Region 7-4A 2021 Outlook

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

2 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

You have a tendency to be overly critical of your team preseason. Not that that is a bad thing. But you guys have been awfully tough the last few year. I know you lost some ballers. But you bring back a lot of starters that are going to be very seasoned. You guys will be tough. And Roy won’t be on much til the beginning of the month when he gets more mins on his Obama phone. 

HAHAHA!    This is funny!!!   

EBT phone is out of minutes! 

8 minutes ago, Tigersandcats said:

The west will be a gauntlet come playoff time. With Marshall County on the west side as well. They been really good the few years. I honestly think they would have been the favorites to represent the west the last two years. Just my opinion, may be wrong. I watched there games with Springfield and they were tough. 

Do not know anything about Marshall county. Hook us all up with some info. There are some pretty good people on this forum. Occasionally, we get some stupid, but for the most part we all just enjoy high school football. 

Just now, ManOfMillions said:

Do not know anything about Marshall county. Hook us all up with some info. There are some pretty good people on this forum. Occasionally, we get some stupid, but for the most part we all just enjoy high school football. 

Don’t know a lot about them. Hardin county and McNairy fan here. But watched there games from last two years with Springfield because Hardin County has had to play Springfield in playoffs quite often. But they looked really dominant in those games against good Springfield teams. So don’t know what they lost from this past season or nothing. 

1 hour ago, Tigersandcats said:

Don’t know a lot about them. Hardin county and McNairy fan here. But watched there games from last two years with Springfield because Hardin County has had to play Springfield in playoffs quite often. But they looked really dominant in those games against good Springfield teams. So don’t know what they lost from this past season or nothing. 

Gotcha, thanks for posting. 

1 hour ago, Tigersandcats said:

Also, with the new region schedules it is going to be hard for anyone to get a real gauge on what is who, or who is what. Just my thoughts. 

10 hours ago, stacmot said:

Just asking for a friend...does the updated version include training wheels as a safety feature?

I know (or at least I think I know) that SGC and Haywood will play on October 15, 2021.  Do you know if the game will be in Medina or Brownsville?

As for the topic of the thread:

Milan is definitely the hands-down favorite to win the region.  It's hard for me to say what may happen between Haywood, South Gibson, North Side, and Crockett Co., but I do believe Obion will finish 6th.  

It does include training wheels, but the one that I got the wheels were rusted and need oil badly!

I am not sure about the who will be home on our game...I will look into and let you know. 

I know this, SGC and Haywood have surely played some barn burners over the past couple of years! the game @ SGC in 2019 is the greatest high school football game I have ever watched, called, or been a part of. 

Yes, Milan is clearly the favorite to win the region..... with that being said, I will also add that you have several wild cards that you can not count out. I know that Crockett has been down lately, but they can beat anyone! They have a great coaching staff and often times they have great athletes that show up to play ball. SGC lost 7 seniors from last years class. I know that number sounds small, but the boys we lost, all of them were all region except for 1. 2 of them were all state in several multiple publications, and selections.  Offensive player of the year, and defensive linemen player of the year if my memory serves correct.... 

When I first heard that SGC was going to 4a I was happy! I thought that we were going to get out of the green mile of high school football!!!! I WAS WRONG!!!! IT GOT WORSE!!!

Milan is doing the smart thing and jumping up to 4A to get away from Alcoa. Can't say that I blame them. If I were the AD/coach there I would do the exact same thing. 

2 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

It does include training wheels, but the one that I got the wheels were rusted and need oil badly!

I am not sure about the who will be home on our game...I will look into and let you know. 

I know this, SGC and Haywood have surely played some barn burners over the past couple of years! the game @ SGC in 2019 is the greatest high school football game I have ever watched, called, or been a part of. 

Yes, Milan is clearly the favorite to win the region..... with that being said, I will also add that you have several wild cards that you can not count out. I know that Crockett has been down lately, but they can beat anyone! They have a great coaching staff and often times they have great athletes that show up to play ball. SGC lost 7 seniors from last years class. I know that number sounds small, but the boys we lost, all of them were all region except for 1. 2 of them were all state in several multiple publications, and selections.  Offensive player of the year, and defensive linemen player of the year if my memory serves correct.... 

When I first heard that SGC was going to 4a I was happy! I thought that we were going to get out of the green mile of high school football!!!! I WAS WRONG!!!! IT GOT WORSE!!!

Milan is doing the smart thing and jumping up to 4A to get away from Alcoa. Can't say that I blame them. If I were the AD/coach there I would do the exact same thing. 

Rusted wheels?  Sounds like you got a bad deal.  Are you sure your dog didn't hoist his leg on those wheels?

I'm sure SGC will come back just as strong as ever.

I agree!  The 2019 game between South Gibson and Haywood was one of the best I've ever watched.  The 2020 game was one of the worst.  Not to take anything away from SGC, but Haywood did not come to play that night.  However, the game seemed to be a wake up call for Haywood.  The Tomcats came back strong and made their way to Cookeville.

Haywood knows about Crockett.  The two schools are about 16 miles apart.  The kids know each other, and more than a few Haywood County residents send their kids to Crockett County Schools.  The Cavs and the Cats have developed a friendly, but somewhat heated, rivalry over the past 20 years.

Don't count out North Side. I look for the Indians to pull a few surprises this year. 

Thanks for looking into the location of the game.  For some reason, Haywood seems to feel their schedule (even though it might be incomplete) should remain top secret.  However, I've figured out most of their schedule from what other schools have posted. 

A team might avoid Alcoa by going 4A, but how will they avoid Greeneville or Betsy?  The Devils and the Cyclones are juggernauts too.  I'm not saying Milan jumped from 3A to 4A for that reason, but you know more about it than I do.  Actually, i think it was a good move for the Bulldogs.  I know South Gibson didn't have a choice, but I believe it will turn out to be a good move for the Hornets too.

Edited by stacmot

7 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I do think that 3A until this year had a few more tough teams on the west side of the bracket than 4A. But maybe just a couple. Now 4A is absolutely loaded in the west and will be a street fight in the playoffs. But as far as our region goes I don’t know that there is a clear favorite. Milan brings back 5-6 starters on each side of the ball and most of their studs so yes we will be in good shape. But we know you guys reload. And south Gibson only losses like 5-6 seniors. They bring back ALOT of starters. Don’t let ManofMillions fool ya. Will be an interesting year. 

I wasn't saying that 4A wasn't going to be tough.  In fact, I agree that the western side of 4A will be a lot tougher this year.  Region 5 with Pearl Cohn, Tullahoma, Marshall Co., and Creek Wood is loaded!  Lexington (6-4A) will be tough.  I'm not sure what Hardin County (6-4A) has coming back, but they should be strong too.  McNairy (6-4A) could be a sleeper.

The fight between Milan, South Gibson, Haywood, North Side, and Crockett in 7-4A will be tough.  Ridgeway (8-4A) will definitely  be a force to be reckoned with.  The Roadrunners could easily stand in the way of any Region 7 team hoping to make it to the semifinals.  I don't know about Melrose, Kirby, Woodale, Craigmont, and Fayette Ware.

I'm sure there are some other teams I've overlooked as well.

I still believe Milan will be the favorite in 7-4A, and I'm pretty sure when the preseason previews and polls (for what they're worth) are released this summer  you'll see Milan predicted to finish first in the region.  It's all played on the field, and it's all in good fun, so we'll just have to agree to disagree on that one.  I look for a good game between the Cats and the Dogs on September 17.  I'll be cheering for the team in purple and white, and I'm sure you will be too!

Milan and Haywood last met on October 26, 2012, with Milan winning 35-28.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, stacmot said:

I wasn't saying that 4A wasn't going to be tough.  In fact, I agree that the western side of 4A will be a lot tougher this year.  Region 5 with Pearl Cohn, Tullahoma, Marshall Co., and Creek Wood is loaded!  Lexington (6-4A) will be tough.  I'm not sure what Hardin County (6-4A) has coming back, but they should be strong too.  McNairy (6-4A) could be a sleeper.

The fight between Milan, South Gibson, Haywood, North Side, and Crockett in 7-4A will be tough.  Ridgeway (8-4A) will definitely  be a force to be reckoned with.  The Roadrunners could easily stand in the way of any Region 7 team hoping to make it to the semifinals.  I don't know about Melrose, Kirby, Woodale, Craigmont, and Fayette Ware.

I'm sure there are some other teams I've overlooked as well.

I still believe Milan will be the favorite in 7-4A, and I'm pretty sure when the preseason previews and polls (for what they're worth) are released this summer  you'll see Milan predicted to finish first in the region.  It's all played on the field, and it's all in good fun, so we'll just have to agree to disagree on that one.  I look for a good game between the Cats and the Dogs on September 17.  I'll be cheering for the team in purple and white, and I'm sure you will be too!

Milan and Haywood last met on October 26, 2012, with Milan winning 35-28.

Good post. Agree with everything you said. 

So more details came out about Milan getting a video display board at their stadium at last nights board meeting. Apparently the superintendent had an anonymous donor approach him about funding it. The superintendent has to take such a request to the board for approval. At the meeting board asked that the school begin the process on getting details and estimates on the project so hopefully this will work out and will be in place prior to next season. Thank you to who ever is donor willing to fund this project.