Milan travels to Trenton Peabody

PeabodyPride

I like the call from the coach to go for it on the goal line... I know I may catch some heat for it but I liked the call. It did not work out and Peabody had to work from it's on end zone to start. The penalties, and the the fouls that were called in that series we warranted. Milan absolutely had a chance to win this game. 

None the less, this was a great game. I am proud of Gibson county for putting all of the state on notice that we are serious about some football in this county! 

Congrats the Tide! 

3 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Man that was 2 good football teams going at it! From what was said Milan didn't play starters vs Union City in their final tune-up. I can't help but to wonder what Milan looks like tonight if they played last week. Man those Ganaway twins are something else.

Great post. 

I completely agree with you about the twins. They are for sure some gamers. 1A football statewide needs to be put on notice now. Peabody is about it again this year. 

4 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

I like the call from the coach to go for it on the goal line... I know I may catch some heat for it but I liked the call. It did not work out and Peabody had to work from it's on end zone to start. The penalties, and the the fouls that were called in that series we warranted. Milan absolutely had a chance to win this game. 

None the less, this was a great game. I am proud of Gibson county for putting all of the state on notice that we are serious about some football in this county! 

Congrats the Tide! 

Yes, the option to go for it on 4th down, was the right call. The play call seemed predictable. Everybody in the stadium knew it was going to be a run.

Great game by both teams. Top level football at its best. Peabody did what they had to do, and those Ganaway twins, man they are special, and that defense is pretty solid, but gotta tighten up a little defending the pass.

So the rumor was Milan's starters didn't play much in the UC scrimmage before they played tonight, and that may have caused them to start off slow. But #1 has to touch the football more, point blank. Was one of the top two athletes on the field, and you fail to find ways to get him the ball in space. And the fourth down two point conversion down 3, when you clearly had a chip shot FG was questionable. But all in all, great game and will see both teams at the state championship in their respective classes, health permitting.

Both teams will get better as the season progresses. Milan got out-coached tonight. If you have an SEC talent in West TN HSFB, he needs the ball in his hands early and often. Doesn't matter how you do it, just do it. Either he's not as advertised, or he is criminally underutilized. Milan got murdered on special teams. Unnecessary penalties both ways, but thats expected in week 1. It would be interesting to see these teams face off in about 8 weeks with some of these details ironed out, but I guess we will never know. Peabody will see another "SEC talent" next week, but I imagine the big uglies will have him running for his life. I guess we will see if he is a dual threat as advertised.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Yes, the option to go for it on 4th down, was the right call. The play call seemed predictable. Everybody in the stadium knew it was going to be a run.

They were a half of a yard from converting!!!!!!  one more rep, one more rep, one more rep!!!!! That is what is running through my head as a coach!!!!  Half of a yard!!!!  That ultimately, decided the outcome of the game. 

14 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

Congrats the Tide! 

You can’t blame Milan for going for it the way there KO team couldn’t handle Peabody’s return game. You didn’t get it but Milan had Peabody backed up. Neither team got the ball to their star receivers enough, IMO. I will say this. Baskerville stumbled about midfield and still took it to the house. He can fly and that return will definitely be seen by college coaches. 

4 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

You can’t blame Milan for going for it the way there KO team couldn’t handle Peabody’s return game. You didn’t get it but Milan had Peabody backed up. Neither team got the ball to their star receivers enough, IMO. I will say this. Baskerville stumbled about midfield and still took it to the house. He can fly and that return will definitely be seen by college coaches. 

Great post. Fair. 

3 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

Great post. Fair. 

Big question I have is after the roughing the passer penalty the very next 3rd and long with about 4 minutes left did Ganoway make that catch on the sideline?? I have my doubts and even some Peabody fans didn’t think he caught it on the Milan sideline.