Who makes the decision?? Postponed Games??

pioneer42

Tournament play is here. Any one know who makes the calls on District Tournaments?? I know Memphis looks like they are out so it does leave some cushion. Personally I don’t think if I am a coach I want my team with big layoffs like we are getting here. You cancel District Tournaments you have some teams playing at most 3 games in a month stretch before state and you don’t want to end teams seasons. Interesting situation brewing if we get another bad snow which it looks like we are. 

Edited by pioneer42

6 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Tournament play is here. Any one know who makes the calls on District Tournaments?? I know Memphis looks like they are out so it does leave some cushion. Personally I don’t think if I am a coach I want my team with big layoffs like we are getting here. You cancel District Tournaments you have some teams playing at most 3 games in a month stretch before state and you don’t want to end teams seasons. Interesting situation brewing if we get another bad snow which it looks like we are. 

My understanding is that districts are kind of autonomous, and make the decisions themselves. I know there has been some talk about just taking the regular season top 4 ranked teams and sending them to region, if things get delayed too long. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

Decisions are left to individual districts as to how to seed their teams for region. District tournaments are not required. Will be interesting to see how different districts handle things. 

I don’t see any games being played in West or Middle TN before Saturday at the earliest. Monday is probably more likely. If district tournaments are played, you’re looking at back to back nights then a really quick turnaround for region tournaments. 

4 minutes ago, maddams said:

Decisions are left to individual districts as to how to seed their teams for region. District tournaments are not required. Will be interesting to see how different districts handle things. 

I don’t see any games being played in West or Middle TN before Saturday at the earliest. Monday is probably more likely. If district tournaments are played, you’re looking at back to back nights then a really quick turnaround for region tournaments. 

If teams don't have a deep bench there could be some upsets

1 hour ago, maddams said:

You also have boys too. Trenton Peabody’s boys comes to mind. A 5 seed and one that could get hot and win the District. I am with you. Looking like Saturday and that is very wishful thinking. Your a  coach you want them playing quite a bit of ball before state or you want them playing about three times in a month?? Of course we never know who is going to make it, but as a coach you have to think for the future.

Edited by pioneer42
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

You also have boys too. Trenton Peabody’s boys comes to mind. A 5 seed and one that could get hot and win the District. I am with you. Looking like Saturday and that is very wishful thinking. Your a  coach you want them playing quite a bit of ball before state or you want them playing about three times in a month?? Of course we never know who is going to make it, but as a coach you have to think for the future.

The 14a boys tournament will be interesting. Lots of competitive teams in that district that really beat up on each other during the regular season.  I saw where 13a will be playing their tournament on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights. I believe that 13a is a toss up now.. I will say that Gleason has the most depth of any team in that district.. but can they get past Greenfield in the semifinal round? 

1 hour ago, rebelman101 said:

The 14a boys tournament will be interesting. Lots of competitive teams in that district that really beat up on each other during the regular season.  I saw where 13a will be playing their tournament on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights. I believe that 13a is a toss up now.. I will say that Gleason has the most depth of any team in that district.. but can they get past Greenfield in the semifinal round? 

Good to hear that. I would imagine 14 A would be similar. Never know. Figured they would play it and they should. Right thing to do. Gleason seems to create lots of havoc when they press but they don’t do it much. Will be interesting. Anderson is the key.

Edited by pioneer42

2 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

I'm hearing district 11a has cancelled the district tourney. Also hearing Fillies are playing Wayne Co at home Thursday night so I assume district 12 has cancelled theirs also.

14 A are playing play in games and consolation but no semis which is a good thing, IMO. Gibson County plays Peabody in the championship Wednesday Night. Boys have a regular season game Sunday and they will play their play in games on Tuesday and consolation on Thursday Night. Girls play in is on Monday and consolation on Wednesday.