WEEK TWO - Oak Ridge vs Bearden

CardinalGrey

52 minutes ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

Don't forget you can watch the Bulldogs vs West game on Diamond Clear Media whenever you want. Before the start of the game the announcer talks about several players that switched from BHS and West. Makes me wonder what happened at West to cause all the transfers. It also makes me think something is out of wack in the KIL. Recruiting getting out of hand? I sure would like to know how the Nolan brothers first became interested in Powell?  Why doesn't a Powell fan just say what happened? They will say nothing illegal was done but offer no information on what did happen. 

:popcorneater:

Willie, as a Powell fan, I don't have the foggiest clue how that happened. Sorry that I don't have any juicy details.

5 hours ago, Knoxemdown said:

this is awfully troll for you.  I'm a bit dissapointed.  But let's entertain it for a bit.

You've talked about the three kids that left West multiple times.  Two are at OR with a coach that left.  One is at Bearden.  

That looks to me like a coach was unhappy and a QB2 wanted to be a QB1.  Maybe there is more.  Can you share specifics?

Are you hinting that OR recruited those kids in?

Or that Bearden recruited a kid?

As for the Pals, do you have specifics?  Like either you know something (I'm intrigued if so), or you might be a terrible, gossipy, fellow.

I don't know you and you don't know me. I was not trolling any team. I found what the announcer for Diamond Clear Media to be interesting and pointed that out. Not trolling.

I have no specifics about West. That is why I mentioned it. It seems odd to lose 3 players . That doesn't happen every year of does it? Your explanation about the West transfers seem logical to me. Thanks for offering your thoughts.

Why would an Oak Ridge fan come on CoachT and say Oak Ridge recruited the West players? I love my Wildcats and wish them all the best in the World. I also think Coach G would not cheat or that the ORHS Administration would allow any funny business to go on in any OR sport.

No, I have nothing against BH except their boys and girls soccer teams are really hard to beat.

As for Powell, I read on here they did nothing wrong. I wonder what they did right to get such quality players. Maybe UT in some way helped out and that nothing fishy took place. Just because I have a question about something doesn't mean I am gossiping. More power to Powell.

I hope I answered your points clearly. I was not looking for a fight. After the two dust ups I went through this summer, I am trying not to upset people with my opinions. If I did rub you the wrong way, I am sorry but I really wasn't trying to.

Who is your team or teams?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Knoxemdown said:

this is awfully troll for you.  I'm a bit dissapointed.  But let's entertain it for a bit.

You've talked about the three kids that left West multiple times.  Two are at OR with a coach that left.  One is at Bearden.  

That looks to me like a coach was unhappy and a QB2 wanted to be a QB1.  Maybe there is more.  Can you share specifics?

Are you hinting that OR recruited those kids in?

Or that Bearden recruited a kid?

As for the Pals, do you have specifics?  Like either you know something (I'm intrigued if so), or you might be a terrible, gossipy, fellow.

Knox,  the "coach" was unhappy because he was asked to take a hike from West and moved.  He is not on the staff at OR.   The qb now starting at Bearden wanted to get on the field with the varsity somewhere as a senior.

Anybody want to share what happened with our freshmen coach?   

Can the Oak Ridge offense get the running game going vs a good defense? I have little faith but hope to be surprised.Can Heyward go for 200 plus every week and carry us?Can Minor somehow have another good defense after losing all those players from last year?I got to give 10 credit to be a small 10th grader he plays big and will be a heck of a player as he gets older.I think Beardon will have advantage upfront on both sides and thats why I give them the edge. Hopefully our coaches learned some things from week one but we will see.

3 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Can the Oak Ridge offense get the running game going vs a good defense? I have little faith but hope to be surprised.Can Heyward go for 200 plus every week and carry us?

I wish Heyward could carry us every game but he'll start to get double teamed and we will have to look for the other WRs to get things done. Oh, #13 will still get a lot of yardage but we may have to find more creative ways to get him the ball. Maybe reverses and screens?

I am starting to worry this year's team is going to drive me crazy. We know the OL / DL will have to improve but when will it happen? The DBs need some work and to get Rodgers healthy but when will that happen? The RBs need a healthy Jackson and for the OL to run block better but when will that happen?

So many questions and probably  they won't get answered the same week. It will be like putting a puzzle together one piece / game at a time. I will be happy if it all comes together by Playoff time.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Can the Oak Ridge offense get the running game going vs a good defense? I have little faith but hope to be surprised.Can Heyward go for 200 plus every week and carry us?Can Minor somehow have another good defense after losing all those players from last year?I got to give 10 credit to be a small 10th grader he plays big and will be a heck of a player as he gets older.I think Beardon will have advantage upfront on both sides and thats why I give them the edge. Hopefully our coaches learned some things from week one but we will see.

Doubt that will happen...the OR coaches are very stupid and incapable of learning

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, oridgecat said:

Knox,  the "coach" was unhappy because he was asked to take a hike from West and moved.  He is not on the staff at OR.   The qb now starting at Bearden wanted to get on the field with the varsity somewhere as a senior.

Anybody want to share what happened with our freshmen coach?   

TBF,  OR fans have reported on this board that he is a coach...