Never too early, Coaching Vacancies

TennesseeValley

1 hour ago, BallIsLife1 said:

That's a good question. Where is my friend @SportsWestTN

1 hour ago, GCPioneer said:

South Gibson or USJ for talent... Dyersburg for a pay check....

If I had to rank it'd be 1- USJ 2-Dyersburg 3-South Gibson. But not a big gap between each.

USJ has most resources and is easier place to win

Dyersburg has talent potential long term but need someone to build the program back

SG has some talent now. This hiring process makes me think something is wrong there that we dont realize. They dont seem invested in basketball especially girls. Their hire will say a lot 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, SportsWestTN said:

If I had to rank it'd be 1- USJ 2-Dyersburg 3-South Gibson. But not a big gap between each.

Dyersburg has talent potential long term but need someone to build the program back

SG has some talent now. This hiring process makes me think something is wrong there that we dont realize. They dont seem invested in basketball especially girls. Their hire will say a lot 

Did you expect any thing less from South Gibson?? No telling who they will hire. Ayers will do well at Riverdale. He is a worker. GIbson County and Dyersburg are on a similar work schedule. They are both in gym 24/7. If I had a choice to coach the three you mentioned it would be USJ. 

Edited by pioneer42

2 hours ago, Dash said:

What’s the most attractive job of the 5?

Don't undervalue Bolivar's situation beginning next season. Don't know what's happened to the talent in Hardeman Co. recently, with Middleton also falling off, but Bolivar's had success in past and benefits from reclassification. With all the obvious powers in the new AA to the east of them, Bolivar may have the clearest path to reaching Murfreesboro of the five jobs.

9 hours ago, SportsWestTN said:

I always enjoy your responses. I was wondering what is taking South Gibson so long.

15 hours ago, NWhoopaholic said:

Don't undervalue Bolivar's situation beginning next season. Don't know what's happened to the talent in Hardeman Co. recently, with Middleton also falling off, but Bolivar's had success in past and benefits from reclassification. With all the obvious powers in the new AA to the east of them, Bolivar may have the clearest path to reaching Murfreesboro of the five jobs.

Good point. Their region isn't that tough either and there is talent there.

Edited by SportsWestTN

I'm curious.  With South Gibson taking this long, have they offered the job and been turned down by one or more coaches? Or have they just not found someone they're comfortable with?

I think Dyersburg is a good job based on history and pay scale, but the new coach has to get through some lean years in the immediate future.  They were down this year and graduated their best players.  The best player in the middle school program just moved to Riverdale with mom and dad.  

USJ has a long history of success but I'm not sure they are in a position to compete with Webb, Lakeway Christian, and a couple other private schools that are bringing in high level athletes on financial aid.  

I would rank the Bolivar job ahead of the Ripley job just based on their district/region alignments