Blue Cross Bowl Bids

chs1984

14 hours ago, MSURacer said:

Chattanooga is a terrible idea. Logistically it’s a travel nightmare for West TN teams. And god forbid there be any inclement weather on championship weekend, which has already happened to us (twice!) 

Cookeville has been a decent compromise for a long time now but it really needs to be somewhere in Middle TN. Nissan Stadium would be the best option, but idk if they’re even in the discussion. 

Man a whole 40 extra minutes from Paris to Chattanooga. For a better overall experience that is a no brainer.

6 hours ago, District12AA said:

Man a whole 40 extra minutes from Paris to Chattanooga. For a better overall experience that is a no brainer.

It should’ve never left middle TN in the first place. I didn’t even mention Paris, the Gallatin fan did. I said it would be a travel nightmare for west TN teams, and for the vast majority of them, it would. Especially the Memphis schools and others near the MS river. 

Again, Chattanooga is a terrible idea. 

2 hours ago, MSURacer said:

It should’ve never left middle TN in the first place. I didn’t even mention Paris, the Gallatin fan did. I said it would be a travel nightmare for west TN teams, and for the vast majority of them, it would. Especially the Memphis schools and others near the MS river. 

Again, Chattanooga is a terrible idea. 

I have actually driven from Memphis to Chattanooga and it was fine. You just take the southern route that dips into northern Alabama. I don't remember much else about the drive. Sorry, I can't be of more help.

I still say give it to Chattanooga for a two year trial run. It is like trump use to say when he was pretending to like Black Americans, "What do you have to loose?"

If need be play the games in Oak Ridge heeheeheehee. See how I snuck OR in at the last minute. I'm tricky.

Edited by WilleTheWildcat

Some of these high school "stadiums" aren't very big and would have a hard time handling  a really big crowd. I know they used to do it,  but things have changed. Someone threw out 8000 fans at a championship game, how many 1 or 2 A schools could handle that many fans? 

As long as Cookeville wants it let them have it!

And Yes Willie Oak Ridge is big enough but we would have trouble with the locker room issue. 

9 minutes ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

I have actually driven from Memphis to Chattanooga and it was fine. You just take the southern route that dips into northern Alabama. I don't remember much else about the drive. Sorry, I can't be of more help.

I still say give it to Chattanooga for a two year trial run. It is like trump use to say when he was pretending to like Black Americans, "What do you have to loose?"

If need be play the games in Oak Ridge heeheeheehee. See how I snuck OR in at the last minute. I'm tricky.

I've never driven from Memphis to Chatt, but I have made the trip from Jackson a few times. I will say, the completion of 840 has helped A LOT (you can make it in under 4 hours on a light traffic day). But if it must be moved, it needs to be back to a more centralized location IMO  

• Like 1