4a football

Oldschool2021

39 minutes ago, Swipes said:

AC has been high scoring the past couple of year just not against tougher competition.  Depth hasn't been your problem Mavs in Flight and size and strength hasn't either, It's been SPEED.  You have had the strength and game plan to play with Greeneville but not the Speed.  Last year alone 3 out of the 4 TD's in the Playoffs were one missed tackle and it was off to the races and not even a close foot race at that.  All those Speed merchants return for Greeneville including Gudger lol

True about speed issues. Speed does kill. But hopefully we want have too many players going both ways. We do hold up for a good while then boom off to races. I want to think that is due to being worn down going both ways but we shall see. This should be a fun year. Greeneville started off slow last year than came on strong. A lot like Oak Ridge did and does almost ever other year. Greeneville may not be tested with Central.

3 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

True about speed issues. Speed does kill. But hopefully we want have too many players going both ways. We do hold up for a good while then boom off to races. I want to think that is due to being worn down going both ways but we shall see. This should be a fun year. Greeneville started off slow last year than came on strong. A lot like Oak Ridge did and does almost ever other year. Greeneville may not be tested with Central.

Sounds like a battle in the East.

1 hour ago, FBfan26 said:

Sounds like a battle in the East.

Should be exciting in the play off's for sure this year adding South Doyle in the loop with Betsy, Greeneville, and AC.   SD dropped to 4a and was a very good 5a team that lost to Oak Ridge in the Semi's.  They are lead by Shawn Gary their 6'1 185lb RB that rushed for 1,757 yards and 18 TD's last year and didn't even start until week 4.  They return their O line along with some starters on D with a Levi Herald leading the way at DE and had 11 sacks and 91 tackles last season.

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, Swipes said:

Should be exciting in the play off's for sure this year adding South Doyle in the loop with Betsy, Greeneville, and AC.   SD dropped to 4a and was a very good 5a team that lost to Oak Ridge in the Semi's.  They are lead by Shawn Gary their 6'1 185lb RB that rushed for 1,757 yards and 18 TD's last year and didn't even start until week 4.  They return their O line along with some starters on D with a Levi Herald leading the way at DE and had 11 sacks and 91 tackles last season.

Swipes, I think a lot of people are taking SD for granted. I see it especially in the Big Ones contest. They have a chance to be very good with the experience they have coming back, and they have speed. I think we (Central) have a chance to be pretty good but I'm NOT looking forward to traveling over there later in the year. They are going to be a challenge for everyone.

17 hours ago, Swipes said:

Yes, talking about Levi, he has some serious help with a very good Curtis Young (LB) and Cameron Monday (DE)

On Offense, if you focus to much on Gray, you can get beat by a very fast Almarion Greer or Tajuan Owens....

All these players showing up in the recruiting circles.

On paper they look very good.

Edited by BCsportsfan