Never too early, Coaching Vacancies

TennesseeValley

11 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Is the Summertown coaching position stable??Heard it may be iffy.

I live in Columbia (about 20 minutes from Summertown). There’s been a lot of talk about Summertown recently. Hearing the new administration down there has been unsupportive of the coaches and several are unhappy. There was talk around here about the boys coach (who is a Summertown alum)  being interested in the Mt Pleasant job. 
I agree with @SportsWestTN that the girls coach leaving would seem strange, but if administration there is as bad as the rumors, that might be the explanation

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BallIsLife1 said:

It's hard to believe that some of these programs have had vacancies since March. Maybe they don't value their programs or the work needed during the off-season.

I can’t believe South Gibson hasn’t made a hire yet. Sounds like the coaches with head coaching experience are holding out for a bigger job (USJ, Bolivar, etc). They need to go on to the next person and pull the trigger on a quality candidate.

2 minutes ago, WestTNroundball said:

I can’t believe South Gibson hasn’t made a hire yet. Sounds like the coaches with head coaching experience are holding out for a bigger job (USJ, Bolivar, etc). They need to go on to the next person and pull the trigger on a quality candidate.

I would consider South Gibson to be a bigger landing spot than Bolivar, but USJ definitely the biggest. There is decent talent at South Gibson and USJ. I am not sure how talented Bolivar will be. I haven't seen or heard much on the girls side down that way lately.

35 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

If you want quality coaches, you have to pay what it will take to get them there. South Gibson is figuring this out the hard way...

I think there’s some quality coaches who have interviewed there already. Maybe they are wanting someone with a lot of experience and they’re trying to hold out for that? I know of 2 people who are assistants who have interviewed there, one of whom has been named in this thread, who would be a quality head coach at South Gibson.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, WestTNroundball said:

I think there’s some quality coaches who have interviewed there already. Maybe they are wanting someone with a lot of experience and they’re trying to hold out for that? I know of 2 people who are assistants who have interviewed there, one of whom has been named in this thread, who would be a quality head coach at South Gibson.

Not sure what they are looking for specifically. But like you said there are lots of good coaches that applied and still no hire.

On 5/6/2021 at 7:10 AM, SportsWestTN said:

That would be an odd move for her

I heard she was interviewing yesterday and was very shocked to hear that. Must be something going on at Summertown that she don’t like if she is ready to pack up and head west. She is a really good coach. Love their program.