Beech hosts Henry County

eers

1 minute ago, BigRedtaco said:

If Henry County offense will show up like it did in the preseason and all those boys are healthy annnnnddd if there is actually a fine mix of plays rather than the same 3 like we did against Summit than maybe there will be more points on the board. Anyone else notice that the passes that put points on the board were actually longer than 15 yard passes? We’ve got the talent for a hot hot offense. Defense on the other hand needs an attitude adjustment. Fill in some gaps, swarming to the ball, play for the guy next to each other. Maybe even be ready to blow someone’s socks off! I hope these guys can come back and show this state and our community some Patriot Pride and put in some work to put Beech in a tight spot this Friday!

I got the feeling in the second half we were just playing to stay healthy. First few series of the game we seemed to be trying to mix things up on offense. After it became apparent that Summit was going to score at will, I think we kinda mellowed out. Totally agreed on the defensive adjustment. Haven't seen any teeth in that unit at all so far.  

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, BigRed88 said:

Funny how im not the only one calling out the defense...:popcorneater:

Speaking the truth. I’ve seen phenomenal adjustments made over the years and I still trust that coach will make the right adjustments. I see though how all this rona mess being very distractive so hoping for some strong wills! Not the ones rolling over

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BigRedtaco said:

Speaking the truth. I’ve seen phenomenal adjustments made over the years and I still trust that coach will make the right adjustments. I see though how all this rona mess being very distractive so hoping for some strong wills! Not the ones rolling over

People would be amazed if we can just muster up an average defense and open the playbook up on the offensive side how good we can still be. 

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, BigRed88 said:

People would be amazed if we can just muster up an average defense and open the playbook up on the offensive side how good we can still be. 

Anyone taking shots at BigRed88 has no idea the passion and feeling he has for HC football... he has always been fair and objective in my conversations with him. These days everyone is so woke, you can't even have a little fun or even an opinion. Truth is HC defense has faced four of the better offenses in the state and will get better. Coach Counce never dodges anyone and always has his team around at the end. For many of us, this poster is the face of Patriots football - a throwback to the old days. 

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, reddyrebel6 said:

Anyone taking shots at BigRed88 has no idea the passion and feeling he has for HC football... he has always been fair and objective in my conversations with him. These days everyone is so woke, you can't even have a little fun or even an opinion. Truth is HC defense has faced four of the better offenses in the state and will get better. Coach Counce never dodges anyone and always has his team around at the end. For many of us, this poster is the face of Patriots football - a throwback to the old days. 

I really appreciate that man!! I know also "you can't please everyone." The last line you wrote is exactly why some folks was jealous of that account. God forbid somebody criticize anything about Patriot football. Im the type guy if some part of the team is bad im going to call it out whether it be offense, defense or whatever. If they do good I go above and beyond to praise them! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3