Milan travels to Trenton Peabody

PeabodyPride

12 minutes ago, Archiewho said:

Two heavyweights in west TN going at it again first game of season!  First, I expect it to go down to the wire as always with a few turnovers deciding the game.  Second, I’m not buying all this talk from the Milan posters saying how down they are.  Sand-bagging alert!  Too much talent on that side not to be competitive in this one.    Third, I have a hard time believing that their starters didn’t dress out in the jamboree at UC.  Doesn’t make sense why you wouldn’t take the opportunity to prepare for the season opener in a live game situation.  But if this is true, that was kind of leaving UC out to dry and taking away an opportunity for them to get better.  Why would anyone want to ever schedule a jamboree with Milan in upcoming years if this is true?

It is a fact no varsity starters where even dressed on the sidelines

55 minutes ago, Archiewho said:

Two heavyweights in west TN going at it again first game of season!  First, I expect it to go down to the wire as always with a few turnovers deciding the game.  Second, I’m not buying all this talk from the Milan posters saying how down they are.  Sand-bagging alert!  Too much talent on that side not to be competitive in this one.    Third, I have a hard time believing that their starters didn’t dress out in the jamboree at UC.  Doesn’t make sense why you wouldn’t take the opportunity to prepare for the season opener in a live game situation.  But if this is true, that was kind of leaving UC out to dry and taking away an opportunity for them to get better.  Why would anyone want to ever schedule a jamboree with Milan in upcoming years if this is true?

I would be a bit salty too if I was Union city. You schedule a hard team to prepare and they give you their JV. Kinda like a slap in the face IMO to UC. The only thing I guess that would make it ok is if UC knew on the front end they were getting Milan’s JV team.

I don’t believe Milan owes Union City anything but maybe this is an unwritten rule like baseball. If memory serves me correctly Milan used to never play in a Jamboree. Maybe sense the jv game was canceled during the week Milan decided to play them in the varsity game for depth and experience or maybe Milan had some guys banged up from playing 3 scrimmages the past week and our coach did not want to put some kids in bad situations. I trust our coach to have the best interest of the kids. We just hope to have some guys to play Thursday and not get running clock on us.

1 minute ago, Bulldog89 said:

I don’t believe Milan owes Union City anything but maybe this is an unwritten rule like baseball. If memory serves me correctly Milan used to never play in a Jamboree. Maybe sense the jv game was canceled during the week Milan decided to play them in the varsity game for depth and experience or maybe Milan had some guys banged up from playing 3 scrimmages the past week and our coach did not want to put some kids in bad situations. I trust our coach to have the best interest of the kids. We just hope to have some guys to play Thursday and not get running clock on us.

I agree on the running clock part. 

In the end it’s a jamboree, and it doesn’t matter at all going forward.  BigPurpleMachine, I’ve always respected your opinion on here.  So I got to ask.  Why are you so convinced Milan is down?  They got a D1 player and a lot returning from last year paired with the coaching of Diffees staff.  Have a hard time believing this won’t be a toss up game as usual?

22 minutes ago, Archiewho said:

In the end it’s a jamboree, and it doesn’t matter at all going forward.  BigPurpleMachine, I’ve always respected your opinion on here.  So I got to ask.  Why are you so convinced Milan is down?  They got a D1 player and a lot returning from last year paired with the coaching of Diffees staff.  Have a hard time believing this won’t be a toss up game as usual?

My Big Purple  Homegirl in no way believes Milan is down he read Art of the deal and has decided to author his own book “ art of the sandbag”  !!! They are fast physical with monsters all the way down each line ! 

22 minutes ago, Archiewho said:

My Big Purple  Homegirl in no way believes Milan is down he read Art of the deal and has decided to author his own book “ art of the sandbag”  !!! They are fast physical with monsters all the way down each line ! 

2 hours ago, Archiewho said:

There is a ton of truth in this. Injuries, covid, and a few other things I will not mention play into this. Their true varsity squad did NOT suit up against UC.