Class AAA Bracket

toinemac

1 hour ago, SweetScience said:

Congratulations to Houston. I know I’ve said some testy things directed towards them the past few days, and probably shouldn’t have said them if I’m being honest with myself, but that’s a darn good team either way. Hats off to them and big congratulations to their seniors, who are all really good players. Also, congratulations to Mason Miller on winning Mr. Basketball. Pretty impressive.

Now that's classy of you to say! 

1 hour ago, UCSportsFan said:

Yes really strange..... what were the odds that all these great basketball players just “happened “ to arrive in the thriving metropolis of Germantown Tn!!!  Uncanny!  I am absolutely sure that all of the parents/guardians moved to ensure this was all legal and on the up and up. Nothing to see here people!!! Move along!!!!!!

The odds are pretty good when you have an ex-NBA player/former college asst, coach as the head coach whose hiring made national news. I do have a question for those complaining about "home-grown teams. If a player transfers in to your school, will you want him to play? After all, their not home-grown.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Congratulations to Houston. I know I’ve said some testy things directed towards them the past few days, and probably shouldn’t have said them if I’m being honest with myself, but that’s a darn good team either way. Hats off to them and big congratulations to their seniors, who are all really good players. Also, congratulations to Mason Miller on winning Mr. Basketball. Pretty impressive.

Actually, you stood up for Coach Green and I am darn proud of you for doing it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pigskinred said:

The odds are pretty good when you have an ex-NBA player/former college asst, coach as the head coach whose hiring made national news. I do have a question for those complaining about "home-grown teams. If a player transfers in to your school, will you want him to play? After all, their not home-grown.

I have no problem with transfers as long as they do it by the same rules the rest of us are made to abide by. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, warmachine7954 said:

And you have zero proof that the transfers didn't do that. 

Miller, Madlock, and Yates have been there. So have many of the others. 

You would be correct sir. Just like when I said the Wiseman move from a posh private school In Nashville to Memphis East was very “suspect” and should be looked into. There was no way that kids family could make that move by themselves. And guess what??? I was right in the end proven not by T$$AA but by the NCAA!  Too many kids transferring into this program all at once so If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck.....

Edited by UCSportsFan

53 minutes ago, clevelandblueraiderfan said:

These kids change teams more than LeBron

Ha! There’s no loyalty anymore. It’s all about instant success for the majority of people. I can understand somebody wanting to have a chance to win a championship, but this bouncing from team to team mentality is outta control. That’s today’s culture though, unfortunately. Nobody wants to work towards anything anymore. Long gone are the days of the Birds and Magic’s spilling their guts for only 1 team throughout their careers.

2 hours ago, LittleJerrySeinfeld said:

I wonder if that stat would be the same if the best players in Knox, Chatt, Tri-Cities, Nashville, Murfreesboro, Clarksville, or Jackson got together to make super teams like they do in Memphis

They did in Jackson for a few years. It was Liberty High School. They beat a HUGE Mitchell team with Thadeus Young.

Jackson doesn't have the talent year in and year out to compete like that.

The other cities might be able to pull it together. 

Just because the kids are good doesn't mean the teams are good. Memphis East was a very special group before Wiseman got there. In many people's minds they were better. White Station High has had more than it's share of future NBA players and they haven't done much since 2009.

14 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Ha! There’s no loyalty anymore. It’s all about instant success for the majority of people. I can understand somebody wanting to have a chance to win a championship, but this bouncing from team to team mentality is outta control. That’s today’s culture though, unfortunately. Nobody wants to work towards anything anymore. Long gone are the days of the Birds and Magic’s spilling their guts for only 1 team throughout their careers.

Free Agency didn't exist for Magic and Bird except for the last few seasons of their career. 1988 was the first year for free agency in the NBA. Bird and Magic both from 79-92. There is a salary cap rule called the Larry Bird Exception that allows players to go over the salary cap to sign a player already on their roster. 

This whole loyalty idea is comical and exagerrated. 

The "standard" for success is winning a close second is the amount of money you can make during your playing career. Lebron and every generation after his has been conditioned to win no matter what. That bleeds down in society on all kinds of levels.