South Pittsburg Pirates’ Coaching Search

OLD PIRATE

15 hours ago, GG22 said:

That stadium is way too big, with the little crowds the games have been getting for years. The new soccer stadium would be perfect after it opens next year, though. It'll be much nicer than any other stadium in the state and have plenty of capacity at around 30,000.

Agree to disagree. 30,000 is still way more capacity than needed so the to big point doesn’t work really. 

On 3/16/2021 at 9:32 PM, rlh said:

It would be interesting to see who they sent out the bid requests to this go around.

Yep. I agree Chattanooga is good for me for purely selfish reasons but it’s ridiculous for the far west Tennessee teams just like cookeville is. I mean gimme a break, cookeville and now Chattanooga? They’re both great for me but it’s a joke in the big picture. 

23 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Here ya go Roy. Here is just a few. Still waiting on your one. But yeah Milan kids were living in Jackson according to you and were being bussed in. But you never talk about kids right?  According to you ours were knowingly cheating. Also still trying to figure out what you mean by “mud” kids from Jackson. We’re you trying to talk about them being black. Here it is for the whole coacht world to see. But you never talk about kids. There are dozens more folks. 

LRDAO... Just cheering for the other team.  I never thought you would stoop to making racial comments and poking fun at a family getting evicted and people living in trailors. Shame on you.  You think im joking but im not. 

Edited by Roy Dillard

6 minutes ago, Roy Dillard said:

LRDAO... Just cheering for the other team.  I never thought you would stoop to making racial comments and poking fun at a family getting evicted and people living in trailors. Shame on you.  You think im joking but im not. 

Posted it big girl. Surely you have proof and not just lying right?  That’s the wonderful thing about coachT. You can pull up old posts real easy. I’m going to bed ma’am. When I wake up I expect to see the post where I made fun of a family (other than you and yours) and the racial comment. Show everyone your not a liar Roy. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

13 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

7209AD38-818F-4F47-95FA-7E46811A78C8.png
is this Chris Jones?  I have no clue what he looks like. Are these middle schoolers??

Are you talking about the Chris Jones that use to coach at Tennessee Tech University and Born in South Pittsburg, Tennessee, Jones played college football for the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga as a walk-on, and received little playing time. Instead, he began focusing on a coaching caree

1 hour ago, crow said:

Yep. I agree Chattanooga is good for me for purely selfish reasons but it’s ridiculous for the far west Tennessee teams just like cookeville is. I mean gimme a break, cookeville and now Chattanooga? They’re both great for me but it’s a joke in the big picture. 

True. It would be the same as if the games were played in Jackson or at UT Martin. It would be good for West TN teams, but would suck for fans from the East.

3 hours ago, swipper said:

Are you talking about the Chris Jones that use to coach at Tennessee Tech University and Born in South Pittsburg, Tennessee, Jones played college football for the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga as a walk-on, and received little playing time. Instead, he began focusing on a coaching caree

I couldn’t answer that. I know little about the man. That’s why I asked cause I wasn’t sure if it was him. 

9 hours ago, crow said:

Agree to disagree. 30,000 is still way more capacity than needed so the to big point doesn’t work really. 

Two points on that.

1. There was a time not so long ago where the title games at Vanderbilt pulled 20-30,000. Put the games back in a central, big city that people like to visit, and the numbers should improve again, although probably not to 30,000. 

2. The new soccer stadium will be far, far nicer than Nissan in pretty much every way.

2 hours ago, GG22 said:

Two points on that.

1. There was a time not so long ago where the title games at Vanderbilt pulled 20-30,000. Put the games back in a central, big city that people like to visit, and the numbers should improve again, although probably not to 30,000. 

2. The new soccer stadium will be far, far nicer than Nissan in pretty much every way.

We agree on Nashville it would seem and I’m not not opposed to the soccer stadium. It certainly is beautiful but I’m suggesting Nissan stadium simply as the added wow factor of a teenager playing for a state title getting to do it on an NFL field in an NFL stadium. I understand futball is wildly more popular across the globe than football is but not many kids in the US that play football grow up watching and dreaming of becoming a soccer star. I just think the NFL part would add a little something for the kids getting to play is all. As for the fans not so much I agree. 

11 hours ago, crow said:

Crow let me ask you a question. Why do you think Nashville didnt try to get this Childress mans championships? 

12 hours ago, swipper said:

I talked to that Jones man last night and told him he needs to have six down lineman on defence.  He said he was only going to have 4. What kind of mess is this? Grider always had at least 5.  You think im joking but im not. 

13 hours ago, crow said:

Who all applied to earn the championships?