Milan travels to Trenton Peabody

PeabodyPride

17 minutes ago, PHSRollTide said:

It will be on Facebook live as well.

Here is how it will look for next Thursday. 
(last night’s Jamboree)

https://m.facebook.com/watch/live/?extid=NS-UNK-UNK-UNK-IOS_GK0T-GK1C&v=844823622841885&ref=watch_permalink&_rdr

It will be bad for us. People just need to listen on the radio. No need to watch us get beat down live. 

17 hours ago, PHSRollTide said:

Jacobs is 72-11 as head coach. He has been coach since 2015.

19 hours ago, Tide21 said:

Milan isn’t as good as they last year and we didn’t play one scrimmage with all the starters so who knows no one has seen what the team will be.   As far as usj they seemed to acquire a sec dt and he wreaked havoc on the 190 pound center He was double teamed and still putting them in the back field their defense is probably the best we will see this year 

Ok I watched Peabody late on FB Live. I went to GC Dyersburg last night with my neice, but here is what I seen from Peabody. Defense played well against the trickery of South Gibson. They got their yards outside and Burkette was a man in the middle as they built a stone wall in the middle. He was all over the place, but Peabody’s defense will not miss a beat this year as they are good now and will get better. Their OL is young as we know started playing more physical as the game went on and will be fine, IMO. Dyersburg Peabody will be a war. Dyersburg is loaded. Milan my prediction still stands. Think your looking at a 2 TD win by Peabody. 28-14 is my pick. Milan will have to earn every yard and the Ganoway boys will be too much for Milan. They will have some big play TD’s, IMO.

6 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Ok I watched Peabody late on FB Live. I went to GC Dyersburg last night with my neice, but here is what I seen from Peabody. Defense played well against the trickery of South Gibson. They got their yards outside and Burkette was a man in the middle as they built a stone wall in the middle. He was all over the place, but Peabody’s defense will not miss a beat this year as they are good now and will get better. Their OL is young as we know started playing more physical as the game went on and will be fine, IMO. Dyersburg Peabody will be a war. Dyersburg is loaded. Milan my prediction still stands. Think your looking at a 2 TD win by Peabody. 28-14 is my pick. Milan will have to earn every yard and the Ganoway boys will be too much for Milan. They will have some big play TD’s, IMO.

Yea I was worried about their offense but sounds Ike their defense may be even better. Going to be a long night.

11 minutes ago, Bulldog89 said:

Yea I was worried about their offense but sounds Ike their defense may be even better. Going to be a long night.

I don’t buy the Milan is no good talk. A Dyersburg faculty member told me he thought Milan would be pretty good. He said it was like a 21-7 win for Dyersburg in their scrimmage. He said Milan had trouble with the big back and their other backs. Dyersburg has a bunch of good football players.Milan will put Brown on WR Ganoway and might slow him down a minute but the RB Ganoway just needs a little crease and he is gone. Milan is well coached and will give Peabody all they want. I look for Milan to throw the football quite a bit and try to get Brown in space some.

39 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I was quite impressed with the run defense in the middle for Peabody last night. SGC never picked up more than just a few yards or so between the tackles. Typically, when you can control the line of scrimmage, you win the football game. 

7 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

I was quite impressed with the run defense in the middle for Peabody last night. SGC never picked up more than just a few yards or so between the tackles. Typically, when you can control the line of scrimmage, you win the football game. 

Milan loves to run up middle. This doesn’t sound good for us.

6 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

Yeah Burkett is a man and their DL played well. Peabody I thought tackled well last night too. South Gibson has a good system offensively and will win their share. 

3 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

And The Hornets where some good size fellas up front ! Good coaching and a great ran scheme wins a lot of ball games, I would say last year for example, SGC doesn’t typically have half the stud athletes of Haywood but took them to the woodshed last year ! UC in their dominant years  didn’t have many stud athletic kids ,just one of the best coached hardest hitting lines I have seen ! Lord you look up and think you stopped em, dust settles,UC gained 6 !!!!!!!! It was brilliant and annoying playing them ! I personally think The region with Milan and SGC and the others is gonna be Brutul ! Just hope y’all don’t bruise and batter each other up, it’s what happened in 7/2A when we had four contenders year in year out !

26 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

And The Hornets where some good size fellas up front ! Good coaching and a great ran scheme wins a lot of ball games, I would say last year for example, SGC doesn’t typically have half the stud athletes of Haywood but took them to the woodshed last year ! UC in their dominant years  didn’t have many stud athletic kids ,just one of the best coached hardest hitting lines I have seen ! Lord you look up and think you stopped em, dust settles,UC gained 6 !!!!!!!! It was brilliant and annoying playing them ! I personally think The region with Milan and SGC and the others is gonna be Brutul ! Just hope y’all don’t bruise and batter each other up, it’s what happened in 7/2A when we had four contenders year in year out !

Great post. Our schedule has to be one of the hardest in the entire state. It may make our record look bad, but it will make us a better football team. 

Henry county, and Lausanne are 2 of our non region games... Lawd have mercy! 

36 minutes ago, Bulldog89 said:

Milan loves to run up middle. This doesn’t sound good for us.

I know that Milan has always loved to run off tackle. Even with different coaches year in and year out.... If they can effectively run off tackle against Peabody, I tip my hat to them! Peabody is very salty on the inside. We were able to find some room on the outside and move the ball, but it wasn't up the freaking middle! 

Edited by ManOfMillions

4 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

Great post. Our schedule has to be one of the hardest in the entire state. It may make our record look bad, but it will make us a better football team. 

Henry county, and Lausanne are 2 of our non region games... Lawd have mercy! 

I get this scheduling philosophy though ! Where I played in Georgia coach had this reasoning! If we play teams that are tougher than our region then we are battle ready for region play, but IMO health is a issue with that philosophy in small ball like the Tide, I will be first to admit I don’t like playing 2 big 4 A games and then D burg ! But coach Jacob’s knows what he is doing, we will take a 4th GoldBall in a row over the streak anyday, and I don’t mean the streak like in BigPurplePoodles kangaroos !!!!