2021 Marion County

Bushog02

1 hour ago, PurplePower68 said:

They're just trying to be nice lol. I guess it doesn't really matter what a book says anyway. All these teams have to prove it on the field.

In agreement on proving it. No poll ever really matters. Just nice to get some attention when you can from the media sometimes.

53 minutes ago, CaptainLongbeard said:

Jasper will be very good this season. These polls and things don’t matter. Jasper or Meigs should win state in my opinion. The style they play will be H€LL for any others left in 2A . 

So you think the west in 2a is out of the question ?  No competition ? 

16 hours ago, Tide21 said:

It’s just wishful thinking on anyone’s thought IMO ! Yes the West will be weakened losing The Rebels and Tide but I would say the Tide is 35 points better than Marion so I just don’t think they are a “lock” against anyone in the west,until someone in the East actually beats Meigs 2A runs thru them IMO ! 

2 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

Recognition is nice, especially in small ball , just hits home a little different when you see a nice write up in a small town paper !

I would agree with that. We have had a good run the last 4 and 5 years. Seem to catch a little more attention with every passing season with what success we have had. And thats with being runner up 2 years in a row. 

19 hours ago, Tide21 said:

I would never personally count the West out. Two years in a row a team has emerged to give Peabody a great game from the West. Not sure why this year would be much different as far as producing a great team. Westview seems to be the media's favorite with 5 star Alabama qb commit Simpson.

4 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

It’s just wishful thinking on anyone’s thought IMO ! Yes the West will be weakened losing The Rebels and Tide but I would say the Tide is 35 points better than Marion so I just don’t think they are a “lock” against anyone in the west,until someone in the East actually beats Meigs 2A runs thru them IMO ! 

Peabody has a great team but I wouldn't say 35 points better. In my opinion Meigs and Westview are favorites. Meigs has the experience of being there and Westview has a 5 star qb. You don't see big time players like that in small ball in TN often.

2 hours ago, Yeti said:

I would agree with that. We have had a good run the last 4 and 5 years. Seem to catch a little more attention with every passing season with what success we have had. And thats with being runner up 2 years in a row. 

I would never personally count the West out. Two years in a row a team has emerged to give Peabody a great game from the West. Not sure why this year would be much different as far as producing a great team. Westview seems to be the media's favorite with 5 star Alabama qb commit Simpson.

You never know. Adamsville and Union city could potentially have something. Just a guess they have had some real goods teams in the past. 

yeah if westview can put together an offensive line they could be a threat 

Just now, Tide21 said:

You never know. Adamsville and Union city could potentially have something. Just a guess they have had some real goods teams in the past. 

yeah if westview can put together an offensive line they could be a threat 

Huntingdon might have a chance as well. You can never really count them out. In 1A they were third or fourth round every year. If they change it up a little more they might be in that game.

27 minutes ago, PHSRollTide said:

Huntingdon might have a chance as well. You can never really count them out. In 1A they were third or fourth round every year. If they change it up a little more they might be in that game.

It’s possible but not from what I’ve heard out of Huntingdon