UC Welcomes LC to Tornado Alley Game 1

BigSwoShow

23 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

I will  tell them...lol.LC isn't DC.Yall played the wrong Dyer Co team.Heard Dyersburg was loaded.Forgot they scrimmage Milan tonight.Going to read about that now.Ya better keep those boys from snap chatting

Now Bigster…. I know DC ain’t LC. But thank you for stating the obvious. I’ll tell you what I think. I think you are hearing some things about the Tornadoes that have you worried. So you have to say something to keep from losing that swamp water confidence that you are usually drunk on. That’s okay. I understand where you are coming from. Just remember…… That voodoo dance y’all do at Dysheekie’s Swamp Shack ain’t gonna work. Dysheekie is a Tornado fan

Edited by BigSwoShow

1 minute ago, BigSwoShow said:

Now Bigster…. I know DC ain’t LC. But thank you for stating the obvious. I’ll tell you what I think. I think you are hearing some things about the Tornadoes that have you worried. So you have to say something to keep from losing that swamp water confidence that you are usually drunk on. That’s okay. I understand where you are coming from. Just remember…… That voodoo dance y’all do at Dysheekie’s swamps shack ain’t gonna work. Dysheekie is a Tornado fan

Guess I'm going to have to let Shocker counter as I'm scared of reading about U.C.Plus  I'm old.

I thought you’d get a laugh Swo! PS message me your passwords and I’ll write them down for you! And then next year I can personally drive them to the nursing home and log you in! It is really nice that nurse let’s you get on the T from time to time! In all seriousness I’m just hoping we get to play…a lot of C-word going around it sounds like. It’s always nice to start 1-0 against Onion City

8 minutes ago, shockernation said:

I thought you’d get a laugh Swo! PS message me your passwords and I’ll write them down for you! And then next year I can personally drive them to the nursing home and log you in! It is really nice that nurse let’s you get on the T from time to time! In all seriousness I’m just hoping we get to play…a lot of C-word going around it sounds like. It’s always nice to start 1-0 against Onion City

We Shocker I was feeling confident until I read Dresden won 3 to 0 in a scrimmage.Unless other things like some key players not playing.

2 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

We Shocker I was feeling confident until I read Dresden won 3 to 0 in a scrimmage.Unless other things like some key players not playing.

Just read LC had been playing in the heat for an hour,Dresden was fresh.Said LC moved the ball,had chances fumbled at the one.So hopefully things be ok.But still Dresden may be better than we think.

1 minute ago, mrbigster said:

Yea but it’s a scrimmage aka practice. Sure it’s a head scratcher but you never know what we ran or what we are trying to polish. Remember that’s the same Dresden team that refused to play us in the season. I don’t take much from scrimmages unless I’m there…and I wasn’t.

12 hours ago, BigSwoShow said:

Well I had to work out of town today and didn’t make it back in time to watch the scrimmage against Dyer County. However, my son came home, he’s a senior on the team, and we watched Hudl together. From what I could tell, my Tornadoes have made huge improvements all over the field. First thing, no fumbles. Not one. The offense is clicking a little better and looking more fluid. Speed  on offense is becoming  more and more apparent. With the exception of a couple of deep pass plays, we held DC in check. The JV finished out the night but at the end of the Varsity scrimmage UC scored 4 to DC 2 TDS. Our line is our strength. Serval DC linemen were on their backs multiple times tonight. I’m more impressed by this showing from our guys than last week. 
Tell your players to keep sending those  SnapChat messages out to our players. They love it. As if they needed any more motivation. 

It was 35-14 Swo. This was of course first team came first team because DC JV scored a few 

4 hours ago, shockernation said:

Yea but it’s a scrimmage aka practice. Sure it’s a head scratcher but you never know what we ran or what we are trying to polish. Remember that’s the same Dresden team that refused to play us in the season. I don’t take much from scrimmages unless I’m there…and I wasn’t.

Your right.Im sure he will open it up against that team with the ugly purple and gold uniforms and that purple field.

15 hours ago, shockernation said:

What’s all this crap about sending you my passwords? Ohhhh! I had to change my call sign again because I couldn’t remember my password. Hold on a second because I need to die laughing. …………. Didn’t work. I guess because I didn’t laugh. Shocker….. you are going to have to do better. Actually it was quite funny. Or quiet funny. What’s this “always “ part about starting the season with a win over my Tornadoes? I mean how many times have y’all actually done that.  Ohhhhh! Y’all are still living off of 2019. I get it now. Well keep dreaming the dream but I have a suspicion that this game will be a nightmare for the Falcons 

12 hours ago, BigSwoShow said:

What’s all this crap about sending you my passwords? Ohhhh! I had to change my call sign again because I couldn’t remember my password. Hold on a second because I need to die laughing. …………. Didn’t work. I guess because I didn’t laugh. Shocker….. you are going to have to do better. Actually it was quite funny. Or quiet funny. What’s this “always “ part about starting the season with a win over my Tornadoes? I mean how many times have y’all actually done that.  Ohhhhh! Y’all are still living off of 2019. I get it now. Well keep dreaming the dream but I have a suspicion that this game will be a nightmare for the Falcons 

From everything I have gathered so far about Union City it seems they have very good line play. UC will lean on that offensively. A good line can make average skill players seem awesome. Not saying that UC doesn't have really good skill players. UC will be solid on offense as long as they don't fumble the ball. Defensively imo teams will be able to move the ball against them. They seem prone to give up the big play. A team that can throw the ball will be effective against them. Their run defense seems pretty solid. It will be hard for most teams to line up and just run the ball down their throat. Teams will need a balanced attack to be very effective against them. I think LC has the advantage in the skill positions. Line play will determine the outcome of this game. If the LC line can give the young quarterback time to get the ball to his playmakers then it could be along night for UC. LC has a back who is a gamechanger but can he get loose a couple of times? Again line play will be very important. UC will try to go on long time consuming drives. So LC must take advantage of their offensive possessions and  not turn the ball over. This is a rivalry game so anything can happen. I will say this UC is going to surprise some people in their region. LC will be a very good team by playoff time. LC has a very difficult schedule to navigate. This game will help LC in the long run. It will be a very good game. Not ready to make a prediction yet.

Edited by lakecounty1968

3 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

From everything I have gathered so far about Union City it seems they have very good line play. UC will lean on that offensively. A good line can make average skill players seem awesome. Not saying that UC doesn't have really good skill players. UC will be solid on offense as long as they don't fumble the ball. Defensively imo teams will be able to move the ball against them. They seem prone to give up the big play. A team that can throw the ball will be effective against them. Their run defense seems pretty solid. It will be hard for most teams to line up and just run the ball down their throat. Teams will need a balanced attack to be very effective against them. I think LC has the advantage in the skill positions. Line play will determine the outcome of this game. If the LC line can give the young quarterback time to get the ball to his playmakers then it could be along night for UC. LC has a back who is a gamechanger but can he get loose a couple of times? Again line play will be very important. UC will try to go on long time consuming drives. So LC must take advantage of their offensive possessions and  not turn the ball over. This is a rivalry game so anything can happen. I will say this UC is going to surprise some people in their region. LC will be a very good team by playoff time. LC has a very difficult schedule to navigate. This game will help LC in the long run. It will be a very good game. Not ready to make a prediction yet.

I think that’s a very good pregame analysis 68. I tend to agree