Powell getting a big boost

JustinBuck

9 hours ago, TornadoLeadRecruiter said:

Very few teams can play with Maryville. Even less can win against them on Friday night when their coaches game plan. 
Powell has enough skill talent and now a boss on the dline to possibly pull the upset. But can their coaches game plan better/enough and the boys execute the plan to pull that up set 

time will tell

Powell has the best skills players on one team that I’ve seen collectively since Alcoa with Cobb, Lindsey, Warren. Egos and injuries is the only thing that will stop Powell this year. 

19 hours ago, HTV said:

The Gann kid is pretty solid.  Borderline D1 prospect.  

With he and the 2 Nolens they should be fine.  Good nucleus to build around. And I promise you the cupboard isn't bare.  

Powell OL played great last night.  Then when Warren (the Freshmen) gets on the field at RT it will be even better.  The OL really surprised me last night.  Was good to see them play well!

13 hours ago, JohnnyUtah said:

Ugly for Farragut, outmatched on both sides 

Ya Powell pretty much did what ever they wanted to do vs Farragut.  1's v 1's Powell 35 and Farragut 3.  WR core for Powell is going to be to much for teams to handle.  Especially if the OL gives QB time like last night!  QB stats 13-18 for 325 yards and 6 TD.......

12 hours ago, HTV said:

Nope. But I am told his little brother looked really good. 

Really no reason to play Walter in the scrimmages.  The coaches know what he can do.  I would expect to see him on Friday night in Neyland, however. 

Little brother didn't play either vs Farragut last night.  Both suit up at Neyland Friday night.  

12 hours ago, HTV said:

Nope. But I am told his little brother looked really good. 

Really no reason to play Walter in the scrimmages.  The coaches know what he can do.  I would expect to see him on Friday night in Neyland, however. 

Little brother didn't play either last night.  They both suit up Friday night at Neyland.  

10 hours ago, TornadoLeadRecruiter said:

Very few teams can play with Maryville. Even less can win against them on Friday night when their coaches game plan. 
Powell has enough skill talent and now a boss on the dline to possibly pull the upset. But can their coaches game plan better/enough and the boys execute the plan to pull that up set 

time will tell

Would it be an upset?  On paper Powell is FAR better than Maryville IMO.  Your are right though, Maryville def. has the edge when it comes to the coaching.  Maryville wins 95% of there games due to the coaches game plan, and halftime adjustments.   Def will be a good game!

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, keepitmoving said:

Would it be an upset?  On paper Powell is FAR better than Maryville IMO.  Your are right though, Maryville def. has the edge when it comes to the coaching.  Maryville wins 95% of there games due to the coaches game plan, and halftime adjustments.   Def will be a good game!

Maryville presents a level of professionalism that is unmatched in this area, IMO. They may not have the skill guys, but they have their fair share, and their execution as a team is always next level. For a team like Powell to beat Maryville, they cannot beat themselves. That starts (and ends) with execution and cutting out the silly/stupid penalties that Powell has been notoriously guilty of under Lowe. Bottom line - Act like you've been there before. And to be the man, you've got to beat the man.

With such a young team last season, I hope some of last year's heartbreak will help focus these guys.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, keepitmoving said:

Yes, it would be.  Anybody other than Oakland beating Maryville at this point would be considered an upset, IMO.  

Talent wise, Powell is as good as pretty much anybody at this point.  That said, the game is going to be played at Maryville and Maryville is always disciplined and well coached, and they are well prepared from a game plan status every week.  

Powell at Maryville has the makings of being a great game.  Probably the only game I will see in person this year.  

13 hours ago, Tadvols said:

Wonder why they didn't play  .. possible still trying to get them eligible?? What about the 2 Wr's that were caught with weed at school .. they play???

Keep sucking on those sour grapes, Tad.  

And Walter Tweeted out that he'll be on the field at Neyland on Friday.  

They are eligible.  

1 hour ago, keepitmoving said:

Would it be an upset 

come on

How many state titles has murval played in vs Powell over the last 20 yrs. how many teams has beaten murval besides Alcoa in the regular season in the last 20 yrs. 

Yes it would be an upset