Best Players to Ever Play

westtn12

Dude, this is going to be very hard. I saw Jolly play for White County and she was extra legit. Ramsey from Shelbyville was out of site. Saw a lot more playing Tennessee AAU Basketball that brought a smile to my face...Go Tennessee Stars, Shelbyville Sport Shop and Ridge Runners.

HOWEVER,

I am an Oak Ridge guy and we have had several players worthy of this title so I will stick with the Home Girls of VictORy City.

...hard not to go with Nikki Caldwell. The curren t Head Coach at LSU was a star for both Oak Ridge and the Lady Vols.

....The MgGinnis Sisters. Erin, Jennifer, Lindsey were Miss Basketball winners or very close.

...My personal favorite was Two Time Miss Basketball winner Jennifer Wilson. I nicknamed her Miss Automatic. She went on to bring National Attention to the Lady Mocs of UT- Chattanooga.

...The player I am throwing in as the best in Tennessee History is JENNIFER AZZI. Passed over by the Lady Vols,  Jennifer went on to Star at Stanford. Named the NCAA National Basketball Championship Game MVP she then soared to greater heghts. After playing Pro Basketball overseas she played for the USA Basketball Olympic team and was a founding member of the WNBA. Azzi is a member of several Hall of Fames marking each step of her career.

Honorable Mention...the current star at Oak Ridge is Khamari Mitchell-Steen. She is averaging close to 30 points per game., is a very aggressive defensive player, shoots lay ups and 3 balls with equal skill and is a team leader.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

Dude, this is going to be very hard. I saw Jolly play for White County and she was extra legit. Ramsey from Shelbyville was out of site. Saw a lot more playing Tennessee AAU Basketball that brought a smile to my face...Go Tennessee Stars, Shelbyville Sport Shop and Ridge Runners.

HOWEVER,

I am an Oak Ridge guy and we have had several players worthy of this title so I will stick with the Home Girls of VictORy City.

...hard not to go with Nikki Caldwell. The curren t Head Coach at LSU was a star for both Oak Ridge and the Lady Vols.

....The MgGinnis Sisters. Erin, Jennifer, Lindsey were Miss Basketball winners or very close.

...My personal favorite was Two Time Miss Basketball winner Jennifer Wilson. I nicknamed her Miss Automatic. She went on to bring National Attention to the Lady Mocs of UT- Chattanooga.

...The player I am throwing in as the best in Tennessee History is JENNIFER AZZI. Passed over by the Lady Vols,  Jennifer went on to Star at Stanford. Named the NCAA National Basketball Championship Game MVP she then soared to greater heghts. After playing Pro Basketball overseas she played for the USA Basketball Olympic team and was a founding member of the WNBA. Azzi is a member of several Hall of Fames marking each step of her career.

Honorable Mention...the current star at Oak Ridge is Khamari Mitchell-Steen. She is averaging close to 30 points per game., is a very aggressive defensive player, shoots lay ups and 3 balls with equal skill and is a team leader.

What a trip down memory lane, WIllie.  I agree with all off your player mentions.  I will throw out a more recent standout that is one of the best I have ever seen, Crystal Dangerfield.  So much fun to watch!

• Like 1

Just to add more discussion,  the overall female talent level is so much better now than it was 10yrs ago and especially 20 -30yrs ago.  I have seen just about every female listed above  play in person. I think overall Azzi, Howard is better in college  than she was in high school, my opinion..never seen her play but they say Nera White is the best female basketball player to walk on planet earth.

• Like 1

Just now, repoman said:

Just to add more discussion,  the overall female talent level is so much better now than it was 10yrs ago and especially 20 -30yrs ago.  I have seen just about every female listed above  play in person. I think overall Azzi, Howard is better in college  than she was in high school, my opinion..never seen her play but they say Nera White is the best female basketball player to walk on planet earth.

I want to say it so bad.....but I am not going to.  I won't because I was taught MANners.  But maybe someone else will MAN up and say it so I don't have to....  :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, repoman said:

After Rhyne was snubbed by the McDonalds All American committee she went on a stretch of total dominance.  I saw it culminate in a district championship game where she scored 42 and made it look easy.  She dominated on both ends of the floor.