Oakland Patriots

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought all oakland and Riverdale games were played at middle until stadiums were built. I think Siegel even played some games there. I agree the more schools that are added the less posters for each team. Posters I remember most are my2cents, lostolddad, nrgrizzlies, tdcman, and a couple others. I think most are no longer around for various reasons. 

Edited by workinprogress

38 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Both teams needed a 10th game, it's as simple as that. I'd like to see Oakland's schedule filled with great matchups across the state, but it's rare to find a program that wants to challenge themselves. Pretty soon we're gonna have a schedule of nothing but privates and out of state teams

I know they had 9 games each before scheduling this game. Top 25 in the nation team vs. top 5 1A team in Tennessee. Gotcha. 

6 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought all oakland and Riverdale games were played at middle until stadiums were built. I think Siegel even played some games there. I agree the more schools that are added the less posters for each team. Posters I remember most are my2cents, lostolddad, nrgrizzlies, tdcman, and a couple others. I think most are no longer around for various reasons. 

They did, but point being the 98 playoff game drew over 20,000 people. If these 2 we're the only teams in town, I could see drawing that much again. 

82cat, region4fan/2priceless, mykidsdad, pattonboysdad and many others come to mind

51 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Just my personal opinion. Go back and look at old RuCo CoachT threads. Way more activity than now. About the only games Oakland packs in now are when Maryville plays here or maybe Riverdale. 20 years ago, #1 Oakland v. #3 Riverdale would have been a game played at MTSU

I agree,,, just trying to be funny(and failing) ... I went to the Rivedale Rossview game (if you can call it that ) and there was literally about 25% capacity on Riverdale side and maybe 50 people on the Rossview side if you count the cheerleaders.  The threads and posters here have certainly become les in my time on this site which has been a pretty good while .

Unrelated but those old Riverdale Oakland games were a blast for a guy who didn’t care who won. To this day, I’ve never attended a game with more people at the game, then when I went to Riverdale Oakland, for the first time in 2009. Actually went again in 2010. Both times it was a blast. Great games. 

As is the case in Williamson County, the thing I hate most about all the growth in population is that’s it’s caused so many schools to be built. It’s taken away from those old time connections that people had to just a few schools. I do love having lots of schools and more good competition in Williamson county though.  

Now on topic. That performance today was impressive. I’ll never get tired of watching an old school coach line up and run the wing-t with such success in 2021.

12 minutes ago, SurfingPatriot786 said:

Unrelated but those old Riverdale Oakland games were a blast for a guy who didn’t care who won. To this day, I’ve never attended a game with more people at the game, then when I went to Riverdale Oakland, for the first time in 2009. Actually went again in 2010. Both times it was a blast. Great games. 

As is the case in Williamson County, the thing I hate most about all the growth in population is that’s it’s caused so many schools to be built. It’s taken away from those old time connections that people had to just a few schools. I do love having lots of schools and more good competition in Williamson county though.  

Now on topic. That performance today was impressive. I’ll never get tired of watching an old school coach line up and run the wing-t with such success in 2021.

You should have seen some of the matchups in the late 90s/early aughts. B.O.B was drawing better at MTSU than their own program was. 2010 Riverdale was a wild team. I've never seen a team regularly bury themselves early, only to make a comeback, as often as they did

15 hours ago, workinprogress said:

True about games played at MTSU. When Blackman was getting ready to come online the stadium couldn’t juggle 3 teams (even though in Georgia 3 teams share Callaway Stadium in LaGrange, lots of Thursday night and Saturday night games) so they built each school their own stadium. Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t Father Ryan play their home games at Vanderbilt for years?

On 8/29/2021 at 7:33 AM, TomLHS said:

High school sports fan participation is always determined by the relative population of the surrounding area.  The greater the population, the more entertaining events that people have to choose from.

That may be true in Tennessee but have you ever been to a game in Texas when two of the better teams are playing?