2021 South Pittsburg Schedule

PiRaTe._.MiKe

17 hours ago, TonyHorton91281 said:

It’s true the adults ruin it for the kids. Instigators on here and on social media have further divided fans of both communities. Like I stated earlier I have some great friends that are alumni at MC and still live there that are phenomenal people. It would be great if both communities could work together and do some new things here but until people get past this football rivalry it’s not going to happen. I think in the long run people will get over it. 

Also a statement I made earlier digging up the past I shouldn’t have made it. It was intentional dig back at a few posters and looking back at it looks as if I was trying to throw somebody back under the bus. That was def not my intentions at all. That person is a lifelong friend and me even bringing it up was pretty insensitive and I apologize for that. Hopefully both teams move fwd and are highly successful and both can represent Chattanooga come December for first time since 1994. 

Oh and btw that 3rd game is green lit and it’s gonna be a big one

It seems you and a few other SP posters can’t talk about Marion in any good light. If you have good friends in Marion, you must not be a good friend at all to bring up their past. People grow from it, but looking back at your posts, you like to stir the pot and friends don’t do that. However, there are some great people in SP on this board and that I’ve met. If you rent to the student athlete and are the one on the town board you should be ashamed trying to slander coaches from a neighboring school.  I’m not from either place, but I love this rivalry and hate to see it end. I do not think Mr. Grider would have broke contract though and I think you all might regret Grider not being there. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Bridgeston said:

It seems you and a few other SP posters can’t talk about Marion in any good light. If you have good friends in Marion, you must not be a good friend at all to bring up their past. People grow from it, but looking back at your posts, you like to stir the pot and friends don’t do that. However, there are some great people in SP on this board and that I’ve met. If you rent to the student athlete and are the one on the town board you should be ashamed trying to slander coaches from a neighboring school.  I’m not from either place, but I love this rivalry and hate to see it end. I do not think Mr. Grider would have broke contract though and I think you all might regret Grider not being there. 

Wow, so if somebody says something about Marion's past then they are not real friends to people in Jasper? I have said worse about my own town. South Pittsburg is not perfect either. Everyone makes mistakes, man up and wear it, learn from it and move on.  If speaking up for the truth makes me a bad person then I am guilty. Everything I have said here is fact and would be backed in court of law. My stance does not change if I am at work, on a board or at home playing candyland with my 2 year old so you obviously do not know anything about me. Also, I leave the slandering to the cartoon characters and the fake people that hide behind screen names. 

• Upvote 1

You should go back to some of the posts in 2013 as well as look into things Jasper coaching staff was up to at the time that was bad enough that TSSAA had to wait until all the criminal charges were addressed before dealing with issues.  Up until that time, Jasper had a lot of posters on here dog piling SP students and players until the truth came out. Heck, they made ESPN.   One still posts twice a fall, but many disappeared and a number of others did after the Ricki mess.  No slander.  Straight up fact. 

Edited by rlh
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rlh said:

You should go back to some of the posts in 2013 as well as look into things Jasper coaching staff was up to at the time that was bad enough that TSSAA had to wait until all the criminal charges were addressed before dealing with issues.  Up until that time, Jasper had a lot of posters on here dog piling SP students and players until the truth came out. Heck, they made ESPN.   One still posts twice a fall, but many disappeared and a number of others did after the Ricki mess.  No slander.  Straight up fact. 

I remember all of that, but I wasn’t on here then. There’s no need to go back and pull it up bc a few SP people always bring it up to keep it fresh in people’s minds.  Like I said previously I’m not from either school. I enjoyed following Don and then Vic. I don’t believe these boards should ever be about dogging kids or a coach either. The Tony guy on here is always mentioning Jasper coaches. There were only 3 that I can recall being involved and 1 maybe 2 still on staff. Instead of throwing jabs on here I just wish it was like the golden days—go up to the coaches you have the issues with. Wish SP and Marion the best of success this year! 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, chs1984 said:

He will be a “defensive assistant.” Rome is a good program, but it’s 6A and you’re in a region with Carrollton. 

Is Coach Jon Lovingood still at Rome?  He helped coach me 1 year and I really liked him. He was a great teacher and mentor at the time.  I hope it never changed.  I wouldn’t mind seeing him again.  He falls in line with some of my great coaches like Wilson, Dinger from LV, and even Turner from the old Charleston days now Walker Valley.  Good times.  

I remember all of that, but I wasn’t on here then. There’s no need to go back and pull it up bc a few SP people always bring it up to keep it fresh in people’s minds.  Like I said previously I’m not from either school. I enjoyed following Don and then Vic. I don’t believe these boards should ever be about dogging kids or a coach either. The Tony guy on here is always mentioning Jasper coaches. There were only 3 that I can recall being involved and 1 maybe 2 still on staff. Instead of throwing jabs on here I just wish it was like the golden days—go up to the coaches you have the issues with. Wish SP and Marion the best of success this year! 

Smh..I’ve never mentioned Jaspers coaches on any thread besides one statement yesterday. Then I even apologized Karen. I’ve questioned SP coaches 10x more than I ever have Marions. Lol you can’t fix stupid though and I won’t try. I’m out!

Edited by TonyHorton91281

4 hours ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Is Coach Jon Lovingood still at Rome?  He helped coach me 1 year and I really liked him. He was a great teacher and mentor at the time.  I hope it never changed.  I wouldn’t mind seeing him again.  He falls in line with some of my great coaches like Wilson, Dinger from LV, and even Turner from the old Charleston days now Walker Valley.  Good times.  

Yes, sir, unless he has made a change this off-season, Jon is linebackers coach at Rome. 

• Thanks 1