2021 South Pittsburg Schedule

PiRaTe._.MiKe

13 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

He was a great businessman here for a long time. Was a good man...

The man could look parts up using those old books and most of the time he didn't need a book and would know where to get the part you needed. I use to laugh at him wearing those white shirts and have ink all over his shirt from the ink pens. 

6 hours ago, sportman said:

The man could look parts up using those old books and most of the time he didn't need a book and would know where to get the part you needed. I use to laugh at him wearing those white shirts and have ink all over his shirt from the ink pens. 

Me too brother.. those were the good old days for sure. 

18 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

He was a great businessman here for a long time. Was a good man...

He was a pretty darn good fisherman as well.  I remember a couple of times seeing him on the water or when he was pulling into his house with his boat and he would show me some of the biggest hauls of crappie you could hope to see.

As for him being a good man, I think Don Grider proved that during his retirement party.  With everyone gathered around to celebrate the career he had and after he thanked everyone during his speech, his final words before walking out of the building were to for everyone to remember Skinny Frank and pray for him.  I believe that Frank was having his foot amputated the next day and instead of making the night about himself, Coach had his old friend at the front of his mind.

Edited by The Drunken Sailor

10 hours ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

He was a pretty darn good fisherman as well.  I remember a couple of times seeing him on the water or when he was pulling into his house with his boat and he would show me some of the biggest hauls of crappie you could hope to see.

As for him being a good man, I think Don Grider proved that during his retirement party.  With everyone gathered around to celebrate the career he had and after he thanked everyone during his speech, his final words before walking out of the building were to for everyone to remember Skinny Frank and pray for him.  I believe that Frank was having his foot amputated the next day and instead of making the night about himself, Coach had his old friend at the front of his mind.

I remember that as well. He showed me his fish a couple times as well when I was a kid.