CLASS A STATE TOURNAMENT BRACKET

Watching N.G. the past two games, I am confused by 2 things.

1.) Why do they wait until late 3rd to early 4th period before pressing?  They have a very effective press.

2.) Why haven't I heard of Anderson?  Has she been this good all year?  If this is her norm, how was she not in the Miss Basketball discussion?  She was the best post player in the A state tourney and it wasnt very close.  Super impressed with her.

Great showing NG!  Hold your head high!

Now...    lets go, Loretto/Summertown!

2 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

1.) Why do they wait until late 3rd to early 4th period before pressing?  They have a very effective press.

2.) Why haven't I heard of Anderson?  Has she been this good all year?  If this is her norm, how was she not in the Miss Basketball discussion?  She was the best post player in the A state tourney and it wasnt very close.  Super impressed with her.

Cloudland did a pretty good job with her during the regular season.  We shut them down at our place and we lost a double digit lead to lose 51-50 at their place.  I think north greene just matched up better in this tournament.  Cloudland has no size and depends on high % of outside shots whereas north greene had the length to cause problems 

8 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

She’s played like this the past two seasons and she has one more left.

I do believe she saved her best two games of the season for Murfreesboro.  I think she’s also figured out how good she can really be.

23 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

Some coaches do not press because it leads to foul trouble and wears down the players. If you do not have depth it can make for long nights. 

8 minutes ago, Khall555 said:

Some coaches do not press because it leads to foul trouble and wears down the players. If you do not have depth it can make for long nights. 

Understand that, but gotta pull all stops when playing the best teams at the state tournament.  Was a great game, though!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

#1 has been running through my mind all day. Not sure why they didn’t. 

#2 she has battled some sickness and lost a ton of weight early in the preseason (not a good thing) and really hasn’t played that well all year. They’ll be back because they’re loaded with juniors and a few sophomores.