Region 7-4A 2021 Outlook

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

25 minutes ago, JohnnyMoxon said:

Hypothetically...Crockett gets 2 kids from North Side (North Side’s best players, both with Div 1 offers BEFORE transferring, and a kid from Mississippi). You think, wow! Stroke of luck. Awesome, good for them! 6 weeks after the transfer they’re on social media...Made in Alamo (although they’ve never played a game at Crockett Co). 
12 months later, 2 more kids transfer from North Side.
Rural West TN football doesn’t usually see this. You see this in urban areas all the time (hence the Alcoa reference which ruffled feathers). 

No chance I think Ward would recruit kids (nor do I think new Milan coach is). I’d just not be as excited about Crockett County (with some North Side) vs Haywood County.

I digress. To each his own. Honestly, I regret posting. I’ll climb back in my hole now...

If two kids transfer from North Side to Crockett, I’ll applaud them. If two kids transferred from Liberty to Milan, I’ll definitely applaud them. Also, Liberty is such dumpster fire (now) to the point where those two players, probably won’t even play at Milan (just a guess). I’m basing that off the talent gap between the two schools.

I do think it is funny seeing stuff about " made in Milan " when it should say " kinda, made in Milan "

Players transferring from one school to another has been going on since the beginning of high school football. Players home life changes, parents get new jobs, get locked up, get transferred from their current location to a new location, blah blah blah. It has always happened, and it will always happen. Arguably the best player to play for my school was a transfer. His parents packed up their belongings and moved here. They moved here for the same reason everyone else does. 

I also, find it funny that if the 2 kids that transferred were all state drummers in the band not a single sole would even know, or care, BUT because they are really good football players a lot of smoke gets puffed around. 

I have gone on record about my feelings towards the TSSAA and I do not really have the energy to get into that right now, but we had a all region linebacker that moved to our school several years ago from a private school. He had to miss several games because he could not get cleared from the TSSAA. It was a cut and dry case. Parent lost their job, could not afford tuition anymore, they already lived in district, but it took months to get it processed! OUTFREAKNGRAGEOUS!! I was not upset because we really needed him on our team I was upset because that fine young man missed several games of high school football days with his new found brothers. 

Milan did no wrong, they had their " day in court " and we need to move past it. It is that simply. I hope the next time 2 high caliber football players decide to move they stop about 7 miles south of Milan, personally. 

Just my thoughts. O yea, and regards to BPM he is big sissy and got bullied by the ROY!!!! HAHAHA!!!!  

7 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

I do think it is funny seeing stuff about " made in Milan " when it should say " kinda, made in Milan "

Players transferring from one school to another has been going on since the beginning of high school football. Players home life changes, parents get new jobs, get locked up, get transferred from their current location to a new location, blah blah blah. It has always happened, and it will always happen. Arguably the best player to play for my school was a transfer. His parents packed up their belongings and moved here. They moved here for the same reason everyone else does. 

I also, find it funny that if the 2 kids that transferred were all state drummers in the band not a single sole would even know, or care, BUT because they are really good football players a lot of smoke gets puffed around. 

I have gone on record about my feelings towards the TSSAA and I do not really have the energy to get into that right now, but we had a all region linebacker that moved to our school several years ago from a private school. He had to miss several games because he could not get cleared from the TSSAA. It was a cut and dry case. Parent lost their job, could not afford tuition anymore, they already lived in district, but it took months to get it processed! OUTFREAKNGRAGEOUS!! I was not upset because we really needed him on our team I was upset because that fine young man missed several games of high school football days with his new found brothers. 

Milan did no wrong, they had their " day in court " and we need to move past it. It is that simply. I hope the next time 2 high caliber football players decide to move they stop about 7 miles south of Milan, personally. 

Just my thoughts. O yea, and regards to BPM he is big sissy and got bullied by the ROY!!!! HAHAHA!!!!  

This was a good post. Agree with a lot of your thoughts. 

9 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

If two kids transfer from North Side to Crockett, I’ll applaud them. If two kids transferred from Liberty to Milan, I’ll definitely applaud them. Also, Liberty is such dumpster fire (now) to the point where those two players, probably won’t even play at Milan (just a guess). I’m basing that off the talent gap between the two schools.

I can’t blame any kid/family that transfers out of JMCSS. I taught there for a decade and definitely made the right decision leaving. 

6 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

And as for this statement.... South Gibson got a new catch phrase this past year. It was “Mercy Ruled in Milan”. :) 

Well, if yall would stop illegally recruiting player from Jackson things might be a little different. Y'all must have hired Jeremy Pruitt when I wasn't looking.  ( inject humor... Please don't flame me ) 

O, yea. We showed up to fight. Might have lost, but we showed up to leave it on the field....

4 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

Well, if yall would stop illegally recruiting player from Jackson things might be a little different. Y'all must have hired Jeremy Pruitt when I wasn't looking.  ( inject humor... Please don't flame me ) 

O, yea. We showed up to fight. Might have lost, but we showed up to leave it on the field....

Yes sir yall did. Always a fight with the Hornets.  

4 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

So it is on the agenda at this coming Mondays Milan board meeting to get a video display board (aka Jumbotron) for the stadium. Don’t know what where the money will come from but that would be awesome. 

Dig deep BPM. I’m sure you can spring for a jumbo tron. Get in that cookie jar! LOL 

• Upvote 1