Marion travels to Sequatchie County.

56 minutes ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

You know I am humble pm.  As for former pirates, Starkey returned him where he belonged a long time ago, he was from jasper, as was Sam.  The dc will make or break this year's team.  The defense was the worst part of our team last year and we will go as far as the DC improves.  Do you really think yall are that much better this year or meigs worse since you said yall would fare better?

I believe we are better in some ways.  The style of ball we play all the way around fits better.  I believe Meigs may have lost “a little”, but mostly SP and Jasper have improved.  

4 hours ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

I believe we are better in some ways.  The style of ball we play all the way around fits better.  I believe Meigs may have lost “a little”, but mostly SP and Jasper have improved.  

I'll be honest Mike there's 100% chance that we would beat you this year if we played. Our team isn't worse than last year lol, our offense just isn't as explosive with Meadows gone. It doesn't mean we don't run for 5 yards a carry with our trio of backs. And our defense is stifling this year. We allowed 25 rushing yards this last game and forced them to throw alot and well in the end we had around 3 interceptions maybe 4. The game was 30-0 at the half and we had scored twice before our offense ever got the chance at the ball.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Yeti said:

I'll be honest Mike there's 100% chance that we would beat you this year if we played. Our team isn't worse than last year lol, our offense just isn't as explosive with Meadows gone. It doesn't mean we don't run for 5 yards a carry with our trio of backs. And our defense is stifling this year. We allowed 25 rushing yards this last game and forced them to throw alot and well in the end we had around 3 interceptions maybe 4. The game was 30-0 at the half and we had scored twice before our offense ever got the chance at the ball.

Hence why I put lost “a little” in quotations.  I wasn’t really sure.  I do feel we are better than last year though overall.  You are probably right though.  We do start ALOT of sophomores that see much playing time last year that should have even as freshmen

22 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Hence why I put lost “a little” in quotations.  I wasn’t really sure.  I do feel we are better than last year though overall.  You are probably right though.  We do start ALOT of sophomores that see much playing time last year that should have even as freshmen

We are senior heavy this year, our passing game is much better than last year by a mile. Our defense so far seems to be better, which I thought was already good last year. Our run game just isn't as explosive as last year with the exception of our qb. He is some faster this year and much stronger. If covid would allow he would definitely have a highlight reel season this year.. not tearing your team down or anything I just Haven't bragged on us much. Trying to be a little more humble and stay under the radar some. Wish you a good year man. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Yeti said:

We are senior heavy this year, our passing game is much better than last year by a mile. Our defense so far seems to be better, which I thought was already good last year. Our run game just isn't as explosive as last year with the exception of our qb. He is some faster this year and much stronger. If covid would allow he would definitely have a highlight reel season this year.. not tearing your team down or anything I just Haven't bragged on us much. Trying to be a little more humble and stay under the radar some. Wish you a good year man. 

My opinion is sp is no where close to as good.  Watching them play seq they have huge deficiencies with line play.  They do have athletes all over the field though, lots of seniors at the skill positions.  So skill position and coaching I would say they are better, line, no way.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

My opinion is sp is no where close to as good.  Watching them play seq they have huge deficiencies with line play.  They do have athletes all over the field though, lots of seniors at the skill positions.  So skill position and coaching I would say they are better, line, no way.

I agree with this....kinda. I think our biggest weakness is the offensive line. Time will tell how that develops over the next few games and I think a lot of questions may be answered this week.  D-line I believe will be just fine especially when they are all healthy.  75 & 57 will be very tough this year side by side and I think we have plenty of speed coming off the ends.  Overall I think we will be  better in some areas this year and not as good in others ( o-line)  but given a brand new coaching staff I'm interested to see how adjustments will be made and how this coaching staff will develop those younger players throughout the season.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Yeti said:

SP has come out throwing in the Jam and against Dunlap so you would likely have to force the run to force the pass ...  Mount seems to be stepping up to fill in for Frame . . .

5 minutes ago, rlh said:

SP has come out throwing in the Jam and against Dunlap so you would likely have to force the run to force the pass ...  Mount seems to be stepping up to fill in for Frame . . .

Good that you have a kid that can take his place. We have had over 10 interceptions preseason so far if not more. And 3 total this first game. We are very sound defensively so far and Sweetwater wasn't a bad team offensively really. We just made them look bad. 

3 hours ago, Yeti said:

Good that you have a kid that can take his place. We have had over 10 interceptions preseason so far if not more. And 3 total this first game. We are very sound defensively so far and Sweetwater wasn't a bad team offensively really. We just made them look bad. 

Wow that’s really good. I’d like to see y’all win gold this year.  You got a great chance.  The Mount kid he mentioned taking over for Frame is the WR that made that miraculous diving, bobbling, one-handed catch in the end zone against y’all last year.  

On 8/24/2021 at 2:57 PM, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Here’s one for you. Pick 1. Explain. 
Who has better shot to win?

sequatchie at home be Marion 

or

Bledsoe at Meigs?

1 hour ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Wow that’s really good. I’d like to see y’all win gold this year.  You got a great chance.  The Mount kid he mentioned taking over for Frame is the WR that made that miraculous diving, bobbling, one-handed catch in the end zone against y’all last year.  

I have a decent shot of that. I'll post it in a bit if I get time.