South Pittsburg Pirates’ Coaching Search

OLD PIRATE

4 minutes ago, Roy Dillard said:

LRDAO.... You asked Grider for a job after you got run off from every other school in the county plus Dunlap.  You could probably learn a thing or two from that Jones man.  He has won four super bowls in Canada.  You think im joking but im not. 

The two skillet slingers on the search committee (PH and DS) will be disappointed to hear you talking about the people who have fallen on tough times. You will make it harder for them  to find a good coach. 

On 3/14/2021 at 8:49 AM, PurplePower68 said:

They won't get a post season ban for the same reason we didn't for some of the crap we did when McCurry was our HC. We travel very well in the playoffs and the TSSAA is not going to hurt themselves when it comes to making money off of us or them in the postseason. That's just the bottom line actually. 

Post of the Day! As I stated elsewhere, Georgia is about to go with a post season ban on anyone who plays an ineligible player, no matter the reason. Having been assigned with checking player eligibility on past coaching staffs, I can testify that it is neither rocket science nor brain surgery. If you’ll indulge me, I will give you an example as to why this is an excellent idea. One season, back in the 90’s Cleveland and Anderson Co. were 2 of the 3 best 4A teams in East Tennessee. Because Anderson had to forfeit some games, Cleveland had to play them in round one. Cleveland pulled out a slobber-knocker, but was so beat up that they lost the next week to a Rhea Co. team that they had obliterated in the regular season. Cleveland did nothing wrong, but yet they got punished. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

So now your talking about unemployed people. SMH. I can’t believe you would talk about people like this during the middle of the pandemic. Your a horrible person. With all the people struggling right now I can believe you would say that. 

LRDAO.... That was years ago.   Ole warboss got run off by every school around years ago.  You stooped so low as to talk about families during the pandemic on hard times.  Wendy has some contacts in west Tennessee near Milan and im going to send them this mess how you are on here blasting kids and families being in trouble during the pandemic.  You think im joking but im not. 

Edited by Roy Dillard

11 minutes ago, chs1984 said:

Post of the Day! As I stated elsewhere, Georgia is about to go with a post season ban on anyone who plays an ineligible player, no matter the reason. Having been assigned with checking player eligibility on past coaching staffs, I can testify that it is neither rocket science nor brain surgery. If you’ll indulge me, I will give you an example as to why this is an excellent idea. One season, back in the 90’s Cleveland and Anderson Co. were 2 of the 3 best 4A teams in East Tennessee. Because Anderson had to forfeit some games, Cleveland had to play them in round one. Cleveland pulled out a slobber-knocker, but was so beat up that they lost the next week to a Rhea Co. team that they had obliterated in the regular season. Cleveland did nothing wrong, but yet they got punished. 

Many years ago, a good friend of mine who was a young head coach, lost an entire season when it was discovered that his stud RB was 20 years old (they turned themselves in.) He said that he learned from that and never entrusted anybody but himself to check eligibility for the rest of his career. 

10 minutes ago, Roy Dillard said:

LRDAO.... That was years ago.   Ole warboss got run off by every school around years ago.  You stooped so low as to talk about families during the pandemic on hard times.  Wendy has some contacts in west Tennessee near Milan and im going to send them this mess how you are on here blasting kids and families being in trouble during the pandemic.  You think im joking but im not. 

I can’t believe you would make fun of a guy that lost his job years ago and has struggled ever since. I bet you make fun of kids and families in your own community like you did him and the greenback kids and the Milan kids. I may need to contact PH and DS on the committee and let them know how you are running down so many good kids and families amid the pandemic. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, TNValleyScoop said:

Stones and Jones are in the middle of it in SP but they aren’t only ones...  they will all be brought out.

Stone....Singular as in me but not in the way you proclaim. You see when someone is successful in real estate and has investment properties those properties have to produce money. Produce is slang for generating income which means they have to make money. By making money that means those properties have to bring in more gross income than they cost to build, maintain and pay back any debt to the lender. Do you you understand how that kinda thing works? Do you own or rent? I am assuming you rent or that maybe you still live with your parents. If not then I apologize and maybe you are more aware of housing cost, property tax, insurance, etc than you are pretending to carry on about.  However, based on some of your numbers you have spewed on here I am guessing that is not the case. In case you did not know right now there is a lot of demand in both Hamilton County and Marion County. Did you know that Tennessee is the highest rated state in the country for people moving in from out of state over the last year? For example Jasper, South Pittsburg, Richard Hardy, North Jackson, Lookout Valley, Brainerd, Central, Hixson and Red Bank. All places tenants live currently and a few with kids that play sports. Some tenants have boat loads of cash and are just lazy and dont want to have any responsibility. Others live pay check to paycheck and can never get ahead enough to save up for a down payment or have a high enough credit score to buy their own home. Some tenants get government assistance and can only live in properties that accept government assistance. Passive income investments have many layers and can come in all shapes, forms and sizes. However, all layers have to produce (generate income). Insinuating that people buy properties just to house recruits for high school football is moronic (means stupid) but based on what all you have said previously you seem to have several facts tangled, so maybe you don’t know any better. If somebody chooses to move because of a better job or cost of living is lower or to better their kids then that is their own business. It is not your place or anyone's else to spew there business. People move all the time just not as much in small towns like Mayberry.  That unfortunately is going to change in the future. As far as the family from up north they moved here AFTER the mom got on at Lodge. Which by the way is about to expand again creating more jobs in the area. GREAT NEWS MORE RECRUITS RIGHT??? No great news because this area needs jobs! But wait a minute, Lodge has to be in on this too right??? I bet they are probably even giving raises to these so called recruits and not even making them come in to work! (Btw the mother in question you have mentioned is crushing it there and has continued to do extremely well for herself.) Suggesting people that move here gets bags of cash payments and live for free is asinine (means extremely foolish). If the QBC was giving out bags of cash why would they not of just given them cash to pay rent? Doesn't seem very logical (means sensible given the circumstances) to cheat by giving cash then all of a sudden grow a conscious and decide to cheat foolishly by writing a check. This is getting attention just because of a rivalry that simply wont die. Which do not be surprised when little brother throws a haymaker back that has been saved up for over a year.

I am only responding to this non sense once because I have better things to do than listen to gossip but you keep wanting to put my families name in your mouth for some reason so I thought I would given you an open invitation to discuss with me personally. As far as Chris Jones goes he was with the Cleveland Browns last Fall and not with the Pirates in any shape fashion or form from my understanding. From my understanding I dont think there was good history there with him and our former coach. Btw his kids go to Jasper so I am not sure how it would benefit him to help a school he has no kids at or help a coach he doesnt have a great past with. I understand when there is no logic there the answer is to simple just throw everything on the wall and hopefully something will stick. After all it has worked out so well for the people of Jasper in the past.  

To the SP people...Everyone take a breathe and calm down. Jones and Wag are both good men to lead the program moving fwd and there is the possibility to keep them both. If everyone will stay quite long enough they will hear Geppetto laughing while sitting in Jasper pulling all the strings.

Edited by TonyHorton91281
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Roy Dillard said:

LRDAO.... You asked Grider for a job after you got run off from every other school in the county plus Dunlap.  You could probably learn a thing or two from that Jones man.  He has won four super bowls in Canada.  You think im joking but im not. 

I've never asked either for a job and resignation is a lot different than being fired..and I wasn't fired if it means anything...or if you can figure out what I'm saying...since you have very little sense!!! Over and out!!

26 minutes ago, WARBOSS said:

I've never asked either for a job and resignation is a lot different than being fired..and I wasn't fired if it means anything...or if you can figure out what I'm saying...since you have very little sense!!! Over and out!!

WARBOSS.. you have been correct on every single thing you have posted... the SP people know it....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, sportman said:

You nailed it on the head. I was thinking SP usually goes to at least 3rd round every year and the TSSAA is all about the money, so if TSSAA  bans them 2 years they lose on the minimum 25-30 thousand and for some reason go farther than the 3rd round it could be 50-75 thousand if you went to the state game.  I'm still assuming the TSSAA gets 50% of gate in playoff's? The SP Whitwell game that had over 7000 a few years back so we're looking at what, 56000, so divide that in half for just one game and that's 28000 to the TSSAA? You know what, it being 2 year's it could approach alot more than I thought. Just a little speculation I was thinking about this week.  But, listen, I'm old school and don't like so called clicks, you can call them booster clubs QB clubs or what, I just don't like them because just a handful of people can determine what's going on. I think at SP there was just a few knew what went on and now because of a few we have to face this crazy situation we're in.  As my Mama told me when I was growing up, don't get to big for your britches. Listen I'm an Alumni of SP and I love and back my school, but let's except the punishment and move on learn from this.  

It sux but it is what it is really. Not much you can do about it. I do believe you can get the penalty on conditioning and weight lifting thrown out. The conditioning reduction could lead to an injury to a kid. I just don't see that part of it should be in any penalty. Scrimmages and practice maybe but conditioning is needed I feel. Just my 2 cents worth.

17 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

It sux but it is what it is really. Not much you can do about it. I do believe you can get the penalty on conditioning and weight lifting thrown out. The conditioning reduction could lead to an injury to a kid. I just don't see that part of it should be in any penalty. Scrimmages and practice maybe but conditioning is needed I feel. Just my 2 cents worth.

What the real SP people are on their knees praying for...  is no complete investigation into the entire program.... but it’s coming...