2021 Winter 2A Poll

TheAmbassador

4 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Although I agree with you about it making life harder for the kid I disagree with why it was harder. Snitching isn’t the problem. Anyone with an axe to grind with Marion on this should look at the root of the problem. People within the SP program did something illegal and boneheaded. If they had not done this no one could “snitch”. That’s the real problem. 

It was actually the QB club which SPHS didn't have oversight of at the time which is why they got sanctioned for 2 years on spring and fall scrimmages and the QB club disbanded for at least a year.  It wasn't illegal.  TSSAA doesn't handle issues of criminality.   The QB club was operating as an independent non-profit.  They will have to have ex officio members on their board if they are allowed to reform.  The IRS and TSSAA are to different organizations and the QB club will have to make them both happy.

8 minutes ago, rlh said:

It was actually the QB club which SPHS didn't have oversight of at the time which is why they got sanctioned for 2 years on spring and fall scrimmages and the QB club disbanded for at least a year.  It wasn't illegal.  TSSAA doesn't handle issues of criminality.   The QB club was operating as an independent non-profit.  They will have to have ex officio members on their board if they are allowed to reform.  The IRS and TSSAA are to different organizations and the QB club will have to make them both happy.

You are splitting hairs. I think that many people would consider the QB club a valuable part of the SP football program. And of course we are not talking criminal when I say illegal but I think that is fairly obvious to everyone. The important thing is the young man is getting to play and I am very happy for him. Hopefully in the future adult stakeholders within the SP system make better choices that don’t put kids at risk. (This is where Roy tries to come in and say I bashed the kid.  Lol.)

1 minute ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

You are splitting hairs. I think that many people would consider the QB club a valuable part of the SP football program. And of course we are not talking criminal when I say illegal but I think that is fairly obvious to everyone. The important thing is the young man is getting to play and I am very happy for him. Hopefully in the future adult stakeholders within the SP system make better choices that don’t put kids at risk. (This is where Roy tries to come in and say I bashed the kid.  Lol.)

On a different subject, do you think Jackson Central-Merry will still be 2a when the come off the junior varsity schedule in 2 years or do you think they will have an increased enrollment by that time?

7 minutes ago, rlh said:

On a different subject, do you think Jackson Central-Merry will still be 2a when the come off the junior varsity schedule in 2 years or do you think they will have an increased enrollment by that time?

Just my two cents but I will say still 2A. Jackson-Madison Co. Schools is a dumpster fire. The total number of students in the system has been going down for many years now. Families are enrolling their children in private schools and surrounding systems. I see this trend continuing. Only way the enrollment would go up is if they redrew the zones. 

7 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Just my two cents but I will say still 2A. Jackson-Madison Co. Schools is a dumpster fire. The total number of students in the system has been going down for many years now. Families are enrolling their children in private schools and surrounding systems. I see this trend continuing. Only way the enrollment would go up is if they redrew the zones. 

That's too bad.  Central-Merry had a pretty good football tradition back in the AAA era.

4 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Yes sir they did. At one point it was the best school in Madison co with great academics, sports teams and top notch fine arts. Those days are unfortunately gone. 

For what it's worth BPM, MCBOE (as it currently stands) intends to reincarnate JCM to it's former status. I know that a $erious offer was made to hire a football coach, and that coaching assistants would be numerous, well paid, and selected by the head coach. The community is behind the effort as well.

Problem is the aforementioned  "dumpster fire", the longevity of those making decisions, and the real amount of community support (not just vocal). It'll be interesting to see who bites on the job, if the MCBOE's word is good on the amount of monetary support, and if those making promises are able to remain in charge for any amount of time.

Bet that Liberty's watergirl wouldn't be happy if they knew about these promises of support, after being left on an island without support from the administration at Tech.

1 minute ago, tradertwo said:

For what it's worth BPM, MCBOE (as it currently stands) intends to reincarnate JCM to it's former status. I know that a $erious offer was made to hire a football coach, and that coaching assistants would be numerous, well paid, and selected by the head coach. The community is behind the effort as well.

Problem is the aforementioned  "dumpster fire", the longevity of those making decisions, and the real amount of community support (not just vocal). It'll be interesting to see who bites on the job, if the MCBOE's word is good on the amount of monetary support, and if those making promises are able to remain in charge for any amount of time.

Bet that Liberty's watergirl wouldn't be happy if they knew about these promises of support, after being left on an island without support from the administration at Tech.

Sounds good. I just have no faith in upper level administration in JMCSS to get anything right. I worked there for a decade and saw too much with my own eyes to think otherwise. 

3 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

LRDAO.... Are you joking Big Purple bowel movement (bpm) is going to coach there? Those kids deserve better than that.  They need a real coach that is a good role model.  You think im joking but im not. 

7 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Sounds good. I just have no faith in upper level administration in JMCSS to get anything right. I worked there for a decade and saw too much with my own eyes to think otherwise. 

My point exactly...and to carry it further, IF they genuinely intend to carry through with completely supporting the school and it's athletic programs, why JCM and why now, when they have not supported the other schools?

7 hours ago, Roy Dillard said:

LRDAO.... Are you joking Big Purple bowel movement (bpm) is going to coach there? Those kids deserve better than that.  They need a real coach that is a good role model.  You think im joking but im not. 

BPM was a "coach" there for a long time Roy, and was very successful. I tried real hard to get him to come to my school and help our kids because he's real good at what he does...you may think im joking, but im dead serious...I'd take him any day.

• Upvote 1