WEEK 2: Powell @ Maryville

keepitmoving

I’ll be surprised if Powell keeps it within 17 points, but I’ve been wrong before. They certainly have the talent. Maryville is just so great at exposing your weaknesses and I feel that Powell secondary will get exposed similarly to what happened against AC. I guess it all depends how much pressure they can get on Carson. With the 5 star DT, they just might, we’ll see. Now I do think Powell will put some scores on the board, but as always, Maryville will make enough stops to keep them pretty far at bay. I’m saying it’ll be a 17-21 point game. I just think the Panthers make too many mental mistakes as far as penalties are concerned, and as good as Potts is, he’s known to throw a pick or 2 at really bad times and the Rebels always capitalize on those. Clean those things up and they may prove me wrong. Hoping for a good, clean, injury free game.

Edited by SweetScience

One thing is for sure Maryville will have the jump on Watxhing the Powell AC game rerun. I think AC exposed Powell weakness and I am sure Maryville will note. And too Powell and AC may still be a bit exhausted from that game. They brought out best in each other. If Powell gets it together they can play with anyone. But this is Maryville and it's still early season and while AC is an exact precise surgeon on offence Maryville may be just enough surgeon on both sides. I do not look for a shoot out and I do see Nolen stepping and making some differences. 

My uneducated guess away game Powell and no political clout haha in this game is     

Maryville 35-27 I feel learning experience for Powell as they will get better as the season progresses. If they beat Maryville this early cady bar the door for who ever plays Powell.

Haha Just my two cents and that's with inflation... lol

33 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

One thing is for sure Maryville will have the jump on Watxhing the Powell AC game rerun. I think AC exposed Powell weakness and I am sure Maryville will note. And too Powell and AC may still be a bit exhausted from that game. They brought out best in each other. If Powell gets it together they can play with anyone. But this is Maryville and it's still early season and while AC is an exact precise surgeon on offence Maryville may be just enough surgeon on both sides. I do not look for a shoot out and I do see Nolen stepping and making some differences. 

My uneducated guess away game Powell and no political clout haha in this game is     

Maryville 35-27 I feel learning experience for Powell as they will get better as the season progresses. If they beat Maryville this early cady bar the door for who ever plays Powell.

Haha Just my two cents and that's with inflation... lol

I'm sure Powell will watch the Maryville/Heritage game and see where Heritage found all of Maryville's weaknesses as well.  :wacko: 

p.s. I couldn't even type this without snickering. :roflol:

• Like 1