1A top 15 TN high school football

Tide21

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

Why the hype then?Just curious.

They gelled last year and have enough coming back to be very dangerous, however The Rebels typically haven’t been a reload type team they seem to have a very strong once in awhile class that comes thru ! The QB is D 1 caliber IMO,Cassidy is his name he is a true duel threat very fast and smart ! I believe they are still a force to be reckoned with but we won’t know till a few games into the season !

On 7/11/2021 at 5:12 PM, mrbigster said:

Glad to see West Carrol on this list.Looks like 3 really good teams in our region and not discounting any others.West Carrol had some big ole boys last year and and really thought the playoff game was going to be closer than it was.But lots of talent.

Wolfe left WC! Don’t know what to expect…he always got the most out of his talent I think! Could be a rebuild new coach type deal and that’s no discredit to the new coach. I was a Wolfe fan and hate he’s gone 

On 7/11/2021 at 1:43 PM, pioneer42 said:

Didn’t know that. I had it my head that they were young last year.

Offensive side yes, young.  We will have 9 back on offense. 

But, we had some key losses on defense.  Lyles at LB, Boaz at DE, Barnett at tackle, Latimer and Surber in the secondary.  The good news is, the sophomores are good football players.  By the time the play-offs come around, they will have had plenty of game experience. 

21 hours ago, Tide21 said:

Marquez Taylor 180lb 6ft 4.4 40yd dash  running back multiple d1 offers.  They also gave a qb that can run and throw 

Marquez is the go to back.  I have been told he was also clocked at 4.3.  I haven't gotten that officially from Comer but source I would trust. Don't overlook Etijay Tharpe. He and Taylor are in the same class.  They will compliment each other very well this year.  Losing Caleb Gill at running back will hurt. He is that big blocking back that can clear a hole.  We also had a kid come out who didn't play last year.  Colin McClerin.  FAST AS A CAT! He is built like a slot receiver. For you old TN fans, he reminds me alot of Craig Faulkner. 

And of course Cassidy....He really is what will let Marquez and the other backs shine.  You have to account for his arm, legs, and mind. Kid is so talented and smart. Before it is all said and done, he will be on some major D1 schools list.  I know Brent Dearmon at MTSU is wanting him... really bad. He could shine at MTSU.