Region 7-4A 2021 Outlook

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

2 minutes ago, stacmot said:

When push comes to shove, Milan always rises to the challenge. 

One thing is for sure.  This region won't be all about Milan and Haywood.  South Gibson, Crockett Co, North Side will field some good teams as well. I know we hear from Man of Millions every now and then, but I'd like to hear what some of the other fans have to say about their teams.   It should be a dogfight. 

I really don't know about Obion.  Even though they have only won 1 region game in the last five years, the Rebs could surprise us.  I remember a post earlier in this thread where someone predicted Obion to win the region and play in the 4A semifinals.  I don't believe that will happen, but I guess anything can happen on any given night as the season progresses!

2021 Region 7-4A Schedule (I'm sure I've made mistakes)

Sept. 3

Haywood at Crockett Co.
South Gibson at Milan
Obion Central at Jackson North Side

Sept. 17

Milan at Haywood
Crockett Co. at Obion Central
Jackson North Side at South Gibson

Oct.1

Jackson North Side at Haywood
Crockett Co. at Milan
Obion Central at South Gibson

Oct. 15

Haywood, South Gibson (not sure about the location)
Jackson North Side at Crockett Co.
Obion Central at Milan

Oct. 29

Haywood at Obion Central
Milan at Jackson North Side
South Gibson at Crockett County    

The guy that predicted Obion to be in the semis is chrisburrr. He is a troll that goes all over the message boards making outrageous predictions and posts just to rile people up. You can’t take that clown seriously. 

I looked at his profile at the time I read that post.  I could tell he didn't seem to be very lucid.

Here's some more useless info:  The won-loss record of Region 7-4A teams over the past 5 years.

Crockett    32-26
Haywood    52-16
Milan        41-22
North Side    28-25
Obion        12-39
South Gibson    40-18

On 1/24/2021 at 8:29 PM, Tigersandcats said:

Don’t know a lot about them. Hardin county and McNairy fan here. But watched there games from last two years with Springfield because Hardin County has had to play Springfield in playoffs quite often. But they looked really dominant in those games against good Springfield teams. So don’t know what they lost from this past season or nothing. 

Tigersandcats...What can we expect from Hardin County and McNairy this year?

2 minutes ago, stacmot said:

They are 4A. 

On 1/27/2021 at 11:48 AM, stacmot said:

I looked at his profile at the time I read that post.  I could tell he didn't seem to be very lucid.

Here's some more useless info:  The won-loss record of Region 7-4A teams over the past 5 years.

Crockett    32-26
Haywood    52-16
Milan        41-22
North Side    28-25
Obion        12-39
South Gibson    40-18

Gotcha. Just took a min to look back at the info you posted yesterday on the wins and losses. You just cemented Haywood as the clear favorite for next year.  Lol. 

3 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Gotcha. Just took a min to look back at the info you posted yesterday on the wins and losses. You just cemented Haywood as the clear favorite for next year.  Lol. 

I don't think so.  It may mean that the other teams played a tougher schedule than Haywood over the last five years.  I did say it was useless info.  It has no bearing on 2021.  Milan is still the favorite.

Edited by stacmot

2 hours ago, stacmot said:

Tigersandcats...What can we expect from Hardin County and McNairy this year?

Enrollment did move McNairy up to 4A. Hardin County lost I think 21 seniors I think . Losing Hunt at QB and Whitley at RB are gonna be big shoes to fill for sure. Still got receivers in Pope and Garner and they are DB’s as well. Lost some line play as well. Had several younger guys that played a lot last year though. So think it’s gonna be kinda wait and see how they look game one. Though I think they should be competitive. Hardin County really has become a consistently good football program. 

Mcnairy had a tough year last year. I thought of  as kind of a rebuild. Think they’ll be better next year for sure. They played a brutal schedule which always makes a team better. 

14 minutes ago, Tigersandcats said:

Enrollment did move McNairy up to 4A. Hardin County lost I think 21 seniors I think . Losing Hunt at QB and Whitley at RB are gonna be big shoes to fill for sure. Still got receivers in Pope and Garner and they are DB’s as well. Lost some line play as well. Had several younger guys that played a lot last year though. So think it’s gonna be kinda wait and see how they look game one. Though I think they should be competitive. Hardin County really has become a consistently good football program. 

Mcnairy had a tough year last year. I thought of  as kind of a rebuild. Think they’ll be better next year for sure. They played a brutal schedule which always makes a team better. 

Thanks for the input.  I was really hoping that Haywood and Hardin Co would meet up in the playoffs this past year.  But you know what they say...be careful what you wish for!  I believe if we had met,  the Tigers' passing game would have given Hardin Co. the advantage.  I watched the Milan-Hardin Co. video broadcast during the season, and there is no doubt that the Tigers were truly an impressive and exciting team. 

I guess you would agree that Lexington, Hardin Co, and McNairy should dominate Region 6-4A.  I don't see a lot changing with Liberty, South Side, and Chester Co.

If teams are allowed to have preseason scrimmages this year, the Tigers and the Tomcats might get together.  We've done that quite a few times in the past.  It would definitely give us a good idea of what to expect in 2021.  

6 hours ago, stacmot said:

Thanks for the input.  I was really hoping that Haywood and Hardin Co would meet up in the playoffs this past year.  But you know what they say...be careful what you wish for!  I believe if we had met,  the Tigers' passing game would have given Hardin Co. the advantage.  I watched the Milan-Hardin Co. video broadcast during the season, and there is no doubt that the Tigers were truly an impressive and exciting team. 

I guess you would agree that Lexington, Hardin Co, and McNairy should dominate Region 6-4A.  I don't see a lot changing with Liberty, South Side, and Chester Co.

If teams are allowed to have preseason scrimmages this year, the Tigers and the Tomcats might get together.  We've done that quite a few times in the past.  It would definitely give us a good idea of what to expect in 2021.  

I was hoping for that game as well. But I recon Lexington just had our number last year. That would be a good scrimmage. As for McNairy there road to a playoff game got easier in 4A than in the old 7-3A .  But being a grad. Of Hardin County and my kids graduated McNairy Central I hate to see these two teams in the same region.