Beech hosts Henry County

eers

Beech was opportunistic recovering almost all of those fumbles. That's how many times my G men dropped it last week, except unfortunately we lost two of them & both in our own territory. Definitely not something you want to see. This was a good game overall though. Definitely was not a blowout.

Edited by thegreatone36

Beech left a lot of points on the board, should have at least had two more TDs. Turnover on downs inside the 10. Broken play from the 1. Too many penalties and too many mistakes. Defense has played well the first two weeks. They were an unsportsmanlike call away from a shutout. Offense really showed some signs of life tonight, as both QBs played better. They’re still trying to figure out this new passing identity though… Offense will only continue to get better. 

53 minutes ago, BigRed88 said:

Yeah and STILL won! Henry County just isn't good. That's just all there is to it. Springfield should easily win the region. Thats all I got to say...

Whoa big fella! It’s still early and I have no doubt the Patriots will give Springfield all they want and then some when we come to Paris in October. 

2 hours ago, BigRed88 said:

Yeah and STILL won! Henry County just isn't good. That's just all there is to it. Springfield should easily win the region. Thats all I got to say...

Not so fast!...HC has lost to 2 really good 6A teams, Springfield has beaton 1 pretty bad team and 1 mediocre 6A team. I am confident the Jackets are going to be right in the mix to win the region and are capable to do so, BUT it will be anything but easy.....

6 hours ago, Kevin38 said:

Not so fast!...HC has lost to 2 really good 6A teams, Springfield has beaton 1 pretty bad team and 1 mediocre 6A team. I am confident the Jackets are going to be right in the mix to win the region and are capable to do so, BUT it will be anything but easy.....

100% agreed! I’m glad the yellow jackets have won the first two games in the fashion that they have, but the competition is hugely different between Springfield’s wins and Henry County’s losses. No way it will be easy 

59 minutes ago, Poundtherock23 said:

100% agreed! I’m glad the yellow jackets have won the first two games in the fashion that they have, but the competition is hugely different between Springfield’s wins and Henry County’s losses. No way it will be easy 

7 hours ago, Kevin38 said:

8 hours ago, JacketLover said:

Whoa big fella! It’s still early and I have no doubt the Patriots will give Springfield all they want and then some when we come to Paris in October. 

I agree completely it won’t be easy by any stretch but it should be fun 

This game was almost a carbon copy of Beech’s week one game against Farragut: very sloppy offensive performance, multiple fumbles, busted plays, penalties.  The Bucs have to get better on O. Both Soph QB’s and the entire new O line need to start getting better. Both qb’s had some good moments but then both looked like sophomores at times. I would put the Bucs’ three headed receiving Corp up against anyone in the state. (Can’t believe I just said that) Defense put in another strong performance carrying a shutout into the last few minutes of the game. Still lots of work to do. 

1 hour ago, tandem said:

This game was almost a carbon copy of Beech’s week one game against Farragut: very sloppy offensive performance, multiple fumbles, busted plays, penalties.  The Bucs have to get better on O. Both Soph QB’s and the entire new O line need to start getting better. Both qb’s had some good moments but then both looked like sophomores at times. I would put the Bucs’ three headed receiving Corp up against anyone in the state. (Can’t believe I just said that) Defense put in another strong performance carrying a shutout into the last few minutes of the game. Still lots of work to do. 

Beech’s perceived bad start is the mid-season form some teams strive for 

2 minutes ago, TheCommissioner said:

Beech’s perceived bad start is the mid-season form some teams strive for 

I agree with that, but it’s still not where they need to be. The fact they had 219 passing yards at halftime shows they can be really good. Still made a lot of mistakes, but I thought they were still much improved. When they really hit their stride, they will be a load for anyone to stop. Both QBs have a lot of potential we’ve yet to see on a Friday Night.