3A 2021 PRESEASON RANKINGS

CHARGERFAN

On 7/20/2021 at 12:34 PM, FridayMainEvent said:

Wow, our poll was released January 14th, way before these others.  And no mention??   I'm offended, guys...:grin:

Ha- you guys were so early, I didn't find your info when I was searching. Oh well, as they say "The early bird gets the worm, but on the other hand, the early worm gets eaten". 

Thanks for posting your link. Y'all are pretty good for guys from the other part of the state.

Comment on that sight said Alcoa was afraid to move to 4A.I know they will play any 4A team! The question you must ask is why wont any of the 4A schools schedule them? If you will think back a few years...a lot of those 4A teams were going to move to 5A  to stay out of Alcoa’s class. Alcoa ended up staying in 3A because they didnt want a 4 team region in 4A after everyone moved up. As I kind of mentioned earlier, having to find 6 non region teams to schedule Alcoa would have been almost impossible!

30 minutes ago, Deion24 said:

Comment on that sight said Alcoa was afraid to move to 4A.I know they will play any 4A team! The question you must ask is why wont any of the 4A schools schedule them? If you will think back a few years...a lot of those 4A teams were going to move to 5A  to stay out of Alcoa’s class. Alcoa ended up staying in 3A because they didnt want a 4 team region in 4A after everyone moved up. As I kind of mentioned earlier, having to find 6 non region teams to schedule Alcoa would have been almost impossible!

The guy that said that on his web page, Chris burrr, is one of the biggest trolls on coachT. Nobody takes him seriously. I wouldn’t sweat him. 

8 minutes ago, stacmot said:

Nice job, but I was surprised to see that you ranked Dyersburg over Covington and Haywood over Milan.

Covington is breaking in new QB and young at some key spots.  I think Jamrion Dowell has a big year for them and AC Mason-Young is great at OLB.   He can cover the slot and rush the passer effectively.    They'll have a say in who makes it to Chattanooga from the West.   

Haywood and Milan represent two teams that went to Cookeville last year and have alot back.   Basically a coin toss now, but I really got attached to Chris Smith in Cookeville last year.    Excellent young Coach I really enjoyed speaking with so that may of been a heart pick...:grin:

32 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

Covington is breaking in new QB and young at some key spots.  I think Jamrion Dowell has a big year for them and AC Mason-Young is great at OLB.   He can cover the slot and rush the passer effectively.    They'll have a say in who makes it to Chattanooga from the West.   

Haywood and Milan represent two teams that went to Cookeville last year and have alot back.   Basically a coin toss now, but I really got attached to Chris Smith in Cookeville last year.    Excellent young Coach I really enjoyed speaking with so that may of been a heart pick...:grin:

I'm a Tomcat fan, so I hope you're right about Haywood.  I think the Haywood coaches do a great job, but BPM and Milan scare me.  Lol

Covington is another team I support.  The Chargers may have lost some key players, but Coach Kirby always adjusts and comes up with a great game plan.  Dyersburg put up a lot of points last year, but the Trojans also gave up a lot of points.  If Dyersburg hopes to go far, they are going to have to make some improvements on defense.

The Haywood-Milan and Covington-Dyersburg games should be good ones.

4 minutes ago, stacmot said:

I'm a Tomcat fan, so I hope you're right about Haywood.  I think the Haywood coaches do a great job, but BPM and Milan scare me.  Lol

Covington is another team I support.  The Chargers may have lost some key players, but Coach Kirby always adjusts and comes up with a great game plan.  Dyersburg put up a lot of points last year, but the Trojans also gave up a lot of points.  If Dyersburg hopes to go far, they are going to have to make some improvements on defense.

The Haywood-Milan and Covington-Dyersburg games should be good ones.

Yes sir, no doubt.   Former Coach Marty Wheeler and Coach Kirby are regulars on my show.   Love to cut up with those guys.

8 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

Yes sir, no doubt.   Former Coach Marty Wheeler and Coach Kirby are regulars on my show.   Love to cut up with those guys.

Y'all should come to Brownsville for the Haywood-Milan game on the 17th of September and do a High School Game Day. Lol  I'm just kidding!

Edited by stacmot