WEEK TWO - Oak Ridge vs Bearden

CardinalGrey

9 hours ago, oridgecat said:

Knox,  the "coach" was unhappy because he was asked to take a hike from West and moved.  He is not on the staff at OR.   The qb now starting at Bearden wanted to get on the field with the varsity somewhere as a senior.

Anybody want to share what happened with our freshmen coach?   

I hear he thought he could cuss and call kids names some parents wasn't happy about.Just what I heard but maybe someone else might know for sure

I'll be interested to see how this goes. I think OR has the edge in this one. Bearden's offensive unit is still figuring some things out. Went to the West/Bearden game last week and West just plain whipped Bearden's offensive lineman. Bearden's defense has had decent performances in the preseason both last week at West and in the Jamboree vs Powell. OR didn't play very well against SD but Coach Ellison will undoubtedly make some changes. Good luck to both teams!

18 hours ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

I wish Heyward could carry us every game but he'll start to get double teamed and we will have to look for the other WRs to get things done. Oh, #13 will still get a lot of yardage but we may have to find more creative ways to get him the ball. Maybe reverses and screens?

I am starting to worry this year's team is going to drive me crazy. We know the OL / DL will have to improve but when will it happen? The DBs need some work and to get Rodgers healthy but when will that happen? The RBs need a healthy Jackson and for the OL to run block better but when will that happen?

So many questions and probably  they won't get answered the same week. It will be like putting a puzzle together one piece / game at a time. I will be happy if it all comes together by Playoff time.

I agree. Sometimes you just dont have the players to improve or be really good at some spots.I can understand the DL not being great right now with all we lost.The OL on the other hand drives me crazy.We can bring back same 5 every yr and nothing changes.I just want an avg OL and Ill be happy.Maybe Ellison has some tricks to help mask it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PostingGawd39 said:

Hearing that Heyward is out this week, any truth to this?

No idea if this is true. I HOPE NOT! The kid has worked so hard to be as good as he is.

I know Heyward is  out best WR but we do have some other great athletes out there just waiting to shine. I'll mention # 6 as a good WR. Did Rodgers play WR at West?

Oh sheep dip! I just remembered Heyward also plays DB and we have to replace him there too.!

ENOUGH OF THIS NEGATIVE THINKING. We don't really know if he is hurt.