Region 7-4A 2021 Outlook

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

4 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

So more details came out about Milan getting a video display board at their stadium at last nights board meeting. Apparently the superintendent had an anonymous donor approach him about funding it. The superintendent has to take such a request to the board for approval. At the meeting board asked that the school begin the process on getting details and estimates on the project so hopefully this will work out and will be in place prior to next season. Thank you to who ever is donor willing to fund this project. 

Anonymous! HA ! 

Sniffy, sniffy, sweater vester's in M town are breaking out all of the stops. 

9 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

So more details came out about Milan getting a video display board at their stadium at last nights board meeting. Apparently the superintendent had an anonymous donor approach him about funding it. The superintendent has to take such a request to the board for approval. At the meeting board asked that the school begin the process on getting details and estimates on the project so hopefully this will work out and will be in place prior to next season. Thank you to who ever is donor willing to fund this project. 

It sounds like it's going to happen.  It will be a nice addition to Johnnie Hale.  There's no doubt Milan has the best stadium in rural West Tennessee. 

I could be wrong since I haven't witnessed a game in the new and improved Johnnie Hale, but I think Hardin Co. has the best atmosphere.  Win or lose, I've always enjoyed my trips to Savannah.  The atmosphere at Henry Co. is pretty good too.

Edited by stacmot

7 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

The 2021 4A Championship winner will be the winner of the Greeneville / Elizabethton playoff game. 

Let's look at the last four years:

2017 - Greeneville 54  Springfield 13 (Greeneville finishes the season with a 15-0 record.)
2018 - Greeneville 56 Haywood 21 (Greeneville finishes the season with a 15-0 record.)
2019 - Elizabethton 30 Springfield 6 (Elizabethton finishes the season with a 15-0 record.)
2020 - Elizabethton 41  Haywood 14  (Elizabethton finishes the season with a 15-0 record.)

I could be wrong, but I bet you had to think long and hard about that prediction!

I don't think anyone was slighting Greeneville or Elizabethton.  We were just chatting about 7-4A and 4A ball in the west.  However, the west will have to meet the east, so your input is appreciated.  Sadly, having been to the slaughter in 2018 and 2020, I will have to say that I agree with you.  

You may, or may not, have noticed that I made the following statement in a previous post in this thread,  "A team might avoid Alcoa by going 4A, but how will they avoid Greeneville or Betsy?  The Devils and the Cyclones are juggernauts too."  I didn't express, nor do i think anyone else expressed, any doubts about the "beasts from the east."

Who do you think will play in the semifinal in the west?  Who do you think will represent the west in Cookeville?  

Edited by stacmot

8 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

The 2021 4A Championship winner will be the winner of the Greeneville / Elizabethton playoff game. 

I was told that Greeneville was fairly young this past year and they have a strong core returning for the 2021 campaign.  I do believe that Milan and Pearl-Cohn (along with others) will drastically change the Western half of the 4A landscape.  

10 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

I was told that Greeneville was fairly young this past year and they have a strong core returning for the 2021 campaign.  I do believe that Milan and Pearl-Cohn (along with others) will drastically change the Western half of the 4A landscape.  

My prediction is Milan vs Pearl Cohn in the west semifinal.  (no juju intended BPM)

Since the Memphis schools did not play last year, it's hard to say who might come out of Memphis.  It could end up with one of the Memphis schools against Pearl Cohn. 

8 minutes ago, stacmot said:

My prediction is Milan vs Pearl Cohn in the west semifinal.  (no juju intended BPM)

Since the Memphis schools did not play last year, it's hard to say who might come out of Memphis.  It could end up with one of the Memphis schools against Pearl Cohn. 

I see you trying to put the juju on us. Lol. 

38 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I see you trying to put the juju on us. Lol. 

Okay I admit it, juju is all I've got.  It's going to be hard to beat the University of Milan...I mean Milan High School.

There is no doubt that Milan is rising to a level above the rest of the west.

Edited by stacmot

27 minutes ago, stacmot said:

Okay I admit it, juju is all I've got.  It's going to be hard to beat the University of Milan...I mean Milan High School.

Lol here ya man. On a serious note what do y’all bring back next year?  I know about Jaylen Lewis put who else do we need to look for?  How many starters return on each side of the ball??

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Lol here ya man. On a serious note what do y’all bring back next year?  I know about Jaylen Lewis put who else do we need to look for?  How many starters return on each side of the ball??

Now that I'm retired, I no longer have a lot of inside information about the program.   Readyrebel6 and Tomcatfan2011 would be better sources for that information. I don't know the exact number of returning starters, but here's a list of what I can tell you.  I hope the links work.

Jaylen Lewis CB   TNFCA All State
https://www.hudl.com/video/3/13493042/5f5d80c94deb4306a8f31a59

Camron Douglas DE/DT TNFCA All State
https://www.hudl.com/video/3/12967850/5fd77ce48cd5650fa8f713db

Jaden Perry OLB/WR
https://www.hudl.com/video/3/12768760/5fce4f6b9a9c4d09e05541ee

Anthony Brewer MLB/DE TNFCA All State

JaKylonTaylor RB -
https://www.hudl.com/profile/12810890/JaKylon-Taylor

Reid Russell K (Excellent kicker if they can get him the ball!) Snaps for extra poinits and punts were a problem for Haywood last year.

I don't remember the upcoming quarterback's name, but I hear he has a lot of potential as well.

Edited by stacmot
  • Upvote 1