Huntingdon at Riverside

@38320

On 9/4/2021 at 2:22 PM, Croppygenius said:

Looking forward to making this trip. I think this is the 51st meeting between these 2 programs. Expecting an old fashion slugfest. Probably will come down to which teams plays the cleanest ballgame.

Your right obviously if you make a lot of mistakes your chances of winning are slim but penalties have been a problem for the Panthers and have to shore that up if they want to compete. Defense so huge in this game and that’s something Riverside has been very consistent in. But Ik Huntington no slouch either and will bring it. U have to go back to 1992 the last time Riverside won between these two and I think that score was 2-0. Except a good ole tough, grinding game with a great atmosphere. Going to b a packed house 

On 9/4/2021 at 7:26 PM, @38320 said:

These teams used to be in the Volunteer Conference before TSSAA got involved with the region divisions. I can't remember all the teams but I think it was these two plus Camden, Lexington, McKenzie, Chester Co., and a couple of others. You H'don guys correct me if I'm wrong if any are old enough to remember. 

I remember Savannah in it. What conference was Milan in?

5 hours ago, Bigpun54 said:

I’m surprised this has been such a quiet thread so far this week. Really thought it would stay hot. Two pretty good teams that are very similar and both tied in the AP poll. Ik u Huntington guys usually talk it up in other threads. Would like to know your take on the game 

Hope we are all healthy. I’m glad the guys that were out 2 weeks ago are back especially on defense.

Huntingdon is Huntingdon. After throwing the ball with success against Covington I thought we may surprise some teams with the pass. But….The Mustangs are going to run it and then run it again. Just when you think we may surprise you with a pass. Nope, run.

Defense looked really good against the run against S Side, and had 5 picks from the secondary. Front line on defense is a big stout bunch and some linebackers that like to hit.

I’m hearing good things from Riverside. I think it will be a hard hitting game. 

21 minutes ago, Waker said:

Hope we are all healthy. I’m glad the guys that were out 2 weeks ago are back especially on defense.

Huntingdon is Huntingdon. After throwing the ball with success against Covington I thought we may surprise some teams with the pass. But….The Mustangs are going to run it and then run it again. Just when you think we may surprise you with a pass. Nope, run.

Defense looked really good against the run against S Side, and had 5 picks from the secondary. Front line on defense is a big stout bunch and some linebackers that like to hit.

I’m hearing good things from Riverside. I think it will be a hard hitting game. 

Yeah think this will come down to defense. No doubt it will be a very physical game. Panthers defense has done very well so far   Think it was awesome they only allowed 36 yards from McClain at Lexington when a strong south Gibson team allowed 191 but it comes down to matchups. Could b totally different Friday night. Pretty fired up about it. Might b the best game around. Ya Huntington guys check out our livestream of the Johnnie frost show tomorrow night at TNL today on Fb for our preview of the game