineman to graduation will hurt. Dyersburg will have some big boys in the trenches returning. Will definitely be a good match up. No doubt week 1 will be a slobber knocker. 

Also, Roy called and invited us a to his New years eve party! I told him you were busy! Did not say busy doing what! Something about his sisters yearly bath appointment was missed. Phone signal is not very strong in his Grannies basement. He also said " you think I am choking but I am ".... I think... 

Edited by ManOfMillions

7 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

I got to live through the 80-90's being a UT fan. I am convinced the Football program will NEVER be like that ever again. 

It’s tough for fans to admit where the current state of the Tennessee football program currently is. What Matt Rhule did at Baylor was exceptional, and I know Tennessee fans are trying to find their “Matt Rhule.” I really do want the Vols to succeed, but it’s tough because I think we all know Pruitt is not the guy.

Just now, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

tenor.gif
Yall need to bottle up some of that Pistol Creek water and ship it up to Knoxville. 

Your on too the reason. Fulmer is the AD.....when he was the HC, he never recruited local or in State talent.  When, he passed up Randall Cobb, Golden Tate, Hightower,  and Harrison Smith...all now playing in the NFL, I knew he did not have a clue.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TryNotToSuck said:

It’s tough for fans to admit where the current state of the Tennessee football program currently is. What Matt Rhule did at Baylor was exceptional, and I know Tennessee fans are trying to find their “Matt Rhule.” I really do want the Vols to succeed, but it’s tough because I think we all know Pruitt is not the guy.

Fact.

15 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

Your on too the reason. Fulmer is the AD.....when he was the HC, he never recruited local or in State talent.  When, he passed up Randall Cobb, Golden Tate, Hightower,  and Harrison Smith...all now playing in the NFL, I knew he did not have a clue.

Maybe he’ll get Anthony Brown to come and have a change of luck. :)  still can’t believe they didn’t offer Avery Williamson. 

10 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Maybe he’ll get Anthony Brown to come and have a change of luck. :)  still can’t believe they didn’t offer Avery Williamson. 

For sure! Avery was awesome!

Also, one of the best players Alcoa has ever had.....is going to GA Tech next season.  UT did not even travel 20 minutes to try and make him a Vol. Absolutely stupidity! Alcoa’s #99 is better than any WR they have over at UT right now......sigh. college's are missing the boat on him!

32 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

Also, one of the best players Alcoa has ever had.....is going to GA Tech next season.  UT did not even travel 20 minutes to try and make him a Vol. Absolutely stupidity! Alcoa’s #99 is better than any WR they have over at UT right now......sigh. college's are missing the boat on him!

I agree on both those Alcoa players. UT is missing out. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I agree on both those Alcoa players. UT is missing out. 

Clemson Coach Dabo Swiney was in Knoxville many times recruiting Amari Rogers( Knx Catholic)and Tee Higgins (OR) right out from under UT. And, at the same time...butch Jones was telling Trevor Lawrence (wore #16 bc he was a Peyton Manning fan and wanted to play for UT) that he did not need a pro style QB. And,that he had a great dual threat QB. (JG) Ha! The UT staff has simply chased recruiting site stars and has never got out and learned about the talent in their own backyard and across the State.

4 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

As crazy as this sounds.... you are right. If you look at this objectively people would think you are nuts.... Unfortunately, you are not. Sad state of affairs at the hill right now. 

1 hour ago, ManOfMillions said:

As crazy as this sounds.... you are right. If you look at this objectively people would think you are nuts.... Unfortunately, you are not. Sad state of affairs at the hill right now. 

You don't grow up in the shadows of Neyland Stadium and not see it!

The craziest part is Phillip Fulmer lives in Blount County.  He has to drive by Alcoa and Maryville High School to get home. But. He has never been seen at Alcoa and Maryville. 

It took the Esapegoat firing of OC Coach Randy Sanders to start the Alcoa to Kentucky pipeline. Sanders traveled back to Knoxville and offered one of the best players to ever come through Blount County.....Randall Cobb. A player that was an SEC freshman 1st teamer the following season.....and interestingly...Fulmer was fired the following year.

Just as bad..... the same year....Harrison Smith played ten minutes down the road at Knoxville Catholic. UT missed that boat and let him show out at Notre Dame. 

27 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

You don't grow up in the shadows of Neyland Stadium and not see it!

The craziest part is Phillip Fulmer lives in Blount County.  He has to drive by Alcoa and Maryville High School to get home. But. He has never been seen at Alcoa and Maryville. 

It took the Esapegoat firing of OC Coach Randy Sanders to start the Alcoa to Kentucky pipeline. Sanders traveled back to Knoxville and offered one of the best players to ever come through Blount County.....Randall Cobb. A player that was an SEC freshman 1st teamer the following season.....and interestingly...Fulmer was fired the following year.

Just as bad..... the same year....Harrison Smith played ten minutes down the road at Knoxville Catholic. UT missed that boat and let him show out at Notre Dame. 

Everybody eyes are different. College coaches pass up on players all the time, that's part of it. Just like general managers for professional sport team draft/sign a bad player and made a bad trade. It's just part of it. I will say this, Tennessee is not obligated to recruit every "good" player that walk the halls at Alcoa and Maryville, of course. Memphis was very fortunate to see Ole Miss and Mississippi State to pass on Kenny Gainwell. Just like Tennessee is lucky that Alabama cut ties with Alvin Kamara.

Also, I do believe high school players are now switching from "pick a school that I want to go play for" to "pick a school that I have the best chance to be successful in." I do believe high school recruits are becoming more wiser when it comes to college selection, than ever.

10 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Everybody eyes are different. College coaches pass up on players all the time, that's part of it. Just like general managers for professional sport team draft/sign a bad player and made a bad trade. It's just part of it. I will say this, Tennessee is not obligated to recruit every "good" player that walk the halls at Alcoa and Maryville, of course. Memphis was very fortunate to see Ole Miss and Mississippi State to pass on Kenny Gainwell. Just like Tennessee is lucky that Alabama cut ties with Alvin Kamara.

Also, I do believe high school players are now switching from "pick a school that I want to go play for" to "pick a school that I have the best chance to be successful in." I do believe high school recruits are becoming more wiser when it comes to college selection, than ever.

I'm not talking "good" players. I'm talking players you only see every 10-20 years. And,when they appear in your backyard and you're blind to it.....that on THEM.(UT - recruit your state first)

The Player's I use as example, are currently playing in the NFL. Not "good" players.....BUT players that's are on a totally different level. 

Now, on you're comment about UT not obligated to recruit players from Alcoa and Maryville.......No  they are not.

BUT, here is two schools that have won 36 state championships in the 70's, 80's, 90's and the last 20 years.  On those teams you have players that have a winning mindset and heart. These teams are typically two of the top programs in the state and 20 minutes from UT, and you don't have staff with a microscope dissecting their success, looking at their talent?  Clemson and other power 5 programs have been to Alcoa games and practices......but not UT. Hence why Grey Carroll is going to Ga. Tech. ...and Cox to Cincinnati.