Jay Gore steps down at McGavock

Let's be real do you think metro would pass on a Scott blade , Thomas Osteen , Ron Crawford , Ingle Martin , and several more proven white coaches ? Heck No! But those caliber coaches don't want to be in metro it's a whole different animal . Blade knows first hand . He will tell you . But just cause white middle school coaches or a two year position coach  that is has been anywhere doesn't mean he should be given a job in metro like they're doing them a favor . The thing is you complain about the successful jobs like the " big 4" , why don't they go get a WC, HL , GC , etc school . Naw they want the ready made just because of entitlement. These coaches that are getting hired grinded for years to get there and you don't know them from a can of paint but they don't deserve it cause they are black and a white man could do better . Cut the BS. If you can coach you can coach no matter color . But since metro isn't all white like the previous years it's now an uproar , it wasn't an issue in the 90s when the roles were flipped and the black coaches were forced to take the bottom feeder jobs . That wasn't a problem them huh. I'm a realist and I'm fair I call it like I see it . And I'll leave with this , rumor was Blackman principal loved Eddie woods but they hired their new guy, Eddie has accomplished more than he and Blackman has ever at CR but he don't get that job ? So save your entitlement and white vs black trash . CR would beat the heck out of the Blackman the past 5 years and have been more successful but we are on here bashing metro hiring but ignoring the whole picture . Have a great weekend fellas good luck to all programs preparing to start up next week, can wait to see some good 7 on 7 action . 

4 hours ago, cbg said:

Does MNPS not pursue coaches from outside the system?  How do coaches from inner city schools in East St. Louis, Houston, Los Angeles or Miami win against not only other public schools but the big bad private schools?  It's past time for MNPS to get outside of their offices on Bransford Avneue and do the so called walk around the block and adopt the great things that other systems are doing.  Yes, it's not easy to teach and coach in MNPS but it's far from the worst school system in the country.  Now as far as the bureaucratic BS that MNPS teachers & coaches must deal with every day, that needs to stop immediately.  

Agreed . Valid points 

1 hour ago, Hurricane717 said:

Let's be real do you think metro would pass on a Scott blade , Thomas Osteen , Ron Crawford , Ingle Martin , and several more proven white coaches ? Heck No! But those caliber coaches don't want to be in metro it's a whole different animal . Blade knows first hand . He will tell you . But just cause white middle school coaches or a two year position coach  that is has been anywhere doesn't mean he should be given a job in metro like they're doing them a favor . The thing is you complain about the successful jobs like the " big 4" , why don't they go get a WC, HL , GC , etc school . Naw they want the ready made just because of entitlement. These coaches that are getting hired grinded for years to get there and you don't know them from a can of paint but they don't deserve it cause they are black and a white man could do better . Cut the BS. If you can coach you can coach no matter color . But since metro isn't all white like the previous years it's now an uproar , it wasn't an issue in the 90s when the roles were flipped and the black coaches were forced to take the bottom feeder jobs . That wasn't a problem them huh. I'm a realist and I'm fair I call it like I see it . And I'll leave with this , rumor was Blackman principal loved Eddie woods but they hired their new guy, Eddie has accomplished more than he and Blackman has ever at CR but he don't get that job ? So save your entitlement and white vs black trash . CR would beat the heck out of the Blackman the past 5 years and have been more successful but we are on here bashing metro hiring but ignoring the whole picture . Have a great weekend fellas good luck to all programs preparing to start up next week, can wait to see some good 7 on 7 action . 

If the principal loved the coach from CR, should you have made this hire.  Heck, when you look at the win /loss record of test guy she hired, many both black and white coaches had better records.

7 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

I think the world of Eddie Woods, but I think CR is the best place for him. Not a guarantee he would have taken it even if he was offered the job

And You may be right but I was just addressing a similar scenario. It was a " rumor " as well but strong source 

On 5/28/2021 at 1:40 PM, Hurricane717 said:

Metro has always been a system that hired what was the best for the school demographics . Back in the day a black coach was hired at a school that fit the demographics and a white the same way. Times and school demographics are still deciding head football coaches. I would even venture to all sports and say this is the trend. It has never been about being qualified to coach but just the best fit. Also interviews and hiring use to take place at the central office by head of human resources, principal , athletic director and maybe one other central office person, but sometimes just HR director and principal. Loved the good ole days. Also , if you not already an employee of metro schools you were not even considered for any jobs.  Tommy Owen was a great coach at MBA and could not even apply or  interview for the Hillwood football coach job because he was not a metro employee. 

Edited by longtimeretired

18 hours ago, workinprogress said:

Getting back on topic, who does McGavock hire? My guess is a former metro HC. I'm thinking a former eagle or cobra. Anyone hearing anything?

Work, I am told a former Cobra was considered but not the one you are thinking of I bet. Former Eagle never had a chance. His safety blanket/cover has retired. My money is on a current Metro employee, but not a head coach, till now. We shall see.

You were thinking of one  of their former head coaches, but they have had a bunch that fit that bill lately. Doesn't take a lawyer to get the right answer. Doesn't matter because this coach will not get the job.

You are much warmer with your last thought.

That one in the middle is highly debatable by many in the system, and out. Talked a good game though.