Ya'll hear about Oakland??

ttitan27

14 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Since 2015, the home team has won every game in this series. Talent wise, Oakland was probably better in 2019 and they got shutout

Which is why I am surprised no one is giving Maryville a chance?  They are not the same team from last year.  Oakland is tough not going to lie but you can never count Maryville out.

13 minutes ago, Rebel1972 said:

Which is why I am surprised no one is giving Maryville a chance?  They are not the same team from last year.  Oakland is tough not going to lie but you can never count Maryville out.

Most of which are probably the types that throw a celebration anytime Maryville loses a game. Your not gonna see any Oakland folk proclaim that to be an easy game. Until Oakland can win there, Maryville is the favorite anytime it's at their place

2 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Most of which are probably the types that throw a celebration anytime Maryville loses a game. Your not gonna see any Oakland folk proclaim that to be an easy game. Until Oakland can win there, Maryville is the favorite anytime it's at their place

Not true Oakland by 14 if they do play this year. Maryville Is well coached, but that only gets you so far this year!

12 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Allow me to retort....

McDaniel was 4-4. If your gonna use facts, at least get it right. Last I checked, Kevin Creasy is the current HC.

Total Gold Balls: Oakland 5 Riverdale 4

Must have struck a nerve with you.  What about the overall record?  I don’t think Gary Rankin was coaching Riverdale until 1990 . Get your “facts” straight…skippy.  By the way, 4-4 is still paltry.

49 minutes ago, TomLHS said:

Must have struck a nerve with you.  What about the overall record?  I don’t think Gary Rankin was coaching Riverdale until 1990 . Get your “facts” straight…skippy.  By the way, 4-4 is still paltry.

Says the guy that got his feelings hurt about a freshmen score. How many gold balls does Riverdale have without Rankin?

47 minutes ago, TomLHS said:

Arshad221, this guy is either McDaniel or a relative.

I've started following Oakland long before McDaniel, so keep guessing skippy

1 hour ago, MidTennFootball said:

Says the guy that got his feelings hurt about a freshmen score. How many gold balls does Riverdale have without Rankin?

If you’ve been following them for so long then you’d know what I said about them getting transfer help has elevated that program. That’s not hating that’s a fact 

Is Oakland good? Without question. They have a good coaching staff from top down. They have facilities that match or are better than those around. They have a good school zone to pull kids from. They have tradition. And yes the transfers without question help. Many kids transfer into the middle school first. Its a combination of all of this that leads to success. 

I laugh at the argument that no one notices those that transfer out. 

3 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Oh I am sure you have been a clinger for a long time.  However, you haven’t answered my question of OHS overall record versus Riverdale, when there wasn’t the so called dominant coaches at Riverdale.  Yes, Oakland does get in transfers.  Don’t get all defensive, little skippy. I think Creasy is the best coach in our district at this time.  We have barely played thirty percent of the schedule and many exciting games to be played.

2 hours ago, arshad221 said:

If you’ve been following them for so long then you’d know what I said about them getting transfer help has elevated that program. That’s not hating that’s a fact 

The guy is in denial, arshad221. It occurs at many schools.

Edited by TomLHS

1 hour ago, workinprogress said:

Is Oakland good? Without question. They have a good coaching staff from top down. They have facilities that match or are better than those around. They have a good school zone to pull kids from. They have tradition. And yes the transfers without question help. Many kids transfer into the middle school first. Its a combination of all of this that leads to success. 

I laugh at the argument that no one notices those that transfer out. 

Well said.