Never too early, Coaching Vacancies

TennesseeValley

15 hours ago, dmm88 said:

Wow what a weird, phenomenal, out of WAYYYYY left field hire by JCM to get one of the premier coaches in this region. I think there is something going on behind the scenes at USJ that we know nothing about, OR this is him wanting to take on a new challenge.

I had that thought too. Some see talent at USJ, but I don't know how talented they are really. The tall post girl at the middle school seems to be pretty good. I didn't see any eye catching guards. They loss some valuable seniors the last couple years, can that be matched?

24 minutes ago, BallIsLife1 said:

I had that thought too. Some see talent at USJ, but I don't know how talented they are really. The tall post girl at the middle school seems to be pretty good. I didn't see any eye catching guards. They loss some valuable seniors the last couple years, can that be matched?

They have more depth then I think it seemed. They just need to get those girls more minutes and have them find their new roles. They have some underclassmen that can play. It is a school/program that should always be good. Shutes definitely got the most out of them, but another really good coach could be just as successful there especially with the solid foundation that is already established.

30 minutes ago, BallIsLife1 said:

Man! JCM made some huge moves in their hires. You don't get much better than those two. From what I heard they are getting at least $80k and its all basketball, no classroom. That is college style. Hopefully they bring winning back to a school that should have never been shut down. 

If that is true there are going to be some ANGRY :angry: coaches in the rest of the district. South Side especially

1 hour ago, BallIsLife1 said:

@SportsWestTN

Who do you see getting these last few vacancies? Or who have you heard?

You have a valid point as always

Really haven't heard many names attached to the South Gibson job. People here have mentioned Kayla Irvin, Jana Kahler, and Rob Parson but I dont know if any of those people actually applied. The longer that job stays open the more it seems like it won't be any of those tho. If Irvin does not take the job she probably will stay at Crockett. Rumor is that she turned down Greenfield job last year too. If she does not want SG job she probably does not want to move anywhere. Kahler by all accounts has done really well with the SG middle school. Seems like the type that will end up in high school soon. Not sure why SG wouldnt hire her but she could be an option for Milan or USJ if they go another direction. Parson evidently is well thought of with good recommendation from McCord. Would assume he has applied at other places besides SG. 

Milan is less desirable job but could be a good stepping stone for a young coach looking for their first head coach job. Have not heard any names rumored, but I'd think Parson or Kahler might have applied there too if they are looking to move to head coach.

USJ is going to be an interesting one. They have gone off the grid for the last few boys hires- new boys coach was UTM assistant. They might try to pull a college assistant for this one too. You might see some big names show some interest too from established high school jobs. They had Natalie Martin assist this past year and she was interim coach a few times when Shutes was out sick. She might be too young to get a fair shake though. Not sure if their middle school coach would be in the mix or not but she has done well from what I have heard. Like I said the other day this will be the top job in the area available. It would not shock me if they pulled someone that you did not think was going to move. USJ has the money to make someone move.

1 minute ago, SportsWestTN said:

Really haven't heard many names attached to the South Gibson job. People here have mentioned Kayla Irvin, Jana Kahler, and Rob Parson but I dont know if any of those people actually applied. The longer that job stays open the more it seems like it won't be any of those tho. If Irvin does not take the job she probably will stay at Crockett. Rumor is that she turned down Greenfield job last year too. If she does not want SG job she probably does not want to move anywhere. Kahler by all accounts has done really well with the SG middle school. Seems like the type that will end up in high school soon. Not sure why SG wouldnt hire her but she could be an option for Milan or USJ if they go another direction. Parson evidently is well thought of with good recommendation from McCord. Would assume he has applied at other places besides SG. 

Milan is less desirable job but could be a good stepping stone for a young coach looking for their first head coach job. Have not heard any names rumored, but I'd think Parson or Kahler might have applied there too if they are looking to move to head coach.

USJ is going to be an interesting one. They have gone off the grid for the last few boys hires- new boys coach was UTM assistant. They might try to pull a college assistant for this one too. You might see some big names show some interest too from established high school jobs. They had Natalie Martin assist this past year and she was interim coach a few times when Shutes was out sick. She might be too young to get a fair shake though. Not sure if their middle school coach would be in the mix or not but she has done well from what I have heard. Like I said the other day this will be the top job in the area available. It would not shock me if they pulled someone that you did not think was going to move. USJ has the money to make someone move.

USJ has been dominant for so long. Handed my daughters team a number of losses when she played. Wonder if they will find someone that can keep that machine going.

8 minutes ago, SportsWestTN said:

@pioneer42 is probably a better person to ask though. He is more familiar with that area and those coaches.

8 minutes ago, SportsWestTN said:

@pioneer42 is probably a better person to ask though. He is more familiar with that area and those coaches.

I really want South Gibson to do well because I know so many of their parents. Kayla is out of the mix I heard. Heard Crockett counter offered some good incentives. She lives in South Gibson District now. That is why I figured she would put in for it. Kayla and Jana Kahler coached together for Mark Campbell at Union and are pretty good friends. But honestly you never know about South Gibson. They have been known to hire somebody they like more than somebody that is more qualified. I have no idea what Milan is going to do. I watched their middle school boys coach last year some and I was very impressed with him. USJ I do know the parents did like Natalie Martin when she was interim. Alford the 9th grade post I heard one rumor she was headed to Greenfield and I heard a while ago she might be staying now. The 8th grade post USJ has I heard was maybe going elsewhere as well. But as with USJ you never know. I will say this Shutes was a good coach and did a lot of good things but I think the parents were ready for some new blood. No telling who they will get though. All of these searches are kept quiet a lot. 

17 minutes ago, WhereYouAt said:

what message does these JCM hires and the packages they are getting send to Coach McNeal and Coach Fuller? 

Not just them, but they have the biggest gripe. How can this be taken as anything other than a slap in the face after the success that they've had, and the amount of respect (from outsiders) that they've earned?

Also the fact that athletics will have free reign to hire the faculty...coaches were told that they'd have the authority to fill out their staff of assistants as teachers were selected for the school.

Edited by tradertwo