Huntingdon at Riverside

@38320

1 hour ago, VOLnWTN said:

Stop 25, Aden Hutcherson and 19, Cade Wood (easier said than done) and Riverside wins.  The defensive line is big and nasty for H'Town.  We double teamed 57, Darius Gordon, in our game. He is a BOB but can move. 

Have the Mustangs settled on a QB yet or still running the two man show?

Riverside has been hanging their hat on defense but offense not too shabby either. Can run and throw. The Stangs advertise a pretty good defense too and a cloud of dust on offense, should b one of the better matchups around tomorrow night 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Bigpun54 said:

Riverside has been hanging their hat on defense but offense not too shabby either. Can run and throw. The Stangs advertise a pretty good defense too and a cloud of dust on offense, should b one of the better matchups around tomorrow night 

I will tell what has always hurt Riverside and that’s the passing game. Y’all have always been tough against the run. Unless the mustangs pass the ball y’all win hands down. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

I will tell what has always hurt Riverside and that’s the passing game. Y’all have always been tough against the run. Unless the mustangs pass the ball y’all win hands down. 

They only ran two pass plays vs McKenzie.  Pass out into the flats and tried to hit the seam down the middle. They attempted 7 passes. 

5 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

Riverside by 14 in this one. I think Huntingdon will make it entertaining but Riverside by 2 tds plus. Mustangs are playing at the swamp. Tough place to beat those River Rats!

Never had much trouble winning there in the past. Mustangs lead series 42-8. Riverside is tough though. If the Mustangs win this game you better watch them! I look for a very entertaining game. This game should answer a lot of questions about the Mustangs.

20 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Never had much trouble winning there in the past. Mustangs lead series 42-8. Riverside is tough though. If the Mustangs win this game you better watch them! I look for a very entertaining game. This game should answer a lot of questions about the Mustangs.

Agree.  I still say the Mustangs will make a decent run in the playoffs.  And.....if Swenson would ever learn to throw, you might be really dangerous.

3 minutes ago, VOLnWTN said:

Agree.  I still say the Mustangs will make a decent run in the playoffs.  And.....if Swenson would ever learn to throw, you might be really dangerous.

We ran for around a mile and a half against McKenzie. The inability to pass didn’t beat us against y’all, the inability to tackle and have any semblance of a kicking game  were the culprits there. Hopefully that will be cleaned up with all the time off we’ve had. We definitely have our hands full this week.

3 minutes ago, Mustang1969 said:

We ran for around a mile and a half against McKenzie. The inability to pass didn’t beat us against y’all, the inability to tackle and have any semblance of a kicking game  were the culprits there. Hopefully that will be cleaned up with all the time off we’ve had. We definitely have our hands full this week.

You are right. Your two guys ran for a lot of yards with all of our defense loaded in the box to stop it. Blows my mind that we knew what your were going to do, and still couldn't stop your run.  

As far as your inability to tackle, hard to tackle someone when he blows by you. The swing out pass to Taylor on your sideline where he came back across the field and turned it up the sideline and out ran the pursuit was something.  Or, how about leaving the TE unchecked down the middle of the field for 39 yards to the one.  Or the INT returned for 40 yards untouched to the end zone (granted it was raining at that point and I really think the ball slipped when Eubanks? threw it). On the 77 yard run, the one LB did try the old arm tackle.  If he drops and cuts his legs he is down. 

http://www.hudl.com/v/2FdxEa